Swift Transportation

IN SHORT,,,EITHER YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES OR YOU DONT,,,SIMPLE AS THAT,,,WHEN I WAS A MENTOR,,I WOULD HAVE STUDENTS OFF MY TRUCK IN THE FIRST 2 OR 3 DAYS,,,WHY??,,BECAUSE I SAY IT LIKE IT IS,,AND THOSE THAT DECIDED TO STICK AROUND HAVE NO REGRET,,,,THESE MEGA CARRIERS ARE LOADED WITH ""OVER-NITE WANNA-BE DRIVERS"",,,BUT LIKE THE ARMED FORCES,,ONLY THE BEST WILL STICK IT OUT AND NOT GIVE UP,,,AGAIN I SAY,,IT'S NOT A 9 TO 5 JOB,,,THIS IS A JOB WITH MANY SACRIFICES WHICH MANY PEOPLE CAN'T COMPLY ,,IT'S THAT SIMPLE,,LIKE COPS,,LIKE PILOTS,,LIKE SOLDIERS,,TEACHERS,,DOCTORS,, ETC,,,THERE IS A PRICE TO PAY,,AND YOU DON'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A DRIVER,,SO BE IT,,LEAVE THE COMPANYS OUT OF IT,,IT WAS YOUR CHOICE TO QUIT//GIVE UP,,,

STICK TO WRITING,,MIGHT STARVE TO DEATH,,BUT AT LEAST WE WILL HAVE SOMETHING TO READ FOR A FULL MONTH,,JAJAJA,,,GOOD LUCK!!!
Turn off the caps lock, man, no need to shout. You certainly made your point.

Sheesh.

patriciajnsn

Steering Wheel Holder
You tell him,LMAO.Driving trk OTR isn't a job it is a lifestyle.I stayout anywhere from a month to 6 weeks,my choice.Trk driving isn't for everybody.Most don't make it thru training to really find out what it's like.
IN SHORT,,,EITHER YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES OR YOU DONT,,,SIMPLE AS THAT,,,WHEN I WAS A MENTOR,,I WOULD HAVE STUDENTS OFF MY TRUCK IN THE FIRST 2 OR 3 DAYS,,,WHY??,,BECAUSE I SAY IT LIKE IT IS,,AND THOSE THAT DECIDED TO STICK AROUND HAVE NO REGRET,,,,THESE MEGA CARRIERS ARE LOADED WITH ""OVER-NITE WANNA-BE DRIVERS"",,,BUT LIKE THE ARMED FORCES,,ONLY THE BEST WILL STICK IT OUT AND NOT GIVE UP,,,AGAIN I SAY,,IT'S NOT A 9 TO 5 JOB,,,THIS IS A JOB WITH MANY SACRIFICES WHICH MANY PEOPLE CAN'T COMPLY ,,IT'S THAT SIMPLE,,LIKE COPS,,LIKE PILOTS,,LIKE SOLDIERS,,TEACHERS,,DOCTORS,, ETC,,,THERE IS A PRICE TO PAY,,AND YOU DON'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A DRIVER,,SO BE IT,,LEAVE THE COMPANYS OUT OF IT,,IT WAS YOUR CHOICE TO QUIT//GIVE UP,,,

STICK TO WRITING,,MIGHT STARVE TO DEATH,,BUT AT LEAST WE WILL HAVE SOMETHING TO READ FOR A FULL MONTH,,JAJAJA,,,GOOD LUCK!!!

