The War Path

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
Today was a disaster. I got all the stops for today done and had time to get to SLC, but caught a case of the f-its at Flags West. (free showers...you give 'em $5, they give you a key. Showers are in a different building. Supply your own towels. You give 'em back the key, you get your $5 back)

Anyway, ten stops today. The way this works is I have a lift gate and electric jack. I show up at their store and take their pallets in for them or drag them to ths tailgate if they have a forklift. Not all of them do.

Well, warehouse guy apparently didn't think it was important in deciding which pallets to stack on top of which others. Had to downstack two today. First one, they had a forklift, no problem. Second one, no forklift and the next stop's stuff was on top of theirs. Took us 45 minutes of looking at each other and another half hour trying this and that before finally giving up and downstacking by hand, 1,800 pounds of dog food onto another pallet -that is supposed to be taken to an LTL for final- and no wrap to put on the pallet. I really hope the LTL has wrap. And they will have to downstack another two-fer that was stacked backward, the bottom one for them, the top one for the next customer...and I will beg them to downstack another pallet that was the last stop stacked on top of the next-to-last stop, and guess who has the forklift? It ain't the first destination.

Warehouse guy gonna hear it from me in spades when I get back.

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
Sounds like a grilled cheese day
Headed the wrong way for that.

But I got a half-pounder burger that was really great until I set it on my plate and the vegetable half (top) slid off and fell on the floor.

My hair felt like a hat today. I had to tie it up in a ponytail to stop it from being in my face. Warm, humid days do that. But I should have known the day was going to be a challenge because the day always is when I wake up and my hair feels like a hat.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
That's incredible.

The memorial, not the incident.

One step towards healing.

Any word on the lady what's happening with her?

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
She has been "lost" in the system. She has not been released and her location is not being publicized.
:dunno:

She is facing three counts of negligent homicide and over a dozen other charges both felonies and misdemeanors.

My hope is she understands what she did and it eats at her every minute of every day she has left on this earth.

ironpony

Supporter
I should have known the day was going to be a challenge because the day always is when I wake up and my hair feels like a hat.
Some days you're the windshield, some days you're the bug. Warehouse guy deserves a good beatin'.

That's a great memorial to your guys.

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
Salt Lake City is jammed this week. I lapped the truck stop a few times, hoping something besides the one single biggest pain in the butt spot opened up. You know, that one spot that the Pro-FEH-shuh-nullz with a thousand years' experience and lots of nasty things to say about Swift drivers won't even touch. Sho'nuff, an hour later, that spot still the only one open. Welp.. Gotta park someplace, so I shoe-horned my tridem-axled 53-footer into that spot. Probably a good thing I don't have a radio. I didn't want to hear the *****ing about me taking my time. Hey! Tridems don't turn on a dime and the spread between the axles on this one is way wider than I'm used to.

So.. Suck it, Mr. Better'naSwiftie. A girl. Driving a tri-axle. Parked it where you couldn't.
HAH!

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
I used to love blindsiding into holes like that in the carhauler. Had to be empty. With a back and side window on the sleeper, I could pop in them tight holes quick enough to leave the wheel holders quaking. Dipwhits be laying on the horn and I'd keep on keeping on. :D

Tazz

Infidel
Supporter
I used to love blindsiding into holes like that in the carhauler. Had to be empty. With a back and side window on the sleeper, I could pop in them tight holes quick enough to leave the wheel holders quaking. Dipwhits be laying on the horn and I'd keep on keeping on. :D
One of the things I miss about the old 386 was that side window in the sleeper. Made blind siding easier.