Pittsburgh power vs. Pdi

I have a 2000 model 379 set up with a n14 celect plus. I am interested in doing some motor work and was wondering if anyone had any comparisons between Pittsburgh power and Performance Diesel. I have a 435 turned up to 525 with 13 spd and 3:55 rear ends. I want to tow the mail

bigyellowpete

Town Bike
Supporter
I have the same year, model and engine, and run the Pittsburgh Power, along with a bigger turbo, ceramic coated pistons, and open exhaust. I have been running it for 3+ years without problem in a heavy haul application. If you are only looking at hauling 80k gross weights, you already have more than enough power. If you do either upgrade, make sure you put in a high torque clutch as well, or you will be doing it in no time anyway.

I carry avg. Gross weight 100000lbs and pulling a bridge lose about 21 mph. Just looking to cut some of that loss pulling the bridge. And looking for little better take off. I have another pete 2005 with a 475 cat twin turbo 18spd with 3:36 rear ends and he can pull away from me at red light and we are about the same pulling the bridge.

bigyellowpete

Town Bike
Supporter
The Pit Power is probably a better way to go unless your ECM is already *****ed. I talked to my engine guy last night, who installs both systems, and he said the Pit power with the big Holset turbo is the way to go. With the work I have done I am putting over 600 hp to the ground on setting 1 right now. Neither one of your trucks has great gears for pulling hills, but out on the flat spots you are turning lower rpm's and saving the fuel for sure.