The CB BEST antenna HANDS DOWN

BirchBarlow

I hate KW 680s
About a third to half the threads here are best antenna.

The problem here is best is based upon personal experiences without any regard for ones radio or setup...

The best antenna hands down is........ Based upon your needs and setup.

Most CB junkies got linear amps and run power and in that case you must get a quality antenna otherwise ya wasted 3-4 hundred in setup with a crappy 15-25 dollar whip. Yes, power and big radio needs something like a Predator or the $80 k-40 but...........

Radio "out of the box or even a basic peak n tune without an amp....Ya wasting your money on something like a Predator.

Cobra out of box simple peak n tune job swinging only requires a good Firestick $20 or even a cheaper provided you tune the antenna.

SWR meter and 18 feet of co-ax is standard now ya don't need that fancy co-ax if ya running basic the Barjan or Radio Shack is fine for basic setup ya ain't gotta buy premium co-ax unless ya running real power.

Set the swr ratio proper and out of the box and a good peak n tune on a firestick whip will do ya just fine......

Running linears on a big radio then listen to the CB junkies

Just saying half of us out here ain't got no need or no use to spend the big $$$$

Use common sense

BirchBarlow

I hate KW 680s
Watch with a stock Cobra 25 peak and tuned with a Firestick

Tune your antenna properly and right coax you'll outperform half these so called big radios

Why because #1 you actually took the time to properly tune your ****

Second half these guys with a big radio just got sold one and ain't got the brains to effective use it

BirchBarlow

I hate KW 680s
Uh one last thing STOCK "COBRA" microphones SUCK....

STOCK Uniden Mike's are passable but......

Replace the STOCK MIKE

YA don't exactly need the Road King 56 or some Power Mike but atleast UPGRADE beyond the box especially a COBRA the Cobra stock Mike is JUNK but Uniden ya might make do outta the box

ghostrider

Just wanted to say antennas and radios are matched good sometimes but biggest majority of peoples problems comes with a poor antenna period.personally whatever radio i run whether its tuned or not i run a wilson 1000-5000 or 102 inch whip.firestiks are good on some trucks etc... or frieghliners but if you have a personal vehicle i go with good qaulity coax radio shack coax will be gone in no time every radioshack wire i run before turns to crap in months.
other than that I run 102 inch whip right now. on my uniden pc68 i recieve great up to 35 miles to friends home base stations on a good clear night.I get great reports. pred 10k is best for power i mean amp setup etc...esp a monkey made antenna

my buddy runs a monkey made ant with a 500 watt kicker and 1500 dave made amp he mostly uses it for dx and homebase talk but he has a great setup when he talks ofc he sounds like hes on top of the world but point is antennas are matched for a reason but remember swr has to be 1.1-1.5 no matter what you run neverthe less your waves will be directional north-south and recieve good transmitt crappy

Ones Antenna is the Most importent part of recieving and getting out.

Take a crappy radio,but a really good antenna.. One likely will get out better then one with an excellent radio but crappy antenna..

Better yet..
Get-use an Excellent radio with Excellent antenna..

Problem is..

First one needs to know what a good radio is..
Do You want just a regular type of C.B. ?
An Tuned cb ?
An export radio ?
An ten meter radio ?
An HF ham radio ?

Only then can one properly decide upon what a Proper and Very good antenna is..

With most radios..one only needs a single banded mono antenna
(most any will do in a pinch)

Higher power radios may need ( most don't use enough power to worry about it though) a high power handling antenna..

With extended frequency radios and multi band radios
One needs antennas to address that..

My Opinion is..
Use a Ham radio..modded to recieve 11 meter cb..
Then if you only intend to use on cb 11 meter..get i High Quality antenna..
Otherwise a screwdriver type of antenna if throughout HF range

BirchBarlow

I hate KW 680s
Ones Antenna is the Most importent part of recieving and getting out.

Take a crappy radio,but a really good antenna.. One likely will get out better then one with an excellent radio but crappy antenna..

Better yet..
Get-use an Excellent radio with Excellent antenna..

Problem is..

First one needs to know what a good radio is..
Do You want just a regular type of C.B. ?
An Tuned cb ?
An export radio ?
An ten meter radio ?
An HF ham radio ?

Only then can one properly decide upon what a Proper and Very good antenna is..

With most radios..one only needs a single banded mono antenna
(most any will do in a pinch)

Higher power radios may need ( most don't use enough power to worry about it though) a high power handling antenna..

With extended frequency radios and multi band radios
One needs antennas to address that..

My Opinion is..
Use a Ham radio..modded to recieve 11 meter cb..
Then if you only intend to use on cb 11 meter..get i High Quality antenna..
Otherwise a screwdriver type of antenna if throughout HF range
Being a Trucking "oriented" forums Im sure its CB or Citizens Band Radio...

Sure I know we got some Ham and other frequency Junkies out there & "no" offense...

It just being TruckersForum.com its gonna mostly be CB related stuff

I run a General Lee stock with two Monkey made antennas in all 70 of my semi trucks, i also run a Superstar 158dx with two wilson 4k on my pickup. This is just my opinion, and have never had any issues out of any of my equipment. Radio's, or antenna's