Mileage pay increase for Canadian Loads

Discussion in 'Anderson Trucking Service' started by terrylamar, Jan 19, 2011.

1. terrylamar

terrylamar Well-Known Member

In a suprise and totally unexpected move today, ATS increased mileage pay $.25 for loaded miles going into Canada. Because I go into Canada, frequently, I am extremely pleased. For example, I have a load tomorrow which loads in Waco, TX and delivers in Surrey, BC, 2205 loaded miles which will net me an extra $551.25.

I may have to accept more Canadian loads now!

2. Sinister

Sinister Smartass Emeritus Supporter

Is the rest of the scale the same as it was when I left or has that changed also?

3. terrylamar

It is the same. I'm hoping for a change soon.

4. romgram

romgram Member

Terry, i live in Austin too ,worked for Landstar till August 2011. Then I had to kiss my old truck good buy , she was not worth fixing. So I called one day to ATS to hear what they have to offer. When I heard their pay scale from 83cpm to 1.25 cpm I hung up . I ran to Regina or Calgary or Edmonton out Of Waco or Houston not less then 3.50 p/m. Sometime 4.50 . And it's not OD loads. Just tarped steel. Landstar pays you 73% on flatbed. So do some calculation .

5. RACEFAN

RACEFAN Space Truckin Supporter

I wouldn't call that a "good buy". LOL

OHHHHH......was that the name of your truck? What are you doin kissing your truck? I sure hope you washed it first. At least it was a she. LOL

6. romgram

romgram Member

Hey I'm a truck driver not a university professor here , can afford to make few spelling mistakes .

Retlow8 likes this.
  7. RACEFAN

RACEFAN Space Truckin Supporter

Just fuggin with ya. No worries.

8. midwestbound

midwestbound Night Owl Supporter

So where do you work now?

9. romgram

romgram Member

Spent 3 months at Lone star transportation , pretty good place for flatbed drivers, but now pulling reefer coast to coast for a friend of mine.almost ready to get another truck , maybe two more months.lone star would be a good place to go as o/o . But I'm not sure if they take me back since a was a company driver.

10. terrylamar

Well, once you added in all accessorial pay, it was quite a bit higher. I was netting $5k per week when I left. I thought about Landstar, but decided to get my own authority.