You all know what, now I have had enough - patients gone - and I could care less who finds this "funny" (a "hoot"), "boring", or "too long", and who does not. Moderators can do as they please after this reply. Using a TON of restraint here: 007, go stuff yourself. Some of you are getting too personal again just to push my buttons. So be it, you got it. I am sick of people who simply say I don't have what it takes because they choose to not understand or view things their own way. You say you were a Swift Mentor; you're probably a shareholder or company exec pissed about what I had to say - well tough crap - I told it the way it was and the way it happened. I outlined everything I had been through with Swift. Long as my thread was, it was lucid. My thread was not for you happy veterans who back these companies to start with - people like you take it a step further by ignoring what I have said and turn the facts around. You don't know crap when you say I don't have what it takes - you have no idea. You choose to say I don't have what it takes because it's easier than giving the benefit of the doubt. I did not quit Swift. Re-read my thread moron. Swift terminated my driver code after conveinently waiting until the day I had to leave on a 500 mile trip to get a truck to tell me of things I had to do first which takes up most of the day. Matthew Thompson himself told me that "someone on their end dropped the ball". He admitted the mistake to me on their end, and I was supposed to try to do the impossible to cover them and lose my own money? Further, when my driver code is entered for truck update, my status is known (safety holds or whatever). So this garbage he was trying to feed me was bullshit!!!!!!!! He knew before the day I had to leave on a long trip for a truck assignment of what I had to do, and as far as I am concerned, purposely chose to not tell me. YOU worked for Swift. YOU know trucks have to be seated within 24 hours. I was ready to get the truck. They saw to it that I not make it. It's as "simple as that".

You know what, if a person who does not take bullshit does not have what it takes, then so be it. I am not a chump who take crap from anyone. Especially not for a job that equates to minimum wage. The companies have the money, people like me have the training that makes them money. People who run these companies should try mutual respect. I will NOT kiss up and get along and put on the act of caring for them when it is obvious they don't care.

I know it's not 9 to 5, I was well aware of it long before I decided to drive because of my flying getting so slow. A 9 to 5 job is not what I was looking for. I know sacrifices. And I was well aware of the crap pay in spite of the "$40,000.00 your first year possible" nonsense they hand you. I knew before getting my CDL that as a newbie, I'd have to work max hours (probably even cheating on occasion), and having to drive about 150,000 miles to gross $40,000.00. I was not stupid, and had no delusions of making much more than half that. Also, I have been in the military. And I have been a pilot. Why don't YOU just see the point you made one step further? That point being these mega carriers being saturated with wanna be drivers (who I will admit most do not have what it takes and have more to sacrifice than I did); therefore, given the economy and this government subsidy program, these mega carriers are screwing people over to keep money coming in and making up for some lost freight.

I am being mild here compared to what I was going to say - still - the moderators can do as they please. I am through bullshitting with people who just find it easier to say this person does not have what it takes, or that person does not because they choose to not see the truth or understand. What makes this not for me are the morons like you in the industry. I was fine with the actual performance of the job. Crapheads choose to give drivers more grief than they deserve.

For the record: I had no problems with the training while with Swift. I was satisfied with the time they gave for loads, and I was fine with the terminals and trucks. I was actually looking forward to driving with Swift for my year or so until I had the experience to go elsewhere - my attitude was good about the job when I got off the mentor's truck. My intention to only do a year is what they and other carriers want anyway to keep cheap labor out there. It would have worked out fine for the company and me. They chose to screw me around when it finally came time for me to travel to get a truck that must be seated within 24 hours.

If I would have had you as a mentor, I would have been fired for kicking the crap out of you within a few days of getting on your truck. I wonder that a trainee or two may have done that anyway.

You tell him,LMAO.Driving trk OTR isn't a job it is a lifestyle.I stayout anywhere from a month to 6 weeks,my choice.Trk driving isn't for everybody.Most don't make it thru training to really find out what it's like.
Okay - fine. You want me saying things that will get me banned - so be it. I really don't give a crap anymore. I'll sucker into what you are wanting me to sucker into. So what the f**k, Swift suckered me. I may as well let you and others here do so as well.

