People suck!

Discussion in 'Truckers Pet Stop' started by Tazz, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

At least they didn't name him "Pookie"... :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  2. (((ME)))

(((ME))) Well-Known Member

This is a good read to see Rover found a lil play mate....Perfect match for them to grow together!!

3. Injun

Injun Rabid Squaw Staff Member Supporter

Yeh, people suck. This crate was found outside Little Rock by some guys on motorcycles.
    [​IMG]

This is what was inside:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And this is her after some groceries and lots of love:
    [​IMG]

She was left out there, locked inside that crate, vet estimated for a month (no idea how she survived without water) and abandoned to die. She was about eight months old when her new family found her.

Un-****ing-believeable what people do to animals.

• Like Like x 5
  4. ironpony

ironpony Well-Known Member Supporter

Crap like that should be a felony animal abuse charge.

• Like Like x 4
  5. D-man

D-man Well-Known Member

Crap like that should be frigging gut shot

• Like Like x 2
  6. Southern Fried

Southern Fried Well-Known Member

Up home in Canada we had a problem for awhile. "City people" buying/renting a "country home" for the spring/summer/fall and acquiring cats/dogs/etc. Then, as winter approaches moving back to their "no pets" city apartments/condos and abandoning their animals to live or die on their own. Folks, not many "domesticated/pet" animals are capable of surviving in the wild, especially in winter. It's a miserable way to die; alone, cold, hungry. They're easy prey for predators because they don't have the defensive skills. Most of our kits here have shown up starving, hurt and/or sick. None of them will try to "escape" via an open door/window.

Compounding the problem "up there" is the occasional female large breed dog who will take up with a wild local wolf. Their offspring are dangerous to humans. They inherit size and toughness from the wolf but not his natural fear/wariness of humans. They will attack just as often as not.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Keendriver

Keendriver Hates all of you Supporter

I started a thread about how much I hate people, the scumbag that did this goes right to the front of the line.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

Probably fell out of some inbred hick named Cletus's "fo-wee-dry" on his way home from dropping off his child support moonshine at Brandine's hoot 'n' hollar.

When he got home to his 60 year old traila he noticed it was missing & didn't bother looking for it because in his drunken stupor, assumed the dowg was kilt when it falled out.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Keendriver

Keendriver Hates all of you Supporter

Or...some scumbag decided he didn't want the dog anymore and instead of being a man about it, a decent human being, he just threw the animal away like yesterdays leftovers.

So many ******* ways to handle this better than to inflict suffering on a defenseless animal.

For **** sake....if nothing else he coulda "Old Yellered" her and at least the dog would not have suffered.

I DO NOT GET IT.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Daria

Daria Active Member

No excuse. The guy could have dropped off the animal at a shelter and said that he found it outside.

I volunteer at a no kill cat shelter, and have seen how some mistreated animals can become either afraid of people or aggressive. We place around 12-14 cats per month from one pet store. If someone is not in a position to provide long term care for an animal due to their personal situation, acknowledging this and volunteering at a shelter instead is the best for everyone.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Injun

• Like Like x 2
  12. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

Whether anyone will face charges?????????

How about "Authorities are still debating shooting the picks on sight or throwing them in a tar pot"?

• Like Like x 2
  13. fast_kraut

fast_kraut Active Member

I saw hundreds of poor dogs walk arround on rest areas arround the freeways desperate seek their owners :( its so sad and it makes me furious

14. Injun

One of our drivers rescued a truck stop stray. It took him a week to catch the little guy. He'd put food out every day and was finally able to grab the dog and toss him in the truck. He's had him for a few months now, had him neutered and all the vet stuff. He's turned out to be a great little dog.

I saw him about a week after our driver snagged him. There was a line across the front of his neck that was healing from a too tight collar. He's a very young dog, so my guess is somebody put a collar on him when he was a puppy, threw him in the back yard and forgot about him. He had no manners and was not housebroken. He has manners now. And he's housebroken. The driver's little daughter just loves the dog.

I hate seeing strays, too. But I love watching successful rescues play out as well. The little dog our driver rescued has it better than he ever has. He gets good food, he gets his own toys, he gets to be in the house, he gets all kinds of pets and attention and he even gets to sleep on the bed. Life can't get any better for a dog.

• Like Like x 3
  15. fast_kraut

fast_kraut Active Member

I try to do what i can too... i brought 3 dogs to a animal shelter by myself i could not adopt them i already have a dog from them ...but maybe one day i open one by myself. There are a lot of Farms in germany very cheap for sale... i think thats one thing i like more than beeing trucker ^^

• Like Like x 1
  16. Injun

I adopted a cat from a farm outside of Scwaebisch Hall. Brought her back to the US with me.

• Like Like x 2