Wally World Wanderings - and still the only 20 thread you need to read.

Discussion in 'Hey Driver, What's Your 20?' started by Sinister, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Injun

Injun Rabid Squaw Staff Member

you forgot M&P.

2. Sinister

Sinister Smartass Emeritus Supporter

Grabbed a room at a hotel next to the DC because we had some snow today, and they want us all ready to gate out at 6am, and I suck at getting up really early...

Anyway, this room is freezing, and I can't get it warm in here.

Really don't miss being in hotels all the time...

Hopefully tomorrow goes quick and smooth and I can make the drive home at a decent time.

rigjockey likes this.
  3. rigjockey

rigjockey I am the reason why we can't have nice things! Staff Member

They always keep the rooms too cold. I hadda get a room in Detroit after borderline hypothermia, waiting on road service I cranked that heat and woke up a few hours later shivering to death .

4. Injun

Injun Rabid Squaw Staff Member

I usually ask for an extra blanket when I go into a motel room.

Unless it's Phoenix. Don't need one there.

Sinister likes this.
  5. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

See @Injun told ya. Spoilt just that fast. Couple months here and all of a sudden he wants stuff like heat, electricity.......:nails:

Blood, Sinister and Injun like this.
  6. mndriver

mndriver curmudgeon extraordinare

see, there's this box on the wall by the window generally.

if you look at it closely, there's this little panel that flips up. You open it, and you can turn it on HEAT. And then set the temperature to tropic if you care to.

Injun and Tazz like this.
  7. Sinister

Yup...it did a real good job of blowing cold air no matter what I set it on...

Headed back to the DC at the end of this 30 break...hopefully for the last time today...

Tazz and mndriver like this.
  8. Sinister

ironpony likes this.
  9. Sinister

Okay so...Christmas at home went well.

Until the flu kicked in about 330pm.

By them I had most of the toys assembled and batteries installed so I was free to lay on the bathroom floor doubled up in pain and puking my smithfield ham up over and over again.

In fact I puked straight bile after a while.

Tell me, if the human body is such a perfect creation, why doesn't it know to stop puking when there's nothing left, hmm??

Then George Micheal died on Facebook (my phone my only company on the bathroom floor) and it would seem...in real life.

Called in sick on Monday morning. Brand new ****ing job and have to call in sick. Lame. Slept most of the day.

So, I came in early Tuesday morning (today) and talked the Ops Manager into letting me extend this week, and giving me a truck for the duration instead of just tonight when the one I got last Saturday had to be back. The Dakotas got destroyed with snow again this weekend so there's probably going to be some work overflow anyway...so extending wasn't even questioned.

So I left 6025 for 5976, with an extreme risk of misdelivery because of its proximity to 3498 which is in the same city, and picked up claims on 117396, and headed back to 6025.

Then I grabbed 135525 and headed to 60606600 (no really...that's the vendor number!! I know...crazy right?! I'm all like LOLOL and stuff...) and live loaded for 7100.

So I'm taking a 10 at 7100, with no move out of here...because I looked at the load info (finally) and realized they didn't even expect it until about 0700, but I'm early and didn't put in an ETD until I got here.

I'll probably get a message on the OBC in the middle of the night like usual.

Tazz likes this.
  10. AK7

AK7 Well-Known Member

Do they message you alot during the night?

11. Sinister

Once in a while. It only sucks when I forget to mute the thing.

12. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

It really sucks when you forget. Flashbacks of 2001 when you wake up make getting back to sleep hard :(

13. Sinister

True to my predictions I got a load at about midnight last night.

Grabbed an empty and went out to Spring Valley, IL, then took a GM load to Bridgeview, IL, for there went to Melrose Park juse off 290 and loaded Morton Salt going back to Menomonie. All that in about 7 hrs, 40 minutes, made it out to the state line, hit the CAT scale...

Currently on the last few minutes of a 30 break...

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  14. mndriver

mndriver curmudgeon extraordinare

Careful going to the Dakotas. That's not snow. It's solid ice.

Went south out of milbank and there were 15 miles of power lines down. Ice hung on the wire as big as my arms.

Poles snapped off like toothpicks

Sinister likes this.
  15. Sinister

Just got back from Watertown, SD headed home and coming back Saturday morning for my regular week.

Brief discussion about my absence on Monday because I found a piece of paper in my file, was told no biggie...

Funny...it's really sort of turning out to NOT be the brutal dictatorship it has the reputation for.

Don't tell anyone though. That idea alone keeps out a lot of riff raff.

50mph wind gusts.

Not the funnest.

Tazz likes this.
  16. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

Rule #1 If you say you were sick, you were sick. No worries.

The only part that sucks is you had no sick days yet huh?

Sinister likes this.
  17. Sinister

Yeah, no sick days and right up against a holiday...and a bad ice storm that night so I get where it looks crappy...

Eh well...

In the grand scheme it ain't gonna matter a year from now or probably even a month from now...

Tazz likes this.
  18. AK7

AK7 Well-Known Member

Ya,but it will be in your permanent file.lol

Blood likes this.
  19. rigjockey

rigjockey I am the reason why we can't have nice things! Staff Member

No, I hear ya bro. I just had about 20 Coors light and I am asking the same thing:confused-96:

20. Sinister

I used to drink Cooks Light when I was a kid in my 20s.

It had a large opening at the top of the can...but noooo....not for chugging...not at all.

And girls like it too, so we "liked" it.

...and 20 is a pretty magic number.

You'd drink 19 and feel fine. Could probably even remember your friends names.

Then at #20....BLAM...totally destroyed.

Weird...all this talk of alcohol lately and I haven't had a drop since probably October 18 or so.

I think during orientation I walked to a convenience store, grabbed 2 tall cans, watched the Jets lose, posted about it here and went to bed about 10pm.

Winter time people drink more. Maybe that's it.