Patty, get real and get the F**k out of my face. I've really had enough of your crap, and now I am irritated. Additionally, if you find this response too long - tough. Staying out weeks at a time is nothing to me. Dealing with idiots on the road is nothing to me. The crap pay is nothing to me. You can "LMAO" all you want. What the hell are you anyway, some Betty Big Rigger who is gonna show all guys what you women are made of? Didn't get enough of daddy's attention as a child because he really wanted a son? Had too many guys stomp on women's lib with you? That's the way you seem to me with your posts regarding me in your game of getting even with me because I was not afraid to show my irritation at your B.S. months ago. You do not impress me with your "I deal with this", and "I put up with that" B.S.. You (or anyone else) put up with more B.S. than you really need to, and you are stupid in my book. And a LOSER because you fear driving is all you can do or want to do. I am not a wimp, I have no fear of retaliating. I stand up for myself.

The ONLY things that makes this industry "not for me" are the disfunctional and moron types in it. And turds who think they can treat anyone anyway they wish just because of a title, and not expect any retaliation. And they are the majority. Yes, this industry is not for me because of too many who think they are some sort of hot ****, yet don't have the mentality of some two year olds.

You know what, I am going to tell you that you and a few others here are actually showing me what the majority of drivers and people in the industry are. You and the likes of others like 007 are "teaching" me what most people are in this industry. And when I do drive again just to make good on my CDL, it's everyone for themself out there now. I drive the truck not caring what I see out there, nor care about the company other than a paycheck. I see a truck just flipped over, I drive on. I see distress of other natures, I drive on. I spot soeone tampering with a truck, I ignore it. Because the people involved would probably have the same attitude as what I have seen here from you, 007, and others. Nice work peeps. The only caring on my part will now be for myself, my puny pay, and keeping the motoring public safe. I do my job safe and compliant because I care for myself and my CDL - not the company. You and others taught me well - congratulations.

Okay, now you are getting your way, I will start with responses that will get me banned. I said it a week ago, it's no skin off my nose. I said all I set out to say here, and I can come back if I want to (which I will probably not waste my time on). Threads have been closed here because of things getting too personal, and as far as I am concerned, some here have gotten too personal with me which set me off.

patriciajnsn

Steering Wheel Holder
Oh gees,lmao.Sean don't u ever shut up?Do u think we really gives a rats ass how much we set u off.HELL NO WE DON'T.Trucking isn't for u bud.You can't take the heat.LMAO

Man, you are such a loser. Can't have much of a life, if you're on here at all hours, posting these mega posts. A little time with Werner and Swift, and you're already a expert. If you were in the military, you know there can be more BS there than in trucking. Given you attitude on this forum, it's no wonder Swift got rid of you.

Me, I think you're just a long winded, full of it, troll. Also think this forum isn't moderated, because I think you'd have been gone by now.

Grow up.

patriciajnsn

Steering Wheel Holder
Sean,if u would'nt have been an immature little boy of a jerk from day one then noone would be giving u such a hard time.Noone from day one could say anything to you without u coming back all defensive and such.You make it sound like its all the industries fault.I got news for u buddy boy.You can put the blame on yourself for what has happened because you're about as unreasonable as they get.Nope no advice for ole sean,that's like talken to a wall.I think maybe if u would have had a nice calm talk with werner and swift you would have never gotton fired.But who wants a loud impossible unleasonable jerk driving for them.

Man, you are such a loser. Can't have much of a life, if you're on here at all hours, posting these mega posts. A little time with Werner and Swift, and you're already a expert. If you were in the military, you know there can be more BS there than in trucking. Given you attitude on this forum, it's no wonder Swift got rid of you.

Me, I think you're just a long winded, full of it, troll. Also think this forum isn't moderated, because I think you'd have been gone by now.

Grow up.
You're a loser too as you are just another who draws his own conclusions. I'm not on here all hours moron - think I don't know how to ytpe fast just because I chose trucking for a little while? You're right, I don't have much of a life right now. The industry saw to that. But people like Patty are more pathetic than me as far as always being on here is concerned. She is driving - she must use all her free time to be here to annoy me ROFL. Talk about no life. I know if I were driving, I'd have a lot better things to do with my line 1 time than be here on the forum. And here we go again on why Swift got rid of me. I did not have the attitude until they screwed me over. They obviously had their subsidy money for hiring me. They did not need drivers. They had no trucks. It was time to get rid of me as well as others to keep creating jobs that don't exist. Damn right I am an expert - it's easy to see what has been going on in the industry.

