The "I Hate Swift" thread

Discussion in 'Swift Transportation' started by Injun, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Injun

Injun Rabid Squaw Staff Member

Let's face it. Few companies cause such a visceral reaction for many people as Swift does. I'm not going to defend every small thing Swift or its representatives do. That's not my station in life. Besides, it would take up far too much of my time. So here we go, some of the most common complaints:

Swift lowers freight rates for everybody.

Swift puts people behind the wheel of a truck who shouldn't be allowed to drive a nail.

Rookies train rookies. It's a recipe for disaster.

Swift took my hood off. I got it fixed and lost my new hood to another Swift.

Swift does not know drivers by name. You're only a number.

Swift fired me for no reason. I took out a trailer door, dragged a boulder out of a truck stop parking lot, ran my mirror into the mechanism in the Memphis truck wash, was late on four JIT loads I said I could do and they let me stay on. Last week, I got into an argument with some old fart who turned out to be Jerry Moyes and they fired me. It wasn't fair.

Sure Wish I'd Finished Training
    Swing Wide, It's a Flippin Trailer
    Sir, What'd I Foul up Today?
    (..backwards)
    Two F**s In a White Semi

Okay, these are some of the most common old standbys. We've heard these. I love originality and wouldn't mind getting a giggle or two out of something new.

Anyway, this is an awesome place to put your complaints about Swift. They may not be addressed individually, but you will feel a lot better when you get it off your chest.

Cheers!

2. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

S ure Wi sh I had a Fast Truck

3. Injun

C'mon, Duck...you can do better than that. :nod:

4. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

Sure Wish I'd Fired the Trainer
    Student With Incompetent F***ing Trainer
    Slow Wheels In Fast Traffic
    Stop Whining, I'm F***ing Trying
    Sedated While In Fast Traffic
    Six Wrecks In First Trip
    Students Will Inevitably F** up Transmissions

Q. How can you tell if your wife is cheating on you with a Swift driver?
    A. He is still trying to back out of the driveway when you get home

5. Hammer166

Hammer166 Instigateur №166™

Say! When'd Injun Finish Training?

6. jingo

jingo Well-Known Member

Fixed

7. Giggles

Giggles I only look innocent

y'all are feeling brave this morning huh???

8. jingo

jingo Well-Known Member

Not trying to ruffle any feathers
    Just adding alittle humor, And thats all

9. Injun

In this thread, I checked my 'tude at the door. This sort of ribbing is exactly what I set it up for.

10. Giggles

Giggles I only look innocent

humor is a good thing...i knew you were....LOL..

11. Hammer166

Hammer166 Instigateur №166™

'Tude? Since when does Injun have 'tude? You sure you're not an impostor?
    :whip:

12. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Hard to Handle

Injun knows my complaint, but for those who don't, I'll go through it again. I worked for Swift for over 4 years. Somewhere inn that 4 years, they put a new policy in place that if a driver takes more than 3 days off, that driver must turn in the truck for another driver to use. Now, I like to work a couple months, then take a week off, so this policy directly affected me. But I decided to play along, and for a while I limited my time off. Then, I went back to my old ways, and started saving up my time off again. First time, I cleaned the truck out and there was a truck waiting for me when I came back. Ok, kind of a hassle, but no big deal in the long run. Second time, I cleaned the truck out, no truck when I came back. I waited 2 weeks that time. That's 2weeks on top of the week I'd already taken off. Ok, mistakes happen. I did eventually get a truck, no big deal in the long run. Third time, I cleaned the truck out, told the fellow I handed the keys to what day I'd be back, asked my DM to remind them what day I'd be back, still no truck when I came back. I sat in their lounge using their Wifi to fill out job applications.

I've worked in several positions for several different companies. One thing I expect in all circumstances is for the company to provide me with the tools I need to do my job. Swift was unable to do that. So I moved on. It didn't work out the way I planned it, but I don't regret my choice to quit Swift.

And I always said it stands for Single White Intelligent Female Trucker.

13. rigjockey

rigjockey I am the reason why we can't have nice things! Staff Member

I have nothing against Swift as a company or it's drivers . Granted some should not be behind the wheel , Some are just new drivers .We have all been there . We should be helping the the new drivers along and some other drivers do , Somewhat comically and kind of rude at times . Of course there are some very good drivers out there that have Swift on their door just tying to put their time in and move on . Others have been out there a long time and maybe just like Swift as a company and stay there .

A few make it easy to pick on Swift .

But this is a thread I believe for Swift joke ,So an oldie but a goody .What do you get when three Swifts pull out of a truck stop? Three parking spaces and one available shower .

14. Injun

Only three parking spaces?

15. rigjockey

Ah crap, I messed up the punch line it shoud be six spaces and one availible shower.Looks like Swifty is laughing at ME now.LOL

16. Injun

For the record, Ms. WhirlWind has a legitimate complaint. Swift has lost more than a few good drivers over this policy.

17. rigjockey

I agree , That policy sucks . I would hate to have pull out all of my gear and possibly be assigned a different truck just to have three or more days off . From the corporate perspective ,It may deter drivers from taking time off , At the thought of having to haul all your gear out and then back into a different truck with unknown problems. Not fair at all but I see the corporate strategy .

18. Racer X 69

Racer X 69 Member

Geeze, that really sucks. So say you wanna take 4 days off. For me, when I move out of a truck (it has happened twice for me so far) it takes the better part of two days. Of course I accumulate a lot of ****. And when I move out of a rig I make sure it is cleaner than when I moved in, so I clean it up very well.

So anyway, you take 4 days off, take two to clean your **** out and only really get 2 days off.

That would really bite.

19. Racer X 69

Racer X 69 Member

Come on now. Is there someone like you that works for Werner, USA Truck, or one of the other Mega~Carriers that treat people like cattle?

I have witnessed plenty of bad treatment toward drivers form just about all the larger companies. Somewhere on this forum is a story or two I have related about drivers I have met on the road who are getting the Royal Shaft from the company they are driving for, and other drivers I have seen that are "rookies" who have been taught by "rookies".

Oh, yeah, here is one: We Employ Retards, No Experience Required

20. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

They should just get it over with and start recruiting their drivers from homeless shelters, teaching them to drive a truck, and pay them just enough that they can afford clean clothes and a hot meal.

You know that's every mega-fleet CEO's wet dream.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.