Trucking documentary... cant remember the name

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hennessey, Aug 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hennessey

Hennessey Well-Known Member

Does anyone remember a documentary on one of the lower channels that showed truck drivers being something like "killers" drivers or something like that? i was trying to search for it but i totally cant remember any of the words in the title. It came on cnn, or discovery,,,,,

• Like Like x 1
  2. rigjockey

rigjockey Token Canadian.

Yeah I remember that. I don't remember the name of it either.

Thread bump!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hennessey

Im thinking cbs.....aghhhhhh this sucks that i cant remember

4. rigjockey

rigjockey Token Canadian.

Someone here will know. I know it was a sore spot around here for a minute.

5. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member Staff Member

Talking about "Big Rig"?

6. Hennessey

No it wasn't that. Either CBS or CNN or Discovery did a "documentary" type show about truck drivers and the rigs that kill "innocent" victims. They touched base on how the highways weren't safe and how were out here killing people. The show gave all truck drivers a very bad name, and some even called the station that aired it and complained.

I can't for the life of me remember the show, or find it anywhere on the forum. I think its in the general forum but if i was to get one word of it I could do a search but......10:00 Pm, my brain is kinda fried, especially when having to deal with my 2 year old.

7. mndriver

mndriver curmudgeon extraordinare Staff Member Supporter

• Like Like x 1
  8. mndriver

9. mndriver

10. (((ME)))

(((ME))) Well-Known Member

Is this the one you looking for???

11. (((ME)))

12. (((ME)))

Keep in mind not all truck drivers are of this type of activity.
    In every profession there are the rotten ones.
    So before labels are set in place remember not all of them are of this type of mental behavior.
    Remember it can happen any where at any time....To male or female or child.

13. Hennessey

Oh I know oh so well! There are really good drivers out there that would give their last shirt to help out a fellow driver. Then there are drivers that "break the rules" just because. It's those drivers that are creating a bad image for the good ones. HOWEVER.... being on the road, I see a lot of 4 wheelers causing most of the problems for all of us. I have a set route, lynchburg, VA to Dulles Va and back. Yesterday morning, i saw 4 accidents. 3 of them included 4 wheelers and 1 was a semi. After talking to the semi driver, it was a 4 wheeler that caused him to wreck into the guardrail. As I was driving, I saw a lot of the 4 wheelers using their phone, not paying attention and having no regards for us professionals. But what gets me is this.....a 4 wheeler can cut me off in front of a cop and the cop not do anything about it. that, right there needs to change. These 4 wheelers need to be held accountable for their actions.

14. (((ME)))

First:
    I am of the opinion if you old enough to hold a drivers licenses you old enough to take responsibility for your actions and be held accountable.

Second:
    Most people who drive have no clue how hard large heavy transports are to stop cause they do not just stop on a turn of dime.

Third:
    There are some people that should not even be behind the wheel of any type of machinery under no circumstances.

Fourth:
    Common courteous is slowly becoming a thing of the past.
    People have no patience nor tolerance of others...short tempered. This is the making of negative thinking.

Fifth:
    There are some nuts that should be in a nut shells not on the hwy endangering other peoples lives. It only takes seconds and sometimes minutes to snuff out a life.

15. Hennessey

Agreed.....Especially the fourth...

• Like Like x 1