And trust me - the forum IS moderated. Don't be so nieve. And take your "grow up" and stuff it. I see - I'm not grown up when I defend myself against crap.

Friggin right I am an "expert" when it comes to seeing the obvious, and what has been done to me.

patriciajnsn

Steering Wheel Holder
Sean how did u know that?i COME ON HERE JUST TO MAKE YOUR LIFE A LIVING HELL.mY JOB ISN'T COMPLETE UNTILL i KNOW i ROYALLY PISSED U OFF and when you're not on here I just cry.Sean i've been meaning to ask u ,you're such a little boy do u talk to your mommy and daddy with that foul mouth of yours?

This is exactally why I became a "jerk". I keep going over the same crap because YOU keep repeating the same crap. You started by telling me things I knew not to be true. You acted as though I never checked into other companies for work when I did. You seemed to think there were jobs all over the place for me when there was not. You are the one who started out not listening to me.And you kept on with "gotta deal with it or get out". Okay, I get it. In trucking, fleet managers, bosses, mechanics or anyone else in the terminals can treat drivers like crap. Other drivers can treat drivers like crap. But when someone has something to dish out in return and won't take B.S., that person is not cut out for the industry. How pathetic. show obvious disrespect and uncaring twards me, and I don't care in return. That's on the company level. With you, it's always "no wonder why Swift and Werner got rid of you". Read back to the earliest posts. I was civil with you from day one until you kept on with the same innuendos that I have to take un-necessary B.S. and lump it. No self respecting person is going to do this. I was even civil with you when you posted the "schneider is hiring" thing - of course you overlook that just as you forget that I was not a dude with tude in the beginning here. Reading the same crap from veterans who have no idea what it is to come in the industry now got old just as my posts got old to the veterans they were not meant for. And I said it several time to those vets - you see my name, don't bother with my posts if they bore or irritate you. How simple is that? Talking to YOU got to be like talking to a wall. And Werner and Swift had their minds made up, and they had their money for hiring me - being calm would have not changed the outcome. And seeing the using and abusing they were doing to make money from the government deserved no mister nice guy from me.

Okay - for the record for those of you who think I am on here for hours and hours on end: I signed in just before 10:00 PM eastern time, and logging out at 10:20 - will NOT be here until tomorrow LMAO

patriciajnsn

Steering Wheel Holder
I didnt read your long boring post because it puts me to sleep.But ill only say one thing.U became a jerk with your very first reply and therefore WE BECAME JERKS.

Sean how did u know that?i COME ON HERE JUST TO MAKE YOUR LIFE A LIVING HELL.mY JOB ISN'T COMPLETE UNTILL i KNOW i ROYALLY PISSED U OFF and when you're not on here I just cry.Sean i've been meaning to ask u ,you're such a little boy do u talk to your mommy and daddy with that foul mouth of yours?
How pathetic. I am sure the moderators will choose to not see your trying to be irritating and gode me on, or in any way getting personal. Just that I have. Driving a truck is probably well suited for you because you seem to be a reject of society with your immature "little boy" and "mommy and daddy" innuendos to try to get me to go off some more. Get a life and find something better to do when you park your truck. Knowing you, you are probably one of those doing this while you drive just as you probably text while on the road. Bye. It's not 10:25, and I said I was logging out at 10:00. What a bunch of losers.

