Wal-Mart Private Fleet Review

Discussion in 'Wal Mart' started by Tazz, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Kruz1980

Kruz1980 Active Member

The volunteer work would be great! I have utmost respect for men as women in the military. Tazz, how long have you been with walmart?

2. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

Almost 3 years.

3. Kruz1980

Kruz1980 Active Member

Tazz, talked with safety man today where I currently work. I told him I've been sharpening my skills on my pretrip. He told me that, I was probably the only one that does a thorough pretrip. When I heard this, I new that I really needed to persue a career with WMT. I'm am ready to be a part of a team of true professionals.

4. Sinister

Sinister Smartass Emeritus Supporter

Slip seating isn't that bad. I'm 8 months in this Saturday 6/17, and I've only absolutely rejected one truck because of cleanliness. There are no repercussions for doing this. They simply assign another truck right away, no questions asked.

Chances are, they know who that guy is anyway.

In a 5 day week I usually only have to hop once in that time.

Lately with tons of vacations I've slip seated once in about 2 months.

One time during the Black Friday rush (why the hell did my phone capitalize that?) I had 3 trucks in 1 week, but that it.

I'm usually thoroughly impressed at how clean the trucks are, even the high mileage ones. Sometimes you have a fridge, sometimes you don't. Anything 15 and newer has a fridge.

If the normal driver has a microwave, you can use it, but don't break it, and clean it.

Simple respect for others property...

This place operates on the same theory I've always had; trucks are easier to "keep" clean than they are to "get" clean.

Look at that! Proper use of a semicolon!

Just don't bring a lot of stuff for your week, and stay organized. You're either working or sleeping anyway most of the time so there's not much time for much else.

I'll rip through 60+ hours in a 5 day week, and I'm not one of the guys who stops all the time and leaves himself On Duty to burn up my week.

Next week when my dispatch board rotates into our extension (we're rotating boards @Tazz not just extending the whole pool - I think it's kinda cool) I'll likely have 65 or more worked into my 6th day.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kruz1980

Kruz1980 Active Member

Sinister, thanks for all the info. Man my punctuation is terrible, lol. I do good to get the point across. You guys help is huge for me; if I would go into an interview with them totally blind, it would be bad news. I took your advice, and been watching all them pretrip videos. They have help me a great deal. If I make it to the road test, I hope they will forgive me if I grind one or two, LOL. I been driving a Volvo automatic, so I no ill be rusty on that road test.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Kruz1980

Kruz1980 Active Member

Tazz, would you educate me on the, "Heart program", and the "Wreaths across America"?

Can they use a p.o box to verify that I'm within the mileage limits for hire?

In the interview process, do they ask about tickets etc.that is older than the minimum requirements? I have got some about 6,7 yrs ago, and I forget the exact day, month, and yr.?

I had a guy fall asleep as he was passing me and side swipe me, and they deemed it "unpreventable".
    Do they hold anything like this against you? It's been 8 mths ago.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  7. rigjockey

rigjockey Token Canadian.

Oh, Come on. Haven't these people been through enough already?:eek::D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

They are the only ones tough enough to drink my coffee! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

You have to use the address on your license.

No idea on what they will say on the tickets or the sideswipe. Though I believe the sideswipe would be OK so long as it was non-preventable.

Walmart truck drivers leave the road to throw party

Welcome

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kruz1980

Kruz1980 Active Member

It would be a honor to be apart of both of these programs.

11. Kruz1980

Kruz1980 Active Member

Happy Father's Day guys!

12. Kruz1980

Kruz1980 Active Member

Sinister, where do you run out of?

13. Sinister

Sinister Smartass Emeritus Supporter

Menomonie, Wi

14. Kruz1980

Kruz1980 Active Member

When you done your pretrip on your tractor before hooking to the the trailer, did they give you wheel caulks? If i touch the slack adjusters and tell them what I would do, do you think that would be sufficient?

15. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

So long as you identify them you'll be good.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kruz1980

Kruz1980 Active Member

Great, thanks for clearing that up for me.

17. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

I actually just check that they are similar, and not actual play. Having more than one go bad here is not very likely. We have inbound checks on every trailer from the techs.

If there is something that goes wrong it is on one axle and one side and stands out.

Do bring a good flashlight with you as well. And don't forget to check your kingpin when you hook up.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kruz1980

Kruz1980 Active Member

That will definitely save a little time, not having to physically pull on each one. When doing the break check I do 6 steps. Tug on tractor then on trailer, then static leak down then apply service brakes for leaks then then fan down to 60 for buzzer and light then on down for tractor protection valve check. Then roll forward 5 mph to test if It pulls to one side. Is this how they like it done?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kruz1980

Kruz1980 Active Member

It's good the techs check out the trailers when they come in. With all the different carriers hauling you guys trailers, you no good an well that most drivers don't even do a walk around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. rigjockey

rigjockey Token Canadian.

They are advertising here for a Yard jockey at the walmart D.C. they make no mention of wages. Says shifts could vary. I don't recall benefits mentioned.
    If they posted this job a year ago I would be all over it. I am not sure I want to jump ship into the unknown. I have a lot of perks where i am at.
    Does walmart offer a discount card for shopping?

I may or may not apply. If I did apply and got an interview they would really have to sway me.
    Thoughts?