ne1

TruckersForum has regressed to an Instant Message / Chat Room format. Being skilled at phonics, which most public schools teach instead of spelling, is helpful if you wish to communicate with those who think spelling, puncuation, and sentence structure are a waste of their time. I know, I know... it's hard to type with your thumbs and drive.

ttyl brb cu
I'll second that.

And add that when folks do not capitalize where needed, and use the "run-on" sentence structure without punctuation, it is difficult to understand what they are trying to communicate. And then we wind up misunderstanding what they are intending to convey.

But I try not to let it bother me. And I try not to be a spelling and punctuation Nazi.

cya!

I in no way want to appear as if I am for or against Prime here. But I have met and talked with a couple of their drivers here and there.

And the ones I have talked to have all had the same thing to say.

Prime runs their butts off. One guy I talked with told me he had to run two log books just to keep up with the loads they were giving him and the expectations that they placed on him.

I tell you what, no company is ever going to force me to run illegally.

jamesc

oh i wouldnt run illegally either but dont these companies have you by the balls my understanding on informatuion i have read refuse loads some companies make you sit and wait and if you quit they can jack up your DAC

I have never refused a load at my company, and not because I am afraid to, but because my company knows what loads to give me, and we haul good loads for good customers. (Mostly. Sure, there are going to be times when there is crap loads and crap customers, but the world is not perfect!)

jamesc

when ever i get cdl and start driving i want refuse a load either i like money and rather it go in my pocket than someone elses i have wife and kids to take care of and i know their will be bad weeks along with good ones but thats every job lots of this stuff i read is probly just some whining crybabies you couldnt handle the trucking industry or got fired so they want to complain

boone315

SPACE TRUCKING
TruckersForum has regressed to an Instant Message / Chat Room format. Being skilled at phonics, which most public schools teach instead of spelling, is helpful if you wish to communicate with those who think spelling, puncuation, and sentence structure are a waste of their time. I know, I know... it's hard to type with your thumbs and drive.

ttyl brb cu
All right, I get, those damn young whippersnappers.

boone315

SPACE TRUCKING
I'll second that.

And add that when folks do not capitalize where needed, and use the "run-on" sentence structure without punctuation, it is difficult to understand what they are trying to communicate. And then we wind up misunderstanding what they are intending to convey.

But I try not to let it bother me. And I try not to be a spelling and punctuation Nazi.

cya!
Just because I took english class(grammar for us older folks), doesn't mean I was good at it.

boone315

SPACE TRUCKING
when ever i get cdl and start driving i want refuse a load either i like money and rather it go in my pocket than someone elses i have wife and kids to take care of and i know their will be bad weeks along with good ones but thats every job lots of this stuff i read is probly just some whining crybabies you couldnt handle the trucking industry or got fired so they want to complain
Let your dispatcher know, I hope you'll enjoy living in Manhattan.

Mr. Q

Silent Observer
oh i wouldnt run illegally either but dont these companies have you by the balls my understanding on informatuion i have read refuse loads some companies make you sit and wait and if you quit they can jack up your DAC
The dispatchers at some of these companies enjoy intimidating drivers by threatening their jobs if they aren't willing to perform certain tasks for them. They know that most drivers are desperate and will not stand up for themselves, especially if their job is on the line. Newcomers to the industry probably make up the largest percentage of drivers who complain about "being forced" to do something illegal.

No one can make you run illegal or operate equipment that is not safe for highway use. Some folks are just too scared to say no out of fear I guess. I didn't stand up for myself at my first company, and quit on my own accord. My DAC remained untouched. I stood up for myself at my second company, and ended up quitting. My DAC remained untouched. Yeah, you'll hear this crap about how employers look down on those that have had multiple jobs and such. This is not true if the companies that you've worked for have less than stellar reputations to begin with.

The part about dispatchers playing games with you if you refuse loads holds some truth, but it depends on why the load was refused in the first place. If a driver refuses a load due to having a lack of hours, then there's nothing no one can do about that. If a driver refuses a load because he tends to pick and chooses the areas that he wants to run in, then the dispatch will assign loads to the other drivers first who don't refuse loads.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
At my company, we mostly run midwest and east coast.

