Sitting in the shade

Lumpy1071

My loads usually take from an hour up to two hours to unload.
Am the only one who tries to position my truck for maximum shade while I'm out there?
I drag my lawn chair up next to the tank, facing my gauges and hose, etc. I'm keeping a close watch and get up every few minutes and actually physically check everything.
Am I really so lazy? Or do I just hate baking in the sun?

Rigjockey

Supporter
That sounds perfectly logical to me. I would get a reclining lawn chair with the cup holder in the arm rest and make the best of the situation.

if I have any down time I park at the side o the building in the shade and because of the building position you get a nice cool breeze blowing through. Sitting behind glass gets pretty hot.

Tazz

Infidel
Supporter
My loads usually take from an hour up to two hours to unload.
Am the only one who tries to position my truck for maximum shade while I'm out there?
I drag my lawn chair up next to the tank, facing my gauges and hose, etc. I'm keeping a close watch and get up every few minutes and actually physically check everything.
Am I really so lazy? Or do I just hate baking in the sun?
When I was doing pneumatic stuff I had one of those 10x10 pop up canopy things. Beat the hell out of standing next to concrete silos with the heat of the truck pumping off a load (stop it now @Blood ) and baking in the sun.