Rigjockey

Supporter
sean i wasn t even going to get on this but you let these guys break ur balls. they got ur goat and it was so easy in the game that happens all day long.they didn t have these incab programmes when i started u took what ever came ur way alota sh-t u say these veterens r lookin down and dont know what it s like to be a begginer a got to laugh u don t know what it took back then to b a beginner no one would give u a break unless u had exp
they didn t have these programmes. i think there is hope 4 u in his biz it snot a job it s alife style. military is a lifestyle. u may not integrate right away i understand. been there.u gotto roll with the punches,youll get knocked down again we all do DAILY.u r amilitary man u know some make it and some wash out. with all due respect(thnx4your service)not every thimg out here is straight foreward and explained you make your own choice sink or swim no one to tell u what to do at every turn like 007 i was a trainer an i would spell it out you in real terms no bs if u could get behind that i could work with u. if not u go home i don tthink ur a wash out thats amatter of attitude nobody graduates college and b comes ceo right away
everybody has to work thier way up these vets get hired at top companies becouse4 of thier exp/.ongoing training. accident free performance. you can do this ull be great but slow down.ur goin too fast.don t get mad so quik.if you wher to work at swift or schnieder or werner where most ppl start those guys got heart i gotta give it to em they put up with allta sh-t. ppl talk down to them on the cb they take it day after day.im sure in the military they broke u down but then they built u back up, thats what drivers/tthebiz is gonna do. next ur a vet. teaching others what u learned. don t wash out hang in.(i know2 there is errors just read the point)

patriciajnsn

Steering Wheel Holder
How pathetic. I am sure the moderators will choose to not see your trying to be irritating and gode me on, or in any way getting personal. Just that I have. Driving a truck is probably well suited for you because you seem to be a reject of society with your immature "little boy" and "mommy and daddy" innuendos to try to get me to go off some more. Get a life and find something better to do when you park your truck. Knowing you, you are probably one of those doing this while you drive just as you probably text while on the road. Bye. It's not 10:25, and I said I was logging out at 10:00. What a bunch of losers.
I have a life I drive trk.That's something you'll never do.I do not text nor talk on the phone while driving.I don't know if you're aware of this little boy but u r the most hated member on the forum.HMMMMMM I can't imagine why.

sean i wasn t even going to get on this but you let these guys break ur balls. they got ur goat and it was so easy in the game that happens all day long.they didn t have these incab programmes when i started u took what ever came ur way alota sh-t u say these veterens r lookin down and dont know what it s like to be a begginer a got to laugh u don t know what it took back then to b a beginner no one would give u a break unless u had exp
they didn t have these programmes. i think there is hope 4 u in his biz it snot a job it s alife style. military is a lifestyle. u may not integrate right away i understand. been there.u gotto roll with the punches,youll get knocked down again we all do DAILY.u r amilitary man u know some make it and some wash out. with all due respect(thnx4your service)not every thimg out here is straight foreward and explained you make your own choice sink or swim no one to tell u what to do at every turn like 007 i was a trainer an i would spell it out you in real terms no bs if u could get behind that i could work with u. if not u go home i don tthink ur a wash out thats amatter of attitude nobody graduates college and b comes ceo right away
everybody has to work thier way up these vets get hired at top companies becouse4 of thier exp/.ongoing training. accident free performance. you can do this ull be great but slow down.ur goin too fast.don t get mad so quik.if you wher to work at swift or schnieder or werner where most ppl start those guys got heart i gotta give it to em they put up with allta sh-t. ppl talk down to them on the cb they take it day after day.im sure in the military they broke u down but then they built u back up, thats what drivers/tthebiz is gonna do. next ur a vet. teaching others what u learned. don t wash out hang in.(i know2 there is errors just read the point)
To those who complain about long posts, I'm gonna try to break my record here: This will be too long for you, so why complain when it was your choice to read it? As I chose to drive, you choose to read - don't complain. To moderator's who ask for sympathy regarding long posts - okay, you have my sympathy :). Some of my posts are long to reiterate things for the umteenth time that I stand my ground on seeming to be overlooked or forgotten, and to address any whatevers, why's or hows that may be asked if I was not detailed - simple as that. So I'm not only talking to rob1 here. If things I have written in the beginning are not remembered, these same people probably need to see a movie or read a book to remember 10 or 20 percent of it.

