Swift Transportation

The meaning of SWIFT

SWIFT is an aronym for Sure Wish I Finished Training. This goes for the people running the company as well as drivers. Actually this goes MORE for those running the company!!!!!!!!

Swift Transportation is currently the largest truckload carrier in the United States, offering various driving opportunites including solo and team OTR position, regional, dedicated, and local driving opportunities. Swift Transportation has been recently named carrier of the year for companies such as Wal Mart, Quaker Oats, Rite Aid, Dollar Tree, Target, Fed Ex, Lowe's, and Ryder Logistics.

Whether you are an experience driver, or looking to begin your career in the trucking industry, Swift Transportation has opportunities for you.

For more information about Swift Transportation, visit their website at Swift Transportation Co.,Inc-America's Leading Trucking Company

-------------
Do you work for this company, or have you worked for it in the past? Give a review here. If you have questions, post them here as well for drivers who are familiar with the company to answer if possible.
to bad they dont pat and they treat the drivers like slaves

ridermark

home town driver
I drove for swift, and didn't enjoy it at all....... I had a dedicated run to Canada. delivering chassis for bluebird to make buses. sometimes I'd get a round trip through Lackawana N.Y. back to south carolina. sometimes I'd sit in Canada a day or 2 before I got to drive. sometimes turn around and go to Windsor Ontario for material goin to Laredo Texas... then sit for days on end. They merged with MS carriers and the bottom fell out. no runs for days, then short runs. no money to make at all. I basically went broke drivin for them. I was on my way to Canada and got a message to drop my load in Shoals. just before they blew up the twin towers. For those wanting a good driving job... DON'T go to swift. And yes Gaffney was a screwed up terminal... as well as Geary In. And the Atlanta terminal. By the way I went through 2 trucks in the 1 year I was with them. both trucks were nasty...

patriciajnsn

Steering Wheel Holder
I drove for swift, and didn't enjoy it at all....... I had a dedicated run to Canada. delivering chassis for bluebird to make buses. sometimes I'd get a round trip through Lackawana N.Y. back to south carolina. sometimes I'd sit in Canada a day or 2 before I got to drive. sometimes turn around and go to Windsor Ontario for material goin to Laredo Texas... then sit for days on end. They merged with MS carriers and the bottom fell out. no runs for days, then short runs. no money to make at all. I basically went broke drivin for them. I was on my way to Canada and got a message to drop my load in Shoals. just before they blew up the twin towers. For those wanting a good driving job... DON'T go to swift. And yes Gaffney was a screwed up terminal... as well as Geary In. And the Atlanta terminal. By the way I went through 2 trucks in the 1 year I was with them. both trucks were nasty...
Only 2 trucks in a year?that's good,this is my 3 trk in 6 months,TOP THAT LMAOOOOOO But I like this company overall so i'm not going to say too much.

FINANCIALLY SOUND AND WILL BE OUT THERE ALONG TIME

iVE BEEN WITH SWIFT SEVERAL YEARS NOW,LIKE ANY COMPANY,YOU HAVE GOOD AND YOU AVE BAD,,IF YOU ARE A HARD WORKING,DOWN TO EARTH GUY,,YOU'LL BE TAKEN CARE OF,,IF YOU LIKE TO COMPLAIN AND WEIN ALL THE TIME FOR ANY LITTLE THING,,YOU WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF ALSO,,I MADE 53K IN 09,,I AM HOME EVERY DAY,,BUT I HAD TO PAY MY DUES OTR BEFORE DRIVING A DAY CAB,,BUT THERE ARE GOOD OPORTUNITIES OUT THERE,,ROOKIES NEED TO UNDERSTAND ONE THING,,THIS IS NOT A 9 TO 5 JOB,,...ON A 1 TO 10..SWIFT IS A STRONG 8...DRIVER007
Swift Transportation is currently the largest truckload carrier in the United States, offering various driving opportunites including solo and team OTR position, regional, dedicated, and local driving opportunities. Swift Transportation has been recently named carrier of the year for companies such as Wal Mart, Quaker Oats, Rite Aid, Dollar Tree, Target, Fed Ex, Lowe's, and Ryder Logistics.

