Simple chaos...

Discussion in 'General Trucking Discussion' started by Cargo Commando, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Cargo Commando

Cargo Commando Well-Known Member

I recently applied w/ a local company. I have experience in driving, construction, and heavy equipment operation. I was told that the jobs were filled ( temporary guest visas from Mexico). Should I complain or not?

2. gearjammer

gearjammer jammer Staff Member Supporter

would it do any good to complain?

3. GAnthony

GAnthony Well-Known Member

well if you are female you could complain about them not hiring you under the fair hiring act, (or whatever it is called EEOC???) but if they hired just ONE female, you're toast in that complaint.

i have over 30 years experience and get turned down at times. why? my age, my years of experience? can't be my skin color, i am white, or mayyyyyybe...because i am white, i get turned down??????

reverse discrimination, age discrimination, gender discrimination, skin color discrimination, is all alive and well in America.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

And you know it was Mexican Visas how?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. rigjockey

rigjockey Token Canadian.

Well. you simply walk up to each person and ask them what their legal status is in the country. If they tell you to go **** yourself they are legal:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

I just get sick of folks blaming everyone but themselves for their station in life.

The man is holding them down.

Them damn feriners are taking the jobs.

Them ice holes speak funny.

I would be rich if I got all them tax breaks too.........

There are two types of people in the world. Those that do things, and those that have them done to them. Each person chooses which category they belong too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rigjockey

I make a **** wage and I will tell you why. My company is based halfway between Toronto and the north where cost of living is cheaper and the towns are white.
    They don't have to pay drivers more because the company is chock full of people that do not live in the city and have a lower cost of living and they are old stock white Canadians.
    You can't ***** to me about immigrants driving down wages when you (the *****er) are also driving down wages.
    I knew the wage when I signed on I factored that into my cost of living. So far it works.
    When it stops working I know I can go and earn more anytime I want to change my employer or I can just go from shunter to p&d driver and earn more at the same company.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

I ran into a kid at the store today (The GKids get special cheesy hotdogs from G'Pa) wearing his SONIC uniform. Hat, shirt, lanyard etc etc etc

I was just jerking his chain when I said "You either like Sonic way to damn much, or you work there"

He replied "Yeah I know it is a crappy job....'

"Whoa there son. It is a job, and done correctly is honorable. Never ****ing apologize for laboring"

He told me "Yeah my folks let me use this old car but I want a nicer one, and this is the only thing I could find this summer"

"Good for you. Tell ya what if you are looking for a little extra after that I have some trees need downing and mulched up. I pay $12 an hour cash"

He is coming out tomorrow for a couple hours. Don't really need his help but I will "help" anyone working towards something. It is not charity, he will earn that pay.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. rigjockey

One young kid at the plant was, Probably just having a bad day. But he was saying he was going to look for a new job. I was like are you kidding me? You probably make more than I do. You got full benefits. The company treats you well.
    The one guy that walked off the job last week had a 32 year employee tring to talk him out of it. He said, Think about this for a minute go take a break and clear your head and come back. Don't walk out

The only reason i stick it out shunting at the plant is because, The plant includes us drivers with the extras that the plant guy get and the same amount of respect.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

Fact is, the country is overrun with people who don't belong here, they're all driving down wages and occupying jobs that USED TO BE performed by Americans before they drove down the wages.

It's a very serious problem.

Attitudes like yours are only going to make it worse.

Deport the illegals and end all "guest worker" programs for unskilled labor positions until unemployment is near zero.

If the meat packing plants can't afford to hire Americans and still afford their yachts and private jets, that's their ****ing problem.

11. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

You can end illegal working. And if the country decides to halt immigration they could pass a law. Legal immigration still happens and should. This country is founded on a principal of the American dream and people that come here legally should have every opportunity to peruse it. Just like you have the opportunity. What either of you do with that opportunity is your choice.

If people did not blame immigrants they blame the poor, or the country bumpkins, or those scabs, or (insert an inane excuse for their failure).
    They will always seek an excuse for their failures.

But your motivation is right at the end of your post. What business is it of yours if they have a jet, or yacht? None.

You fear the man with a dollar less, torn between the fact that he may take yours and a guilt you may not have earned it,and you hate the man with a dollar more feeling he took something of yours.

I maintain people are where they are by the choices they make. Blaming others does not change that fact.

12. mndriver

mndriver curmudgeon extraordinare Staff Member Supporter

because too many American's can't be bothered to pick up a broom or a shovel.

My own kids are examples of that. Hell, I can't even get them to cut the grass. I pity what their lives will be like in 2 years.

My oldest is now married. Went camping with them last week. 6 weeks ago I gave her a link on how to tie an eye splice into a rope. They needed to make them before we went camping.

The day we set it up, she had tied 3 of 12 eye splices. In 6 weeks. She was freaking from not knowing how the tent was going to get set-up. I told her to tie an overhand knot. She was clueless.

Her mom had convinced her that dad was evil when we separated 10 years ago. It was 4 years ago we finally started to talk again.

IMG_20170717_100637384.jpg

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017 at 10:13 AM
  13. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

:rolllaugh3:

:coocoo:

Reading your post I was thinking "well that's YOUR fault".. until the last paragraph where you revealed it's your ex's fault.

But still,.. Non lawn mowing kids who don't know how to put up a tent are the parents' fault. ;)

14. mndriver

mndriver curmudgeon extraordinare Staff Member Supporter

some battles aren't worth fighting.

15. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member Staff Member

My three kids did nothing when they became my kids. 7 years later, I do nothing. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  16. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

I still have PTSD from having to mow that jungle of a back yard every week using a 3.5 hp push mower that wasn't even self-propelled. :eek:

;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Keendriver

Keendriver Hates all of you Supporter

How the hell have you not rigged up some sort of robot to do that for you?

18. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

I built what was essentially a very crude and dangerous bush hog for that back yard because my cheap-ass parents would neither buy an adequate mower or dig up the yard and replace the busted sewer lines that made it grow about 2 inches per day even in the summer drought season.

The problem wasn't the lack of power or dull blades, it simply clogged up the grass chute literally every 6 feet.

My dad's solution was "just mow it every day so it doesn't get that high".... Yeah right... I tried it.. What happened was I went through the 2 gallon gas can in 3 days and neither of my lazy parents would take me to refill it and they also wouldn't get me a 5 gallon can so they'd only have to fill it once a week.

I could arc weld when I was ten or 11, with a 110 volt, 50 amp welder a neighbor gave me. Not very well but I could eventually pile up enough metal to get parts to stick together and not break.

With a hacksaw, hand drill and that welder I made a push mower that was nothing but a frame, using the angle-iron from an old bed someone was throwing away. Just a rectangle with two crossmembers to hold the engine, and I used the 3.5 hp engine, wheels and handle from the useless piece of **** I was expected to mow with.

It mowed the jungle without even loading down the engine but I was instantly covered head to toe with grass, and after a few minutes it died because wet grass hit the spark plug and shorted it out. It didn't have a rubber boot.

So I just put a little scrap of plywood under the cylinder and it would stay running.

Damn neighbor (a paramedic) saw me using it and had a **** fit and my dad cut it up with a hacksaw and put the parts back on the worthless factory made mower.

So I refused to mow the back yard until it was like 3 feet high (only took a month).

My mom bought a 6.5 hp mower with side and rear grass chutes when she saw me welding the open frame one back together. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. rigjockey

A Deere John tractor:D