Might be on the wrong forum

Discussion in 'General Trucking Discussion' started by Ozzy, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Ozzy

Ozzy New Member

I'm sorry, I'm new to this as I am to dispatching. I can't seem to find decent loads... My opinion the load boards are really no help ...these brokers put loads up and don't take them down when they're covered....I'm about to give up.... Any help would be appreciated

2. Injun

Injun Rabid Squaw Staff Member Supporter

Are you a dispatcher or a driver?

3. 8978

8978 ** Commie Express ** Supporter

If your on ITS set your option to only show loads less then 6 hours old. Go on the Landstar load board and set alerts so you get emails the second it's posted.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ozzy

Ozzy New Member

Oh thank you. I will do that...I have to build more relationships with some brokers. I have a few,but 2 I lost.....I couldn't ask for more, because someone else was taking them for less and the other canceled loads on me when I had the drivers on their way....and one of my drivers I lost because I can't seem to find him a good one. That's the breaks huh!!

5. 8978

8978 ** Commie Express ** Supporter

I assure you, brokers could care less about a relationship. They don't care. The only time they care is when you don't deliver on time or screw up then they put you on the crap list.

6. Ozzy

Ozzy New Member

Omg you are so right! I have this one driver to get out of wi to fl. I can find anything but lumber being moved for 1800 and he tells me,"are you kidding, I see loads for 3500. He wants nothing less... He gets one I guess from someone else. I don't know where they are getting these loads. It's crazy and sometimes frustrating

7. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

When a broker tells you the load's been cancelled, it means he found someone to haul it for less.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ozzy

Ozzy New Member

I know, but he said the shipper covered it with customer pick ups... Sucks and he also said he locked me in for them. He never answered my calls and emails for a truck load not covered. Terrible work ethics!!