Off Topic Area - What forums would you like to see?

dave350

All sorts of possibilities here. For a while, I was listening to various books while driving, all available on the app from our local library. Basically, they treat the online version just like a regular book. You get it for x amount of time, and then it is no longer available until you request it again (based on availability).

As I am about to dump Sirius from my truck, probably be going back to this again.
I’m not sure if our local library has that option or not. I’ll have to check. I have a lot problems with there app. It crashes a lot. That’s Carroll County. You just gave me the idea of looking at the apps for surrounding County libraries. A few years ago I discovered how much one can do through the library and I ended up going out and getting library cards for the counties around me as well, all free as long as you’re a Md resident. (The wife thought I was nuts). One County offers free access to Gale Courses which I like to do over the winter. They have all kinds of different classes one can take.

Mike

Staff member
I’m not sure if our local library has that option or not. I’ll have to check. I have a lot problems with there app. It crashes a lot. That’s Carroll County. You just gave me the idea of looking at the apps for surrounding County libraries. A few years ago I discovered how much one can do through the library and I ended up going out and getting library cards for the counties around me as well, all free as long as you’re a Md resident. (The wife thought I was nuts). One County offers free access to Gale Courses which I like to do over the winter. They have all kinds of different classes one can take.
It's a forgotten resource by many.

dave350

Yes you’re absolutely right. People are advocating for free college. Go to the library. Knowledge awaits. Yeah I know it ain’t the same but still.

One day I was in city looking at houses to rehab. Bunch of dudes hangin on the corner up to no good. Library was directly across from them..... empty

Rigjockey

Supporter
Yes you’re absolutely right. People are advocating for free college. Go to the library. Knowledge awaits. Yeah I know it ain’t the same but still.

One day I was in city looking at houses to rehab. Bunch of dudes hangin on the corner up to no good. Library was directly across from them..... empty
Yup! Yous two are right. You can borrow DVD movies rather than buying them, For your on the road entertainment.

Maybe iffin I spend more time at the libarry, I would not say things like yous twos and libarry;)

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Maybe iffin I spend more time at the libarry, I would not say things like yous twos and libarry;)
Not if you're like me. I make it a point to deliberately use poor English around certain people. Especially my sister. Not only is she a borderline commie, she's also a grammar nazi.

My favorite is to say "me and ______" instead of "_______ and I" because it's one of her favorite grammar triggers. :D

Sinister

Smartass Emeritus
Supporter
Mine is the same request I’ve had almost ten years now.

I should have my own forum where only I can post and edit and the rest of you just get to read in amazement and admiration of what I post.

Not sure what the hold up is.

Tazz

Infidel
Supporter

I should have my own forum where only I can post and edit and the rest of you just get to read in amazement and admiration of what I post.

Pretty sure the last time they gave you that you whined no one ever responded, and about Chicago:stirpot:

Rigjockey

Supporter
Not if you're like me. I make it a point to deliberately use poor English around certain people. Especially my sister. Not only is she a borderline commie, she's also a grammar nazi.

My favorite is to say "me and ______" instead of "_______ and I" because it's one of her favorite grammar triggers. :D
No I hear ya brother. I speak hillbilly when I know it will **** people of in the Canada and what not. No o e ever says iffin, Lessin' they are trying, to start feud.:biglaugh::thumbsup::rolllaugh:

gearjammer

jammer
Staff member
Supporter

I am its called content

Duck

Quack
Supporter
No I hear ya brother. I speak hillbilly when I know it will **** people of in the Canada and what not. No o e ever says iffin, Lessin' they are trying, to start feud.:biglaugh::thumbsup::rolllaugh:
It just occurred to me that I haven't heard anyone say "totally rad" since like 1989. :headscratch2:

I hope that idiotic term never comes back into use. :eek-64: