Recognizing Truck Driving as Skilled Occupation

Mike

Staff member
How about this..

"You're got enough hours to make it up to (insert name of crime infested **** hole) but this other guy doesn't, so we're going to have you two switch trailers & he'll take that gravy load you've already done all the planning for... "
And you say "no". Simple word I learned a long time ago.

Or, real simple to say I am about to shut down because I am sleepy.

"No" is quicker and easier though.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
For the situation you mention, it does. Not to mention, if that situation is occurring, it's not the right place to be working.
E-logs & 5 or 6 emissions trucks breaking down every week, in a fleet of 200...

This ain't no flip-flop steering wheel holder fleet where nobody cares about on-time delivery. They do what they gotta do.

Mike

Staff member
E-logs & 5 or 6 emissions trucks breaking down every week, in a fleet of 200...

This ain't no flip-flop steering wheel holder fleet where nobody cares about on-time delivery. They do what they gotta do.
Seen plenty of your drivers wearing flip flops ;)

And besides, your comment was simply about drivers not having hours, nothing about an unplanned breakdown.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Seen plenty of your drivers wearing flip flops ;)

And besides, your comment was simply about drivers not having hours, nothing about an unplanned breakdown.
Rescue a load from an HOS issue, rescue a load from a breakdown, rescue a load from a retard who fell out of the truck and got hurt,.. whatever.

Mike

Staff member
Rescue a load from an HOS issue, rescue a load from a breakdown, rescue a load from a retard who fell out of the truck and got hurt,.. whatever.
I have a comment for this, but it would be followed by you making some comment about me being a union something or other ;)

25hz

There are companies that pay well relative to other companies, but they don't pay what they should pay in reality
Why don't we get paid for every hour spent at work? Why is it that when we sleep in the truck we shouldn't get paid? Why do we get paid only for fulfilled work but not on wasted time? Workers at the factory or teachers at a school don't get paid for the amount of screwed nails or the amount of children in the class . They get paid for every hour of wasted time on the job. Companies comfortably settle, which they than underpay thousands of dollars every month. It seems like they regard us as fools.

I hope this time my message is understandable and has better grammar because my son helped me.:whip:
They don't pay by the hour because they don't have to pay by the hour. More money for them.

25hz

Maybe this is the beginning? Companies wait until all truckers in Canada will stop work?

BRAMPTON, Ont. — Truckers represented by the Container Trucking Association of Ontario (CTAO) have returned to work, after signing an “unprecedented” deal with the industry, the group announced.

The deal was signed at 6:30 p.m. yesterday, following a nine-day strike.

The CTAO said the new deal “includes a fair percentage increase in rates for the first time in over a decade and is unprecedented in the North American container trucking industry.”

The agreement also addresses wait times at terminals, the group claims.

“Both parties came together in good faith and we thank the CEOs who have signed today, we applaud your leadership, courage and cooperation,” said Patrick Rhodin, CTAO president.
All the different trucking modes need to do this.