Okay, when people go on with their stupid things to say to gode me on, I vindicate by writing what I write. But I am NOT as stressed as I lead on to seem, I am just playing a game. Also, I write the way I do to show my hatred twards stupidity and immaturity. Look at the posts here and elsewhere and tell me it's not like some grammer school kids wanting to **** off the other kid. Look at the post by Patty right after yours with the continued "little boy" innuendos as if I did not read that in her previous post, and you tell me. I have seen this stupid immaturity from the start, and so proved that is what I have been dealing with by writing as I do - I led them along by playing their game. When I started my threads, I wrote facts as they happened to me. This was NOT intended for the veterans, yet there were some who chose to assume certain things that were not true, and tried to make it out that I twisted the facts Now when people write with some thought and have something worth reading, I respond positively - you wrote something worth reading here.

First: What you mention about my being wrong about veterans not knowing what it is to be a beginner today is not so. Just as I can not know what it was to be a beginner X years ago because of the lack of programs then, veterans can't know what it is today because of some of the programs implemented today, and the fact the worst economy since the Great Depression has people trying to come in in droves more so than any other time in history. As far as not being given a shot way back then without experience goes, the same holds true today - even more so now that there are more drivers than the industry needs because of the economy and the fact that carriers who used to hire without experience now require 6 months, 1 year or two years to lessen their insurance. Back when these carriers hired inexperience, the fact was that 9 out of 10 other decent companies required experience. So the same holds true in recent times; MOST would not talk to you unless you had experience, and it's has become even more so over the last couple of years. Being unemployed as long as I have been has given me plenty of time to reserch and verify things I observed while employed with Swift and Werner, and the one thing I further studied and learned more about is the Government subsidy program carriers who hire students get for creating jobs tht don't exist. Basically, the only stipulation on the program is create and fill jobs. Carriers who are losing freight revenue are doing this by any means necessary to make back some of the lost freight revenue. I had blinders on to the world by not reserching things before going into the industry, and veterans who think this is not happening have blinders on to the world. But then, some of these facts were not easily or readily available until you were already in the industry. I am making it easier for new folks to learn of some things before they decide to go for it. Frankly, I could care less how much competition I have or how saturated the industry gets (my driving record speaks for itself), I was simply trying to warn others of what is going on, and I in fact got letters from some who heeded my warning.

Too many people seem to profess to be an expert on people they never met based on what they read - especially here. Know-it-alls like JimF said that given my attitude on this forum, it's no wonder why Swift got rid of me. Here's another one who THINKS they know why I was fired. First of all, give me a bad attitude, I give it back. Bad attitudes run rampant in the industry, and I believe in giving back what I recieve. But JimF has it all wrong regarding my problems with Swift. I went in with a very positive attitude and looked forward to driving for a little while even with all I sacrificed. Students are coming in by the droves with companies like Swift and Werner, and veterans and students are out the back door in droves. I NEVER went to a Werner terminal without seeing terminations for stupid and even fabricated things - I'd see about 10 people going home every day, and it's the driver's word against the company. Guess who loses. Swift had plenty of time to inform me of tasks I did not know about that I had to perform before getting a truck - they had 7 weeks. I checked in with Matthew Thompson (who is a SUPERVISOR) in Ocala daily to be updated on the truck list. He claimed someone on their end "dropped the ball" - he admitted fault on THEIR end. That being the case, they should not have expected me to try to perform the impossible. As for truck list updates, when my driver code was entered, any safety holds on me for tasks to be accomplished to be up to date like the Smith System I had to do, would be right there on the screen. So he B.Sed. me - he waited until the day I had to leave on a 12 hour trip for a truck that Swift mandates must be seated within 24 hours to tell me of tasks I had to do which takes up the day. On top of all this, he knew I was three hours from the nearest terminal. I was not wasting my money going to the terminal just to lose the truck anyway. Matthew Thompson could have told me of the things I had to as late as up to the day before, and I could have had them done. Swift terminated my driver code, but say I V.Qed. because I would not waste my time and money over their blunder. As for Werner, they did what they did on purpose as well (taking 15 total days out of 5 weeks to fix ONE problem, then my stupid DM JD Hodgestradt trying to put the lack of production on me, telling me I was idling when I was not, and constantly pushing up my load times when I ran early to be early and to take care of my needs while enroute as many other drivers regularly do - Werner did everything they could to make th job just about impossible). I did not get a CDL to play games with people. I got a CDL to drive for a little while until my flying picked back up again. 007 is just another defender of companies like Swift by telling me to leave them out and it was my choice to quit/give up. Swift and Werner does everything they can to make people quit or be fired. Swift got their money for hiring me - I served my purpose for them - they had no trucks or jobs. People who tell me it's not the companies don't know what they are talking about. It IS the companies because of a subsidy program not better regulated. I blame the system.

