New Search Engine Up And Running, Give it a Try and let us know what you think

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by Mike, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member Staff Member

As many regular forum users know, search has always been a weak point for all forum software. While our previous change was a great improvement over the stock search functions, it was still lacking.

Today, we introduce an entirely new search engine. This new search engine brings you more relevant search results, a better display of the results, and better options for narrowing your search results.

To use the new search feature, simply type what you are searching for in the search window. If you would like to use our old search, which will remain available, simply click on the "more" button before performing your search, which will bring up the search engine we have been using for the past couple years.

Give the new one a try, let us know what you think.

2. rigjockey

rigjockey Token Canadian.

YA, It works! I typed in search into the search box and this came up on the search, :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mike

So far, those that have given this search a try on their forums have had almost all positive results.

We have use of it for 1 year before I start having to pay for it, However, we need as much feedback on it as possible in regards to likes, dislikes, recommendations, and just overall thoughts about it in order to help improve the product.

I wish I would have opted into trying this sooner because I think it is far better than our other options.

4. Mike

This would also be a good time to tell everyone who is using the media gallery to be sure and describe their images well, because this search engine has an image search function as well.

5. Keendriver

Keendriver Hates all of you Supporter

My images are awesome.

Natch........

6. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

Doesn't work. :rolleyes:

Screenshot_2017-07-23-00-36-35.png

:D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

Just searched for two threads I started( Walmart Private Fleet review, Whitey and the Goat) neither came up:(

8. Mike

Did you search from the homepage, or from an individual forum?

9. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

Uhm on this page. I put search all forums.

10. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

OK when I do it from the "home" page they come up.

11. Mike

Any feedback on the way the results show now, as opposed to the old search? Better or worse?

12. gearjammer

gearjammer jammer Staff Member Supporter

better

13. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

Better.

14. Keendriver

Keendriver Hates all of you Supporter

I searched "Radiant Fire Express" and it took me right to your new trucking company's website.......

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2