Wally World Wanderings - and still the only 20 thread you need to read.

Discussion in 'Hey Driver, What's Your 20?' started by Sinister, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Sinister

Sinister Smartass Emeritus Supporter

Not many of our still have them. there stacking up in the back row to be sent out into the commoner world mostly.

Haven't run a set yet.

Rumor mill (guys bullshitting on the ready line in sub zero weather for all that's worth) says Bentonville is considering a brand change to Kenworth, cuz of all the technology Freightliner seems to want to shove down people's throats.

Wouldn't it be something of my predictions all came true and we really have reached a point where the amount of technology that can be beneficial has been reached, and is now tipping the wrong way...

I'd quit driving and become a psychic to the trucking industry. I'd get a booth in a truck stop and do readings. West Memphis Petro maybe. Ontario California even better.

"Jethro....I sense that by your body odor, the pattern of your missing teeth in alignment with the pee boytle formation in the back row, fingerless gloves and the proximity of your wallet chain to the floor, your pants are gonna fall down before you reach the buffet.

No, I don't wanna touch your palm...I just know...trust me. That'll be 75.00 please. "

Injun, rigjockey and Tazz like this.
  2. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

They already have KW's at some DC's. London runs Pete's, St James (?) has KW's I think. Last year Rosser said it had to do with closest support. I know most of Texas is KW or Pete.

I know Freightliner has been working closely with Bentonville to get both the Cummins and Detroits dialed in. I do not like them. The sleeper is to small.

Sinister likes this.
  3. Sinister

...awful lot of vertical space you don't use. Lots of cab 10 feet above the frame. I think that's another reason my friend shuts down for wind all the time.

Course I'm used to mid roof W900s where you step down (never figured that out either) into the sleeper and those are even smaller...

A T680 wouldn't break my heart...

Tazz likes this.
  4. Sinister

Tomorrow is my EWW. Yaaaay!

Gotta figure out how a Christmas eve is gonna work out, but I think I already know.

5. ironpony

ironpony Well-Known Member Supporter

Celebrating steppin' in sumthin' nasty?

EWWwwww!

Duck likes this.
  6. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

End of Work Week.

The bad news @Sinister is it is what you think unless they let you beg off. And they won't.

7. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

May give you a load to the closest store to your house though. That is DC prerogative.

8. Sinister

Actually I'm told a 6am start Christmas Eve, roll home when they decide I'm done for the day, then my normal start time to resume on Monday.
    Lotta miles on the grampa truck, but I'll take it!

Tazz likes this.
  9. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

Yeah it just blows driving in for one day. When I bid on programs I go look which holidays I have off before bidding:yahoo:

Sinister likes this.
  10. Sinister

Got my ham and headed home...

11. rigjockey

rigjockey I am the reason why we can't have nice things! Staff Member

They give you a ham to take home?

Blood likes this.
  12. Sinister

Yes. Big spiral cut thing. Smithfield.

rigjockey likes this.
  13. rigjockey

rigjockey I am the reason why we can't have nice things! Staff Member

Sweet!:drool::thumbsup:

:oops: Sometimes I buy the fully cooked ham but you are still supposed to cook it in the oven, I end up picking away at it and then it is all gone:(

Sinister likes this.
  14. ironpony

Probably one that expired before it got off the truck.

:eek:

Blood likes this.
  15. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

I've hauled out of Smithfield plants before.

It was probably expired by the time it was even loaded.

I refuse to haul out the one in Tar Heel, NC.

It takes ten hours just to drop & hook there. :mad:

ironpony likes this.
  16. Sinister

I used to haul INTO Smithfield.

Sitting unloading a dry van watching renderings come off a conveyor across the lot. Chunks of flesh into a end dump.

Yummy!

rigjockey likes this.
  17. ironpony

That dump is a total pit. The one in Smithfield VA isn't any better.

18. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

Yeah F that one too.

That's the one where there's like half a dozen hoops to jump through just to get through security, in that big oversize carport type thing?

19. Sinister

I think I used to sleep at that one...outside the gate.

20. ironpony

Yeah, and its overrun with CRE wheel holders.

Duck likes this.