JimF said to me "A little time with Werner and Swift, and you're already a expert.". There are people like Larry on this forum who have never driven who seem to be "experts" on the industry. In truth, in spite of the clashes I had with Larry, I actually believe he DOES know things. The guy is not stupid - I'll give him that. And I do respect him getting an education - I've been through college myself. He may not have the practical experience, but he knows things through speaking to others and reading. I have had plenty of time to become an "expert" regarding how things are done and the way people are being treated. I've had plenty of free time to reserch what I have experienced.

Unlike some others on this forum, I remember just about everything said to me. 2xr said to me a long time ago when I posted my story of what seemed to be lies said to me by a PAM recruiter when I cited inside info I had to the contrary, that they'd probably have me on a "never hire in a million years list", and not talk to me without a "corporate lawyer being present". Given all the B.S. in the industry, I am thinking I should not talk to any company before working for them without MY own lawyer being present.

"Rolling with the punches" and "sacrifice" is one thing. Sacrifice is what I did when I chose to drive, be out weeks at a time and dealing wit morons on the road and other road problems, and deal with low pay. It gets rediculous when you also deal with people in the terminals and shops with moody and cocky attitudes and not expect the same in return. It's no wonder drivers also have that attitude. Frankly, I could care less about the DM, mechanic or boss's moods or problems. When you pass it on to me, you get it back. Rolling with the punches gets a bit much when you already deal with the low pay, long hours and idiots on the road. Drivers have enough issues of their own without dealing with tudes from the other company personnel. As for being military, maybe that's one of the reasons for my impatients with certain things. And I am not some "kid" just coming into the military, trucking, or any other whatevers. Stupid nonsense and B.S. from anyone no longer flies with me. In the end, I just want to drive (be it 1,000 miles a week or 3,000) with ample time to run my loads, do it by the book, and without worrying about who I have to kiss up to or become friends with to make it. I just want to do the job by myself and mind my own business. And I will do it by the book. I'll use the book to benefit myself and ease burden. Trying to squeeze a hundred or two a week more is not worth my working more hours than I should. And it's not worth my getting too tired and taking out a family in a four wheeler, or killing myself. Don't give me a Federal book that tells me what I can do and can not do, then expect me to do the oppisite just because it is not conveinent for the company or the DM. They are not the D.O.T.. As they can take money from me, so too can the D.O.T. if I am found to not run compliant. And worse, the D.O.T. can take away my license. I don't care what the majority do to save on their 70, I do what I know I am legal to do to not work more hours than I technically am. I've had logging arguements on ths forum as well.

I understand what you say about spelling things out in real terms as a trainer. I had a trainer with Swift who did that - no stupid B.S. - just real terms. I was good with that, and did my training. I also had a trainer I was supposed to be assigned to with werner who had too much of a superiority hardass attitude, and I sent him on his way and waited for another.

As far as "washing out" is concerned, I have no intention of doing that until I am told by every carrier I can not work for them. On the other hand, I will not give it too much more time either - every day we get older - that's a law.

As for "going too fast", how slow is slow? This has been ongoing since I graduated C1 almost two years ago now. I don't think I am trying to go too fast where getting into the industry is concerned. It's taking as long for me to get into it as the time I intended to put into it. And this has ruined me far more than just driving.

007 said "there is a price to pay" for this job, as there is a price to apy for being a cop, military, pilots, teachers, doctors and whatever other whatevers he mentioned. Trouble is people who run the industry expect a bigger price than the job is worth.

