O/P vs. Company

Discussion in 'Swift Transportation' started by Stig, Oct 1, 2016.

Tags:

Owner Operator vs. Company Driver

1. No Way

100.0%
  2. Definitely

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathleen

Kathleen Member

ri
    right....like a Walmart bag under the bunk...still with tags attached...forgot I had em...find six months later when I clean out the truck....ooooo....new panties...lol

dchawk81 and Stig like this.
  2. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

I have so much Walmart stuff in my truck, you would think it's only place I shop ;)

Kathleen likes this.
  3. GAnthony

GAnthony Well-Known Member

so much to say about that......

but, a gentleman never does.....

Kathleen likes this.
  4. Kathleen

Kathleen Member

So you think there is anything we older drivers could teach the newbys? I, personally thing owning a truck is far better than driving for a company...however, I don't think lease/purchase is advisable

Stig likes this.
  5. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Absolutely Kathleen, but the average driver cannot ever buy a truck and maintain it, insurance and all now. It's like going to Las Vegas. The house always wins. I know hard working folks out there who have made it. Bought their truck, ready to retire. But they are far & few between. 30-40 years work and they own an old truck. WOW. It sounds stupid, but I admire them. The best people I ever met

6. dchawk81

dchawk81 Well-Known Member

It's like any business. You gotta be smart when you run it. Business ain't for everybody.

As for being a company driver? What's so bad about it? Being speed limited? Woopty do. You lost your ass. I'm buying a new truck.

7. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

I don't know where some of these imbiciles come from "Laurel & Hardy",, I haven't had a television in 5 years,, but I got a good dog and carry. I sleep good at night

Kathleen likes this.
  8. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

I don't know where your vast knowledge comes front dchawk81. You mos sounds xmilitary. But I doubt it. You sound like a pigeon to me. Either way, don't get into a confrontation with me. Just let it go. Don't pretend to be someone you are not. Stay out of conversations you do not belong. It is not a threat. But there are just places you have not earned. Like your first Black Belt

9. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

What a putz.

10. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

I am going to let this go. I would like intelligent conversation.. Insults and idle threats from a varmint. Yes, that is a rat.. Taz Infidel.. that is what you are, a rodent. A Pest. I wish you would go away,,

11. Kathleen

Kathleen Member

I also sleep good but I have 2 trucker cats that keep me company while out for weeks at a time...

Stig likes this.
  12. Kathleen

Kathleen Member

These lease purchase deals are such a scam...I came into this industry 21 years ago as an owner op...I was married and we ran team....we made excellent money...divorce and bankruptcy popped that bubble...Ive been struggling alone for years...cant seem to get my s**t together

13. Kathleen

Kathleen Member

theres nothing wrong with being a company driver...I don't mind the slow trucks, I just like to watch my money grow from my hard work...I'm not growing anything but gray hair these days...I really matters not oo or company...if you as a driver are affiliated with a trucking company...in my experience, they have their hand in your pocket...They determine your pay...they will use you and steal from you....If you make too much noise...youre fired or asked to leave...

14. dchawk81

I guess I just haven't made too much noise yet.

I'm leaving here for another opportunity. I can come back if it doesn't work out.

Plenty of driving jobs. Some crap, some great, most in between.

Kathleen likes this.
  15. Injun

Injun Rabid Squaw Staff Member

This looks like a long series of threats to me.

I will say this once: Threats will not be tolerated. If you issue one more threat or challenge of the variety quoted above, you will be permanently banned.

GAnthony likes this.
  16. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Sorry about my tirade, I apologize.. I am between a rock and a hard place. I had no right to take it out on anyone else. I would like nothing more than to get back to work,. I will leave it there.

Blood and Kathleen like this.
  17. dchawk81

So then go back to work. Limp wrist hasn't stopped others.

18. Injun

Injun Rabid Squaw Staff Member

I think most of us have been there at least once. In July, I didn't know whether I would be able to get back in a truck at all, much less drive one.

Most here would be happy to be a support group for you because we do understand. But you can't expect that if you come in barrels a'blazing and calling out long-time members as trolls.

Everybody deserves a do-over. If you want, I can lock this thread and you can start a new one in the Introductions area.

GAnthony and Blood like this.
  19. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Yes, good idea. I thought I had signed off it awhile back. My original intent was to share my experience.. What I learned about Owner/Op vs Company. I took some hits and insults. I have worked honestly and hard all my life,,. But the whole point of t

GAnthony and Injun like this.
  20. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Typing on a phone in a Walmart parking lot, sorry,, not my idea of retirement. But let's retire this post.. I simply wanted to share what I have learned. I have been insulted here, and I overeacted. I have made my apologies twice now..

GAnthony likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.