Truckers strike!

Discussion in 'Canadian Trucking' started by rigjockey, Oct 1, 2016.

1. rigjockey

rigjockey I am the reason why we can't have nice things! Staff Member

Injun and Mike like this.
  2. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

Maybe we need to recruit some minorities to strike here. They're the only people the government listens to.

If they ignore it, we can call them racist. :D

Rodger, patriciajnsn and rigjockey like this.
  3. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

Striking because their trailer is loaded wrong and causing more damage by running an axle overweight:rolleyes: Must be OOIDA members:stirpot2:

How about you tell the quarry to load the damn truck correctly or dump it on their scale for them:thumbsup-80:

rigjockey and mndriver like this.
  4. Rodger

Rodger Well-Known Member

Trucker strike.......:rolllaugh3:

5. patriciajnsn

patriciajnsn Steering Wheel Holder

The quarry should have an onsite scale..I use to pick up rock and gravel from two quarries had to weigh the mt once a week because we had the same trailer everyday and weighed our loaded every day then they give you a scale ticket which you give one to cust keep a copy for Your employer.If they picked up product at job site they'll just load you till trailer is full.

6. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

I am sure the quarry does. But it will be a platform (all axle) instead of a split scale.

In Florida we just bought a blanket permit for stiff like this. Some guys would not spend the $150 and get nailed a couple times a year costing about $200 a pop.

I would always axle out my trailers anyways but I ran a live floor with sliding tandems most days. The hoppers were what they were.

7. patriciajnsn

patriciajnsn Steering Wheel Holder

Yes it is a solid platform the trk weight is also on the scale ticket.The loaders know you after a couple times and they just load you honk when theyre doneSo I would be driving to the pile the loader sees me and he has bucket of product is ready to dump in my trailer By the time I'm there.My boss had a permit to haul 85k.Sometimes the loader asked how much it was always 41 because most the time he would put extra on .

8. GAnthony

GAnthony Well-Known Member

i think we should go on strike, and demand more apple butter packets loaded into the grape/strawberry dispenser at the tables and counter.

we should demand more time to wash our clothes and dry them, for the same money

we should demand all truck stops wash the sugar, salt and pepper shakers, and ketchup bottles, as every time i'd pick one up, it'll be greasier than the food.

we should demand privacy walls at the counter, to avoid the chatter from all the former Navy Seals, and Special Forces, that are now drivers.

we should demand all lot lizards be available in a timely fashion.

we should demand all drivers be clean, showered, teeth brushed and uniforms pressed and wearing a tie.

and if none of these demands are met, we should stay on strike till all the 18 year olds come out and play on the roads.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    Blood likes this.
  9. rigjockey

That is what the movement is about, holding the quarry responsible for over weight. I know it's a long shot but loaders/ shippers need to be trained better and held accountable for shoddy workmanship.

Duck likes this.
  10. rigjockey

Gotta love it when the shipper asks how you eant it loaded?
    I want it loaded not over gross and not over on the tandems, drives and steers.
    And then you get Tim the tool man grunt.
    Huuugh?:eek:

11. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

No they're just whiners.

All OOIDA members are whiners. ;)

They never used to be, but then they elected the wrong lobbyist or something. Then instantly they became whiners and all of their causes became frivolous.

It's an interesting psychological phenomenon. ;)

Blood likes this.
  12. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

Except they are not holding the quarry accountable. They are protesting the state scale that is catching them for being illegal.

13. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

Well they're double foreigners, so,.... :rolleyes:

14. Wattie411

Wattie411 Member

I loaded trucks in a quarry for 3 years with a Cat980 frontend loader and I sympathize with these guys. They're prob being ticketed for a few hundred pounds which you know doesn't maje that much if a diff. However a good loaderman knows the trucks hes loading, where, and how they should be loaded. Most loaders have scales that calculates weight off hydraulic pressure. As each bucket is weighed just load them accordingly. It does always fall on the driver but I've always felt the loader should have a part to in overweight tickets

15. realdesertkickin

realdesertkickin Well-Known Member

Haha.....Maybe you should go rally with Aladdin and Haji

If someones getting ticketed for a few hundred pounds, either its a sting or special enforcement, a new cop, or the driver was an a-hole and gave the cop some attitude...Of course, I havent been everywhere, just my experience

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2016
  16. Wattie411

Wattie411 Member

I'm not gonna argue with that.

17. gearjammer

gearjammer jammer

there is gravel pit near the house and only one way out so the cops set up a portable scales about half a mile from the entrance about 3 days a week, this over time has caused the loader operator to become VERY good about loading the trucks, if they err it is on the light side unless the truck driver is an a-hole that insists that the loader puts more on him, and believe me there is more than one a-hole driver, in this case the loader driver gladly load it until the driver is satisfied, and of course theses same a-hole drivers are the ones raising hell because they got a $300.00 overweight ticket.

Tazz and Injun like this.
  18. storm_rider_

storm_rider_ Well-Known Member

Here for every ton over the fine doubles. So 1ton up 1000$ 2ton 2000$ 3ton 4000$ 4ton 8000$ and the company gets a fine and so does the driver.

Wrongly loaded or how ever its worded is another ugly one. Ive had the misfortune of that one. 1500$ fine. You have to have 25% of the weight across your front axle. I was at 22%. Dammit. Lol.

Theres a place in the north island that does lots of produce and a cop in the town thats a real militant prick. He loves growing season. Some of the operators are dodgy and deliberately over load truck to get the pumpkins, potatoes etc out to market. A few transport operators have straight out refused to deal with them.