Fuelwideopen was very right when he said that it takes a special breed to drive a truck, and that it's more a lifestyle than a job. But for company newbies, this lifestyle takes up most of their life if they want to make that claimed "$40,000.00 your first year" which does not even come up to the national income medium. Where money is concerned, I had no delusions. I did the arithmetic, and saw you need to drive near 150,000 miles at 26 cents per mile to GROSS $40,000.00. That's 3,000 miles a week. If you average 50 MPH, that's 60 hours a week working on line 3 (driving) alone. Most newbies coming in do not even do the arithmetic in this regard - I did - I had no delusions of making much more than $25,000.00 the first year. In addition to the long hours, making less than the national income average, and time away, people are supposed to deal with rotten moods and attitudes? I don't think so. It is so true that there are a lot of people coming in who should not because they are desperate for a job. I am not one of them. I do not have the sacrifices some have and have a hard time with (such as the time away from home, wife/husband and kids - I don't have those ties, so I am better suited than most for the job). I have driven the roads far more than most, so I know what the roads are and what it is like to be out. Fuelwideopen was also right saying new opportunities will present themselves when the time is right. I simply got into this at the wrongest of times (during the worst recession since the Great Depresion), and without reserching when I should have. I said it earlier, I know the people in this industry are not for me. The basics of doing the job are not the problem. And the only reason I am still hell bent on doing it is because I now have a CDL bill I should not have (and been suckered to have), and I will NOT pay for it with any other type of job. As I will only make good and pay for the CDL with a job I trained to do (and had a CONTRACT for that was breeched while I was at C1), I intend to follow through with what I started one way or the other if I find a way in somewhere somehow. Fuelwideopen also said that with that class A, I will get a job. Probably true, it's just a question of when and hurry up and wait.

Thing of it is, I am not the only person who feels the way I do about the industry and the people in it. I have had a lot of people reading the forum. And while they say I did hit hard a few times, they also said the child games from others are really annoying. Watch and see the posts after this long one. And my girlfriend has been out with me a few times when I drove for Werner. She has seen the attitudes in the terminals and the attitudes other drivers have. While the changing scenery makes the job interesting, the A-holes in the industry makes it not worth it on top of everything else is the way she puts it, and she's right. And just as she says, all I want to do is drive, mind my own business, and not worry about what friends I need to make or who I need to suck up to. While it's true I am used to making far more working far less hours, I CAN get by on far less than other drivers want out there. And if a company is trying to starve me out after a while because I don't kiss up, that only justifies why I'd be a company jumper. Just show my pay records and show why I am leaving the company.

No sweat on your errors you mention, I got your point. I am not one who thinks everyone here should be writing a composition for English 101 in college. If I were, I'd have said things to others a long time ago. Besides, I make errors myself too.

As for being the "most hated person on this forum" as Patty puts it, I could care less about that. I have gotten across to some people who have written me privately. And it's not always the most popular or most well liked person who gets the job done or the point across.

For the idiots who think I spend "hours" here making out these "mega" posts, I typed all this in about half an hour, so it can certainly be read in 10 minutes. I also did the long post to show the responses I will get yet again from people like Patty who choose to read my posts in spite of the fact they are "too long" and "boring" for them. On my line 1 time, I'd have better things to do than to subject myself to long and boring things someone may say and then play the little kid games of trying to irritate. So some out there truly have less a life than I do in spite of the fact they are working.

Sorry rob1, this was not all for you. And I am not in anyway pissed about your post.

To quote 2xr verbatim:
Actually, the good news is, Sean's post are good for business. As many of you know, when folks come to the intraweb they use search engines, and search engines look for words. Sean uses a lot of words, thus, we get a lot of hits. And, thanks to Sean's pals here, who keep responding to his post, there are even more words for the search engines to find. Good job peeps...".

So here's a LOT more words to help the search engines help the forum, and annoy some peeps here at the same time ROFL LMAO.

Yayyyy, I think I broke my record LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!