Wal-Mart Private Fleet Review

Discussion in 'Wal Mart' started by Tazz, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

Being as it is Walmart Canada I would hesitate to answer any of that @rigjockey

The guys here make $12-16 I believe. Yes there is a discount card here, I would guess there but I can not guarantee that.Our discount is 10% on gm and healthy groceries, and on everything from mid-November until Jan 1.

I will say give them a call. They will lay it out for you. But being as you are days, with weekends off I can almost guarantee that will not be the case there.

• Like Like x 1
  2. rigjockey

rigjockey Token Canadian.

Thank for the reply @Tazz . I think I will stick for now. Being as our company was bought out I will see where it goes.
    I am sure the walmart posting will come up again.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Keendriver

Keendriver Hates all of you Supporter

12-16? That's it?

That seems like quite a drop off compared to what you road guys make.
    I know yard guys aren't gonna make road money, but if you compare what you road guys make vs industry avg. I woulda expected higher wages all the way around.

Of course this probably isn't taking in to account the R.J. From Toronto surcharge......

So his earnings would be more.
    Natch.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

Warehouse folks make 12-14 and yard guys make a couple bucks more. I think they get a night premium, and weekend premium....

They are part of the DC group and not us. Just the way they are set up. It is because they work with the DC for safety purposes, and have nothing to do with the Transportation group side.

5. Keendriver

Keendriver Hates all of you Supporter

I dropped at a T/S the other day and as I am walking inside to get my bills signed, I pass one of those trucker magazine racks and just for ****s and grins I grab one.

Just wanted to look thru and see what, if anything had changed since my days on the road.
    Nadda.....
    "Our drivers earn 60k"
    I do significantly better than that and I'm home every night.
    It's sometimes hard for me to believe I was actually part of this industry that expects so much sacrifice for so little compensation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

Yeah I know. At HUB I was 70k+ off weekends, and home sometimes during the week. I could have been home every night but greedy prink like me always wants one more load. Took the truck home, took off whenever I wanted, and still get a call every couple of months from my old dispatcher.

JB called me a year ago about the Corsicana account in Shelbyville. Home every other weekend, hand unload every truck (mattresses) for 60k a year:rolllaugh:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kruz1980

Kruz1980 Active Member

Tazz, I understand were your coming from on the hand unload. I currently haul Hon office furniture, and we have to hand unload. Been many ah time unloading 300 lb wood desk in Miami, and sweat so much you could ring out your shirt. All this for 58-60k a year.LoL, I am ready for a chance at WMT.

• Like Like x 1
  8. rigjockey

rigjockey Token Canadian.

My pay per hour is on the end of lower spectrum of they yard jockey rate. But I get overtime after 44, So two hour per pay cycle. Plus i pick up a Saturday shift every other week. Time and a half all day long.

Fully paid benefits, so that is a few hundred bucks right there.
    My work is about ten miles from home, So that is money right there.
    Profit sharing and a retirement plan. Money.
    And then there is the SWAG about a $100.00 worth in product ever so often
    Shopping gift cards and gifts from the plant.

I hated this job when I started The hourly rate was ****! I called the boss and got me a raise. I will be giving him another call in the fall.
    I work with this guy that is near retiring and he spelled it out for me. All of the above is money. Just show up everyday and make the best of the **** sammich.

The last job that I had this much contempt for, I was gonna quit in 3 weeks, I ended up staying 6 years. :D

And now, I feel like a am worth a million in prizes, No Cash!:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chitown

Chitown New Member

Hey Tazz,

I have my Pre Trip Test and my Road Test on the 24th of August in Plainview, Texas. With that being said, I will be taking my HAZMAT TEST this coming week. I know on the application it says you have 120 days before your hire date to get your HAZMAT. Should i be worried if i walk in there with my information knowing i just took my hazmat test??? Also, I did mention to Chris in Bentonville that a few jobs dates may be off on my application. Is there anyway that i can correct that or call HR before i do my Pre Trip and Road Test. Please help.

10. Sinister

Sinister Smartass Emeritus Supporter

I think there was a guy in my class that didn't even have his hazmat yet.

So I'd imagine as long as you've passed the test you're good.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

What @Sinister said as far as hazmat. You can get it after your indoc and still be good.

They will have you correct the dates to match what the other companies report I think.