Remote Truck Stops

Discussion in 'Truck Stop Reviews and Discussion' started by arkay, Dec 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arkay

arkay New Member

Hi guys!
    I am doing some research for a new business that will service rest areas. I would love to hear from you about the most remote rest stops and what you guys usually lack the most! Thanks

2. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

More truck parking.

And sinks that f***ing work. Tear out all that motion sensing crap that only works 30% of the time & replace them with foot pedal operated sinks or just put in normal sinks.

BirchBarlow, Mike, arkay and 3 others like this.
  3. Southern Fried

Southern Fried Well-Known Member

And actual soap in the dispensers. Take the chi-chi hand lotion back to the salons where the "I don't know what it is" metro sexuals hang out. Working folks actually get their hands dirty once in awhile.

4. mndriver

mndriver curmudgeon extraordinare Staff Member

Like Montana rest stops?

Don't make them like they were built for a prison. I swear they took old jail hardware and built them.

arkay, rigjockey and Duck like this.
  5. arkay

arkay New Member

I was also wondering about sleeping arrangements...how often do you pay for a room? Why and when?

6. mndriver

mndriver curmudgeon extraordinare Staff Member

I have gotten a room on a couple of occasions.

Truck broke down in Belgrade MT, Ice storm in Alabama, took my daughter with for spring break, special month long project in July 2013.

Adus likes this.
  7. Cargo Commando

Cargo Commando Well-Known Member

Nothing worse than a stainless steel toilet - they scare me...

8. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member Staff Member

Why? You know you don't wash your hands anyway ;)

9. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member Staff Member

If I am doing a 34 hour restart, and can find a nice room, I will stay in one before I stay in the truck usually. If there is nothing but crappy rooms around though, I will just stay in the truck.

Breakdowns, I will settle for whatever room is available.

arkay likes this.
  10. BirchBarlow

BirchBarlow I hate KW 680s

Yeah I never understood that either...

Flying J and some of the TAs got that gritty stuff now with crushed pumice...

Now if they'd just get Real Sinks as @Duck said why it would be smooth sailing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.