Whether you are an experience driver, or looking to begin your career in the trucking industry, Swift Transportation has opportunities for you.

For more information about Swift Transportation, visit their website at Swift Transportation Co.,Inc-America's Leading Trucking Company

-------------
Do you work for this company, or have you worked for it in the past? Give a review here. If you have questions, post them here as well for drivers who are familiar with the company to answer if possible.

ridermark

home town driver
iVE BEEN WITH SWIFT SEVERAL YEARS NOW,LIKE ANY COMPANY,YOU HAVE GOOD AND YOU AVE BAD,,IF YOU ARE A HARD WORKING,DOWN TO EARTH GUY,,YOU'LL BE TAKEN CARE OF,,IF YOU LIKE TO COMPLAIN AND WEIN ALL THE TIME FOR ANY LITTLE THING,,YOU WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF ALSO,,I MADE 53K IN 09,,I AM HOME EVERY DAY,,BUT I HAD TO PAY MY DUES OTR BEFORE DRIVING A DAY CAB,,BUT THERE ARE GOOD OPORTUNITIES OUT THERE,,ROOKIES NEED TO UNDERSTAND ONE THING,,THIS IS NOT A 9 TO 5 JOB,,...ON A 1 TO 10..SWIFT IS A STRONG 8...DRIVER007
I'm glad to see that you made a dollar, working for this company. As you stated. you've been there for a couple of years. Apparently, you didn't read my post correctly. This screwed up company, wouldn't get me home in time to have my visitation with my daughter.(broken promises) would leave me sittin for days. and generally screwed me, and other drivers around, to the point of wantin to quit. I didn't quit. they let me go. With you bein a day cab driver, and home everyday. You're fortunate. I've been with this company for 3 years now, and am satisfied. Just so you have the knowledge. I've been driving since the Mid 70s, and am not a rookie driver, or a "whiner". (correct spelling) When I drove for them , service to, and for the drivers SUCKED. I'm sure things change with time. Some for the better, and some for the worst. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, and some will value that. And apparently, your caps lock was engagaged during your typing of your post. Enjoy driving for them.

Don't believe the headline that says Swift is "Financially sound and will be out there a long time". Swift is NOT financially sound. Since Jerry Moyes re-acquired Swift, he has been in the hole for over 300 million. Werner (who is one of only two companies in the black as of my last day with them back in May) was working a deal with Swift for financial backing. Werner is (or was) to have a part of Swift until the payback. I'm sure of the story of Swift being in the red and having re-growing pains since Jerry Moyes re-acquired the company, I am not 100% sure of what I heard of Werner (another backstabbing company) working any financial deals with Swift. But yes - Swift and other companies like them will probably be out there a long time the way they use and abuse for money - until the lid gets closed on that anyway.

And it's true that every job has the good with the bad. Trouble is too many companies are going out of their way to dish out the bad these days in the hopes they cause enough people to quit so they can keep taking rookies.

When I trained with Swift, it was bearable. And given I can't stand being in a truck with ANYONE for long periods of time, no doubt the training would have been great for people some here on Truckers Forum consider "real men". But seriously, my training was not too bad. Two trainers though. 3 weeks after I got on the first trainer's (Mentor as Swift likes to call them) truck, I had to get off his truck at the Edwardsville, Ks. Terminal because he lost his training status for log issues. My second trainer: very knowledgeable and professional. Maybe too much an anal-retentive, but he was very into his position as a Mentor. Been all over the country through my training, and probably at least 10 terminals. Greer (near Gaffney) was one of them, and definately a nightmare when I was there. Too many drivers trying to get empties. The home terminal in Phoenix was nice, huge and had everything there or near by. Laredo - LOL. I got to live there for a couple of days during my training. It would have probably been longer if I was not a trainee, and they did not want to pay me to sit there doing nothing. They had a TEAM operation after all. So after a couple of days in Laredo, we deadheaded to San Antonio to get a load going west.

