Recommend a good freightliner shop

Discussion in 'Truck Repair Shops' started by BirchBarlow, Sep 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BirchBarlow

BirchBarlow I hate KW 680s

Know of a good freightliner shop please share here

I am really satisfied with HANS freightliner in Cleveland ohio I480 EXIT 23 off Broadway

Been there afew times good straightforward people

Once. Had a injector trouble and the final bill ended up being 300 less than original estimate

Smaller shop but good people get ya in and out

Another one I am overall satified with is monroe freightliner in michigan off I 75

Just thought id mention it not a freughtliner shop but also a great shop is Brothers diesel in bethany missouri off. of I 35 real kinda country folks but honest n get the job at a reasonable price

2. johnday

johnday Well-Known Member

Ya, that one in Monroe is good. I lived maybe 5 miles away from there, and that problem child was fixed for good there.

Another one, the dealer in or just outside Walcot. They fixed another problem child I had that USX never had a clue, and other dealers wouldn't listen to me. These guys got the mechanic, the service adviser or whatever, and myself together, at a real table, served me coffee, talked to me like a person, and compared my notes as to what the problems were I was having. They had a shuttle service as well, and just treated me very well. Then, after the problem was fixed, for good, they took me and showed me what the problem was, a simple wire splice that the mechs at USX made for no apparent reason. Ofcourse it was an external splice, and USX just used some butt end connectors and electrical tape. These guys had to trace the problem down, and repaired it with the proper splices, all just overnight. USX and another dealer south of Atlanta had me tied up 3 days at each of them. Ha, the braindead in Atlanta, replaced the clutch and an injector, of course that didn't do anything for me.

3. BirchBarlow

I forgot to mention with brothers diesel I had sensor problems rather than raking me over the coals the parts were in des moines old boy hadda pickup truck told me to buy the gas drive up n get it myself anybody else woulda got their delivery n others charges n fees

Drove up got the stuff they only charged labor good people

When that way if needed ill even go outta my way for a PM or a tire

4. johnday

Just thought I'd mention, that Freightliner dealer in Monroe Michigan is actually Great Lakes WesternStar/Freightliner.

We have a good engine shop up here, Alpena Diesel. I had some problems with my Powerstroke, Navistar 444, they told me a better place to take it, instead of BS me around. I thought that was pretty honest of them.

5. BirchBarlow

Yeah a lot of places are just parts changers till something sticks never really fix the problem just take your cash atleast freightliner dealers have trained mechanics and guareentee the work

6. BirchBarlow

7. johnday

Ya, most of them are nothing but parts changers, I can do that myself, and cheaper. The dealer down south of Atlanta I mentioned, was Peach State Freightliner. I had a USX truck. Intermittently, the thing would just quit, anywhere, any time it felt like it. USX couldn't figure it out, or a couple dealers. No one would listen when I told them I got the "Low voltage" alarm for the computer. USX's fix was for me to disconnect the batts,count to 10, then reconnect. Turns out the only thing that did was reset the computer. Peach figured it was the clutch and an injector. And 2 others, I can't recall the names, at least came out and said they didn't know. If I could remember the names I'd mention them, at least they appeared to be honest to me. What the clutch and an injector had to do with the problem, I've zero clue, I guess in someones twisted logic they were connected,but not in mine. Hell, Peach State couldn't even give me correct directions to them.

Edit; One of the dealers that said they didn't know was Stoops in Medway Ohio. I think it's Medway, at least in the vicinity, and right off I70.

8. johnday

9. 2xR

2xR ******* Derelict ******* Supporter

The best Freightliner shop is the one that's the closest to you when you experience a breakdown.

If it's still operable, then, I get choosy about who does the work. As a rule, I try to stay out of the dealerships. Their "door rates" are entirely too high, and, they take forever and a day to get the job done. I prefer independents who I know by name, and, who don't freak if I walk onto the shop floor.

10. johnday

Yepper, but "Any port in a storm"!! I always say. LOL

11. Ser60-D14

Ser60-D14 Member

Anybody know a good shop around Las Vegas, NV? The Freightliner - Las Vegas has a very bad reputation, friend of mine was there for wheel seals and they hold the truck for a week, trying to convince him to replace many extra parts that have nothing to do with the problem. In the moment the manager suggests that you need to replace this and that, if you don't agree - they stop working on your truck. Finally they charge him $750 for 2 wheel seals with the words: We supposed to charge you $2000 for the job, but you only paying $750.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  12. I work with Redneck Diesel Performance llc in Hutchins, TX. 75141, and we are an old school engine shop that is equipped with some very modern tools and training. Our heart is in rebuilding engines - CAT, Cummins, and Detroit motors are our specialty. Shop rate is $85.00 an hour and we try like hell to get you in and out so you can get back on the road as soon as possible. We are a Bumper to Bumper Class 8 diesel truck shop, and can handle just about anything you throw at us. We offer fleet programs and discounts too. We are a stocking factory dealer for Lipe Clutches, call and find out why so many people are switching to Lipe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.