In the winter, if they offer a guy a load to Seattle or Portland, and you turn it down because you're afraid of tire chains, you won't be able to get a northwest load in the summer when EVERYONE wants those loads.

I can't remember when the last time I made that trip in nice weather, though. I never turned 'em down in the winter except one time when I had a truck with super-singles.

Mr. Q

Silent Observer
I can't remember when the last time I made that trip in nice weather, though. I never turned 'em down in the winter except one time when I had a truck with super-singles.
You're not turning into a chicken on us, are you?

*Bok bok bok bok bok*

Don't worry. I'm laughing at you now, but I'll probably be singing the same tune this winter. I can have the company replace the supers with duals, but I'm gonna wait for the first snow fall first.

orion

here after i leave prime i will post up all the screenshots of the messages we got on the qc that were intimidating from weekend dispatchers that thought they were talking to a trucking noobs most of them dont work for prime ne more especially after i got done with safety hahahhahah

Duck

Quack
Supporter
here after i leave prime i will post up all the screenshots of the messages we got on the qc that were intimidating from weekend dispatchers that thought they were talking to a trucking noobs most of them dont work for prime ne more especially after i got done with safety hahahhahah
Looking forward to seeing them. I've got a few QC messages I've taken pictures of and saved. But I only saved them because they were funny. Like the time we had an unusual string of "driver brain farts" in one week. One guy screwed up his seal record on a multi-stopper and had 32,000 lbs of pork rejected and returned to shipper. Another guy didn't realize he had one more stop left and he turned off his reefer and melted two pallets of ice cream. And another guy didn't do a tug-test and lost his trailer. And at the end of the message it said "BTW: OUR TRAILERS ARE 13'6" TALL" so I guess that means we also had a little "conflict" with a bridge. I took a photo of that message because it's extremely unusual for these kinds of things to happen to a small fleet, ... and to have all of them happen in one week, to me seemed pretty funny.

Mr. Q

Silent Observer
One professional phone call to any safety department describing the contents of the qualcomm message as well as the illegal things that you were asked to do over the phone usually fixes that. At the larger companies, most of those dispatchers are college kids anyway.

Mr. Q

Silent Observer
Looking forward to seeing them. I've got a few QC messages I've taken pictures of and saved. But I only saved them because they were funny. Like the time we had an unusual string of "driver brain farts" in one week. One guy screwed up his seal record on a multi-stopper and had 32,000 lbs of pork rejected and returned to shipper. Another guy didn't realize he had one more stop left and he turned off his reefer and melted two pallets of ice cream. And another guy didn't do a tug-test and lost his trailer. And at the end of the message it said "BTW: OUR TRAILERS ARE 13'6" TALL" so I guess that means we also had a little "conflict" with a bridge. I took a photo of that message because it's extremely unusual for these kinds of things to happen to a small fleet, ... and to have all of them happen in one week, to me seemed pretty funny.
Your company sounds like they hire ANYONE! :rolllaugh:

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Your company sounds like they hire ANYONE! :rolllaugh:
They DON'T!! That's why it was so damn funny to me. I couldn't believe that string of odd luck they had with driver brain-farts. They require a year's experience and all of the drivers I've met are good intelligent people. It was so uncharacteristic of the company that I couldn't help but laugh when I read it. The bosses must have been pulling their hair out that week. You could tell by the way the fleetwide QC message was written, they were pretty stressed.

Mr. Q

Silent Observer
They DON'T!! That's why it was so damn funny to me. I couldn't believe that string of odd luck they had with driver brain-farts. They require a year's experience and all of the drivers I've met are good intelligent people. It was so uncharacteristic of the company that I couldn't help but laugh when I read it. The bosses must have been pulling their hair out that week. You could tell by the way the fleetwide QC message was written, they were pretty stressed.
We've had some drivers do some questionable things, but nothing too serious. Blowing past a scale house and exceeding the posted speed of toll lanes for instance. Other than that, nothing that serious really occurs.