I would have worked for Swift at least the year needed to get some experience - even if I hated it once on my own. But I looked forward to getting out of the trainer's truck and getting on my own. I had a positive outlook for the job. But as is in my long threads, they saw to it that I be eliminated because they really had no trucks. Too many of us who have gripes about how we were treated are dubbed "whiners" and "complainers" because we are not afraid to speak our minds and make an arguement. And we are "whiners" if we will not run as the D.M. sees fit, and we go by the book or use the book to our advantage and safety (not to mention the safety of others on the roads). There's too many Billy and Becky Big Riggers who think the accidents they see will never happen to them.

As is the case with just about every carrier right now, they DO NOT need drivers, the industry is saturated with experienced drivers who are not needed. What they need is the Government subsidy money to stay afloat and make up for some of the lost freight money. And a lot of folks are being ruined, used and screwed over so these carriers who take students can keep profiting from the Government - creating jobs that do not exist. By the time new drivers learn even a few basic "ropes", it's too late. They find a reason to fire you to keep the contracted students coming in. Just recently I read Swift laid off 400+ drivers. So why do they keep bringing in students for orientation and training if they are laying off? The subsidy money is the reason why. A lot of people end up with a ruined work record and DAC report because of the games in the trucking industry today. So I too had a bad experience, and fully believe in yours; that you had nothing to do with them not giving you decent work, and you probably did not deserve any other wrong doings that may have been dumped on you.

But it's easy for the experienced veteran who has been driving for years or decades, and not have to worry about breaking in these days, to not see things from other people's side of the fence. Especially drivers who have been "taken care of". I have said it numorous times on this forum, all companies have to have SOME happy drivers to have ANY drivers at all. There are not many company drivers making 50K + a year with less than 10 years. I saw too many with a lot of different companies *****ing at truck stops because they are not getting 2,000 miles a week and starving. I just went to a couple of truck stops over the last week and talked to drivers with a dozen different carriers who have a lot to ***** about. Company Drivers who claim to making 50+ K a year are among the fortunate few who are being taken care of. But as far as a lot of these folks seem to be concerned, it is the fault of the individual who has had a run of bad luck, and that there was a "reason" the company did this or that. There's no point debating or arguing with these people who have been "taken care of" so well, because those of us who have not been taken care of, have done something to cause that. There will always be some who are taken care of. Especially those who kiss up to management or the D.Ms.. Working hard is not the only thing one must do these days. I think I know what the industry's concept is of what a hard working down to earth guys is. I worked hard, and I had a good attitude when I went in. But I was not a kiss butt. I could have even made due with a few hundred bucks a week if I had to - I had no delusions about any sterling pay before I went into this industry. I knew enough to reserch and do the simple math where money is concerned. I was not interested in brown nosing with any D.M., just to get my loads, have ample time to run them, and be left alone. Even with this job where you are not in the office with a boss in your face all day, these Yo Yos in this industry find a way to be a nuisance via the Qualcomm. And their priority is NOT to get you home when you want or need. This crap these companies try to sell you about looking out for the driver's best interest and family orientated is a lie. All they care about is how they will make money using the driver. And when it came to my running totally by the book to benefit me, I knocked horns with folks here as well.

I have made some bitter enemies here, and had a couple of threads closed by the moderators because things got too heated and personal. Don't fall into the same trap. It's no skin off my nose, and I can always create more threads. And I will as time goes on. I will keep on doing as I have been to put the word out to the few who may read before going into the industry. I wish I had been able to read the same things before I made the mistake of trying this out for a while until my regular work got back in full swing again. If anything made this "not for me" as some put it, it was the un-necessary B.S. and the way the industry USES people to gain money from the Government. And it's that being the reason I need to "find another line of work" as some here say, and nothing else. Too many veterans seem to think they know where newbies are coming from. They seem to think we have this idea or that idea of what the industry is, and so put their thoughts into context with what we say. If I wanted a 9 to 5 job, I knew that trucking would not be it (I know you did not mention the 9 to 5 analogy as I know you did not speak of other things I have pointed out here in this long post).

For most of us, the last year and a half or so has been the WRONG time to get into the industry. The timing was bad, and I took it too much for granted that freight still had to move and the turnover rate was probably the same as it always was. I underestimated the bad times we were already in. But these facts are hidden behind the recruiter's, school's and companies pretty pictures and ads of how great the industry is to get into - even now. It's great for the starter companies who create jobs that don't exist to keep getting the Government subsidy money - that's for sure.

A year and a half ago, I had a good and positive attitude. Their games and this economy ruined that good/positive attitude; and from now on, I trust nothing or anyone where this industry is concerned. If I drive again, I will always be watching my back.

Let's see how much these carriers care when they do the same thing Arrow did. Stranding their drivers out in the middle of nowhere with no jobs.

I hope you will have better luck in the near future driver. As people here have tried to tell me, I'll tell you to keep your chin up.

2xR

******* Derelict *******
Supporter
I have 8+ years experince, with referance, haven't drove in 7 years will they hire me
????
I spoke with one of their 1-800 recruiters when I was attempting to get back into a truck. Even with many "not so current" years of experience, and, a pocket full of credentials, I was told that I'd have to be trained, preferably by taking a refresher course at a school. I told her, "hell no." Even so, the idiots still contact me a couple of times a year to see if I'm still "looking for an opportunity in my area."

right now no,,all or better said ,,most of them have waiting list right now,,first time in a long time they havent had that privledge,,but dont hurt trying,,good luck
I have 8+ years experince, with referance, haven't drove in 7 years will they hire me
????

wrong line of work

no offense my friend but you should be a writer not a truck driver,,,
Don't believe the headline that says Swift is "Financially sound and will be out there a long time". Swift is NOT financially sound. Since Jerry Moyes re-acquired Swift, he has been in the hole for over 300 million. Werner (who is one of only two companies in the black as of my last day with them back in May) was working a deal with Swift for financial backing. Werner is (or was) to have a part of Swift until the payback. I'm sure of the story of Swift being in the red and having re-growing pains since Jerry Moyes re-acquired the company, I am not 100% sure of what I heard of Werner (another backstabbing company) working any financial deals with Swift. But yes - Swift and other companies like them will probably be out there a long time the way they use and abuse for money - until the lid gets closed on that anyway.

And it's true that every job has the good with the bad. Trouble is too many companies are going out of their way to dish out the bad these days in the hopes they cause enough people to quit so they can keep taking rookies.

When I trained with Swift, it was bearable. And given I can't stand being in a truck with ANYONE for long periods of time, no doubt the training would have been great for people some here on Truckers Forum consider "real men". But seriously, my training was not too bad. Two trainers though. 3 weeks after I got on the first trainer's (Mentor as Swift likes to call them) truck, I had to get off his truck at the Edwardsville, Ks. Terminal because he lost his training status for log issues. My second trainer: very knowledgeable and professional. Maybe too much an anal-retentive, but he was very into his position as a Mentor. Been all over the country through my training, and probably at least 10 terminals. Greer (near Gaffney) was one of them, and definately a nightmare when I was there. Too many drivers trying to get empties. The home terminal in Phoenix was nice, huge and had everything there or near by. Laredo - LOL. I got to live there for a couple of days during my training. It would have probably been longer if I was not a trainee, and they did not want to pay me to sit there doing nothing. They had a TEAM operation after all. So after a couple of days in Laredo, we deadheaded to San Antonio to get a load going west.

I would have worked for Swift at least the year needed to get some experience - even if I hated it once on my own. But I looked forward to getting out of the trainer's truck and getting on my own. I had a positive outlook for the job. But as is in my long threads, they saw to it that I be eliminated because they really had no trucks. Too many of us who have gripes about how we were treated are dubbed "whiners" and "complainers" because we are not afraid to speak our minds and make an arguement. And we are "whiners" if we will not run as the D.M. sees fit, and we go by the book or use the book to our advantage and safety (not to mention the safety of others on the roads). There's too many Billy and Becky Big Riggers who think the accidents they see will never happen to them.

As is the case with just about every carrier right now, they DO NOT need drivers, the industry is saturated with experienced drivers who are not needed. What they need is the Government subsidy money to stay afloat and make up for some of the lost freight money. And a lot of folks are being ruined, used and screwed over so these carriers who take students can keep profiting from the Government - creating jobs that do not exist. By the time new drivers learn even a few basic "ropes", it's too late. They find a reason to fire you to keep the contracted students coming in. Just recently I read Swift laid off 400+ drivers. So why do they keep bringing in students for orientation and training if they are laying off? The subsidy money is the reason why. A lot of people end up with a ruined work record and DAC report because of the games in the trucking industry today. So I too had a bad experience, and fully believe in yours; that you had nothing to do with them not giving you decent work, and you probably did not deserve any other wrong doings that may have been dumped on you.

But it's easy for the experienced veteran who has been driving for years or decades, and not have to worry about breaking in these days, to not see things from other people's side of the fence. Especially drivers who have been "taken care of". I have said it numorous times on this forum, all companies have to have SOME happy drivers to have ANY drivers at all. There are not many company drivers making 50K + a year with less than 10 years. I saw too many with a lot of different companies *****ing at truck stops because they are not getting 2,000 miles a week and starving. I just went to a couple of truck stops over the last week and talked to drivers with a dozen different carriers who have a lot to ***** about. Company Drivers who claim to making 50+ K a year are among the fortunate few who are being taken care of. But as far as a lot of these folks seem to be concerned, it is the fault of the individual who has had a run of bad luck, and that there was a "reason" the company did this or that. There's no point debating or arguing with these people who have been "taken care of" so well, because those of us who have not been taken care of, have done something to cause that. There will always be some who are taken care of. Especially those who kiss up to management or the D.Ms.. Working hard is not the only thing one must do these days. I think I know what the industry's concept is of what a hard working down to earth guys is. I worked hard, and I had a good attitude when I went in. But I was not a kiss butt. I could have even made due with a few hundred bucks a week if I had to - I had no delusions about any sterling pay before I went into this industry. I knew enough to reserch and do the simple math where money is concerned. I was not interested in brown nosing with any D.M., just to get my loads, have ample time to run them, and be left alone. Even with this job where you are not in the office with a boss in your face all day, these Yo Yos in this industry find a way to be a nuisance via the Qualcomm. And their priority is NOT to get you home when you want or need. This crap these companies try to sell you about looking out for the driver's best interest and family orientated is a lie. All they care about is how they will make money using the driver. And when it came to my running totally by the book to benefit me, I knocked horns with folks here as well.

I have made some bitter enemies here, and had a couple of threads closed by the moderators because things got too heated and personal. Don't fall into the same trap. It's no skin off my nose, and I can always create more threads. And I will as time goes on. I will keep on doing as I have been to put the word out to the few who may read before going into the industry. I wish I had been able to read the same things before I made the mistake of trying this out for a while until my regular work got back in full swing again. If anything made this "not for me" as some put it, it was the un-necessary B.S. and the way the industry USES people to gain money from the Government. And it's that being the reason I need to "find another line of work" as some here say, and nothing else. Too many veterans seem to think they know where newbies are coming from. They seem to think we have this idea or that idea of what the industry is, and so put their thoughts into context with what we say. If I wanted a 9 to 5 job, I knew that trucking would not be it (I know you did not mention the 9 to 5 analogy as I know you did not speak of other things I have pointed out here in this long post).

For most of us, the last year and a half or so has been the WRONG time to get into the industry. The timing was bad, and I took it too much for granted that freight still had to move and the turnover rate was probably the same as it always was. I underestimated the bad times we were already in. But these facts are hidden behind the recruiter's, school's and companies pretty pictures and ads of how great the industry is to get into - even now. It's great for the starter companies who create jobs that don't exist to keep getting the Government subsidy money - that's for sure.

A year and a half ago, I had a good and positive attitude. Their games and this economy ruined that good/positive attitude; and from now on, I trust nothing or anyone where this industry is concerned. If I drive again, I will always be watching my back.

Let's see how much these carriers care when they do the same thing Arrow did. Stranding their drivers out in the middle of nowhere with no jobs.

I hope you will have better luck in the near future driver. As people here have tried to tell me, I'll tell you to keep your chin up.

yeah all companies will make you take a small training session no matter what,,basically to let you know how they play the game and in addition to cover their ass in case of an future accident and stuff like that,,,you know how it is .......
I spoke with one of their 1-800 recruiters when I was attempting to get back into a truck. Even with many "not so current" years of experience, and, a pocket full of credentials, I was told that I'd have to be trained, preferably by taking a refresher course at a school. I told her, "hell no." Even so, the idiots still contact me a couple of times a year to see if I'm still "looking for an opportunity in my area."

no offense my friend but you should be a writer not a truck driver,,,
The "wrong line of work" opinions and innuendos grind my gears. This is why I chose to not get on with certain others on this forum. I don't prefess to say what is or is not for folks I don't know; therefore, I don't want it done with me. But I will take your post as saying I have a half ounce of intelligence, some working neurons, and can be articulate with words. The line of work is/was for ME to decide. I decided to drive a truck for a while because my normal line of work slowed - just as it has with so many others. I just did not realize it at the time how bad it was, and how many were saturating an already saturated industry - an industry that really does not NEED drivers just now, just money. Well the Government foolishly and without enough regulation gave the means for the money. I did it (driving) well in that I could drive the highways without killing anyone, and I could back the thing on my own. Intelligent people CAN drive. I chose to do so. I got screwed.

Besides, just because I may be good at something else, or know how to do it (writing or whatever), does not mean I can just walk right into it. Not without jumping through the hoops of the "politics" of getting most jobs, and/or "buying" the chance (as I was doing with trucking, and proved myself when I attained my CDL-A and completing my training with BOTH companies who took me long enough to get their subsidy money). I "paid my dues" to get into the industry. The Recession, Greed, Using, and Abuse kept me out. Instead of telling how bad it really is, people are still lured into the industry under false pretenses. But hey, can't tell folks there are not really any jobs in the industry. That would spell doom for the schools, recruiters, and possibly a few trucking companies. Using people like me is what keeps it all afloat.

Thank you for playing Driver. Stay safe out there.

this guy wrote a whole book, in refrenance to the driver that, had a dispatcher that run him hard with impossible schedules, at the bottom of your log, put forced dispatched. And send it to safety.

this guy wrote a whole book, in refrenance to the driver that, had a dispatcher that run him hard with impossible schedules, at the bottom of your log, put forced dispatched. And send it to safety.
The "book" was in the Werner thread. In addition to "venting", "Books" are necessary for finer points to be addressed to avoid questions like "whys", "hows" or "whats". Some folks understand, some don't. Some agree, some don't. Those doing well and taken care of for whatever reason will disagree. Those who have been shafted will agree. It's that simple.

Werner has electronic logging (which sucks). They can minipulate these logs. I read from a driver who had his logs altered by Werner so he could run a little illegal. I can't call him a liar - agree or disagree either way - just give him the benefit of the doubt. That's all anyone can ask on these forums.

In the end, starter (training) companies - just like most other carriers - DO NOT NEED drivers right now. They NEED the money they get for taking students. Freight is down, they have a Government subsidy program they are USING and ABUSING. And a lot of people are being ruined in the process. Capitolism at it's finest - screw over the little guy - the people who ultimately make money for the company. I hope it all comes to a head later when they NEED drivers again, but can't get as many in the past because of distrust (if enough people see what is happening now and choose to not get into the industry later).

I'm not say ing ALL new drivers get the shaft. Just as with experienced veterans, a few new drivers have to be retained and taken care of. If they got rid of ALL new drivers once they have the subsidy money, then it would be too obvious to the Government of what is going on, and a lid would be put on the program a long time ago. When they get rid of a certainn amount, any whatevers for the reason can be made up, and/or drivers be set up for failure. These people know what they are doing. SAFETY will be in cahoots to a small degree when they see they can get away with it. After all, the company goes down, and safety has no job either.

Sorry, I feel justified in my anger and vindictive nature. I am pissed off, and I have every right to be. I have a great driving record. I was a strong student. I drove well on my own in spite of the impossible schedules I often got. I was no where near as clumsy with the truck as some experienced drivers I have seen. After a short time, I backed well. And I entered the industry with a good attitude even though I only intended it to be for a year or two. It matters not what line of work I was in before trucking. I proved I could drive in CDL school, and training with both Swift and Werner. I had no real issues. I could even drive up to 8 hours without stopping for a rest room break (I've done it without a "bottle" in the truck to disgustingly heave out the window somewhere - I drove like that because of the screwed up tight scheduling I was given when it did not have to be). I was given a hard time others were not given. Well at least in the end, I was only terminated for late loads and not safety issues. I see the B.S. I was given by both Swift and Werner as arbitrary given my past record, but soon came to realize the subsidy program, and it was easy enough to figure out that a certain amout of people have to be pushed out the back door to keep the front door open. A fine example is Swift recently laying off over 400 drivers. Why keep bringing on new drivers if a company needs to lay off?!?! Last year, before I got suckered into Werner, I did not get a truck after my training with Swift because they had no trucks and no jobs. They got their money for hiring me, and I got lured into being put down as a V.Q.. The (long) story of how they did it is here with the Swift company threads (though since this forum has been re-structured, I don't know where that is just yet as I have not invested much time here lately - I can always re-post).

Seriously, I am happy for the new drivers who avoided the cracks of stupidity, using and abusing and have been retained. They made it in a bad time to get into this industry. I am happy for the veterans who are taken care of (whether it be because they kiss up to management or dispatch by doing as they really don't have to do, or not). For the (maybe) tenth time: All companies have to make SOME (new and veterans) drivers to have ANY drivers at all.

The "book" was in the Werner thread. In addition to "venting", "Books" are necessary for finer points to be addressed to avoid questions like "whys", "hows" or "whats". Some folks understand, some don't. Some agree, some don't. Those doing well and taken care of for whatever reason will disagree. Those who have been shafted will agree. It's that simple.

Werner has electronic logging (which sucks). They can minipulate these logs. I read from a driver who had his logs altered by Werner so he could run a little illegal. I can't call him a liar - agree or disagree either way - just give him the benefit of the doubt. That's all anyone can ask on these forums.

In the end, starter (training) companies - just like most other carriers - DO NOT NEED drivers right now. They NEED the money they get for taking students. Freight is down, they have a Government subsidy program they are USING and ABUSING. And a lot of people are being ruined in the process. Capitolism at it's finest - screw over the little guy - the people who ultimately make money for the company. I hope it all comes to a head later when they NEED drivers again, but can't get as many in the past because of distrust (if enough people see what is happening now and choose to not get into the industry later).

I'm not say ing ALL new drivers get the shaft. Just as with experienced veterans, a few new drivers have to be retained and taken care of. If they got rid of ALL new drivers once they have the subsidy money, then it would be too obvious to the Government of what is going on, and a lid would be put on the program a long time ago. When they get rid of a certainn amount, any whatevers for the reason can be made up, and/or drivers be set up for failure. These people know what they are doing. SAFETY will be in cahoots to a small degree when they see they can get away with it. After all, the company goes down, and safety has no job either.

Sorry, I feel justified in my anger and vindictive nature. I am pissed off, and I have every right to be. I have a great driving record. I was a strong student. I drove well on my own in spite of the impossible schedules I often got. I was no where near as clumsy with the truck as some experienced drivers I have seen. After a short time, I backed well. And I entered the industry with a good attitude even though I only intended it to be for a year or two. It matters not what line of work I was in before trucking. I proved I could drive in CDL school, and training with both Swift and Werner. I had no real issues. I could even drive up to 8 hours without stopping for a rest room break (I've done it without a "bottle" in the truck to disgustingly heave out the window somewhere - I drove like that because of the screwed up tight scheduling I was given when it did not have to be). I was given a hard time others were not given. Well at least in the end, I was only terminated for late loads and not safety issues. I see the B.S. I was given by both Swift and Werner as arbitrary given my past record, but soon came to realize the subsidy program, and it was easy enough to figure out that a certain amout of people have to be pushed out the back door to keep the front door open. A fine example is Swift recently laying off over 400 drivers. Why keep bringing on new drivers if a company needs to lay off?!?! Last year, before I got suckered into Werner, I did not get a truck after my training with Swift because they had no trucks and no jobs. They got their money for hiring me, and I got lured into being put down as a V.Q.. The (long) story of how they did it is here with the Swift company threads (though since this forum has been re-structured, I don't know where that is just yet as I have not invested much time here lately - I can always re-post).

Seriously, I am happy for the new drivers who avoided the cracks of stupidity, using and abusing and have been retained. They made it in a bad time to get into this industry. I am happy for the veterans who are taken care of (whether it be because they kiss up to management or dispatch by doing as they really don't have to do, or not). For the (maybe) tenth time: All companies have to make SOME (new and veterans) drivers to have ANY drivers at all.
And now it looks as if you are writing a book here, Sean.

I'm just sayin'.

LETS GO BACK TO BASICS,,,,,,YOU AIN'T GOT IT MAN,,YOU AIN'T GOT IT...

IN SHORT,,,EITHER YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES OR YOU DONT,,,SIMPLE AS THAT,,,WHEN I WAS A MENTOR,,I WOULD HAVE STUDENTS OFF MY TRUCK IN THE FIRST 2 OR 3 DAYS,,,WHY??,,BECAUSE I SAY IT LIKE IT IS,,AND THOSE THAT DECIDED TO STICK AROUND HAVE NO REGRET,,,,THESE MEGA CARRIERS ARE LOADED WITH ""OVER-NITE WANNA-BE DRIVERS"",,,BUT LIKE THE ARMED FORCES,,ONLY THE BEST WILL STICK IT OUT AND NOT GIVE UP,,,AGAIN I SAY,,IT'S NOT A 9 TO 5 JOB,,,THIS IS A JOB WITH MANY SACRIFICES WHICH MANY PEOPLE CAN'T COMPLY ,,IT'S THAT SIMPLE,,LIKE COPS,,LIKE PILOTS,,LIKE SOLDIERS,,TEACHERS,,DOCTORS,, ETC,,,THERE IS A PRICE TO PAY,,AND YOU DON'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A DRIVER,,SO BE IT,,LEAVE THE COMPANYS OUT OF IT,,IT WAS YOUR CHOICE TO QUIT//GIVE UP,,,

STICK TO WRITING,,MIGHT STARVE TO DEATH,,BUT AT LEAST WE WILL HAVE SOMETHING TO READ FOR A FULL MONTH,,JAJAJA,,,GOOD LUCK!!!