Mapping Apps that are not Google Maps.

Discussion in 'Trucking Technology' started by Sinister, Jun 17, 2017 at 10:23 AM.

1. Sinister

Sinister Smartass Emeritus Supporter

Anyone know any apps that one can put multiple points into?

2. Keendriver

Keendriver Hates all of you Supporter

Doesn't the Mapquest app do that?

3. mndriver

mndriver curmudgeon extraordinare Staff Member Supporter

Apps I use are google maps, Rand McNally or ProMile Fuel Desk

4. ironpony

ironpony Well-Known Member Supporter

The latest version of Google Maps will do that.

5. Sinister

Sinister Smartass Emeritus Supporter

:grandpa:

Well I can't figure it the hell out.

6. ironpony

1. Enter a destination in the map search bar.

2. Hit the little car button that takes you to the routing function.

3. Hit the drop down menu (3 vertical dots.)

4. Select the "Add Stop" selection...

Y'all can probably take it from here.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Keendriver

Keendriver Hates all of you Supporter

You're talking about a man that got lost in the building of a truck stop.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

Anyone know of an app for hiking?

I'm going to walk this route today to see if I can get my ATV to the campsite on the K3 river.

Green is what I can tell is walkable on Google Earth. Yellow is a shortcut I might be able to take but can't tell til I get there. Orange is total mystery.

ATV route-web.jpg

Total distance via green and orange path is 0.9 miles according to Google Earth's path measuring thing.

I'd like a GPS app that lets me bookmark a specific location (like geocaching) and also log the route I end up walking, a breadcrumb trail.

The reason for the geocache is so if I can get the ATV there, with a trailer, (no mud pits, creeks or big logs in the way) I can haul in camping gear before a raft trip and hide it under a camouflage tarp in the woods a day in advance, then after the camping trip, when I recover from the hangover I can go back and get it.

9. Hammer166

Hammer166 Instigateur №166™

Try AllTrails

10. ironpony

Try a map.

11. ironpony

That's probably why he's lookin' fer help gettin' past th' sidewalk....

:toothpick:

It's th' Alzheimer's man!

:eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

That's for "official" government trails. This is either private property or no-man's-land.

Finding out about local inbred hicks with paranoid schizophrenia is part of the scouting mission.

The perimeter of their habitats is easily identified. There will be "private property" and "no trespassing" signs every 30 feet or less.

The house closest to the boat launch site in the satellite image I posted is possibly one of those habitats, but could just be a regular person who posted those signs to keep people from trying to use his back yard to launch boats, because of that damn State Line Bridge that some government retards decided to remove from it's elevated platforms and leave set only 2 feet above the water. :mad:

Anything larger than a kayak can't pass underneath it, so from that launch you only have access to the Indiana side.

13. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

I just used Google Maps. Barely had a signal there.

Screenshot_2017-06-18-14-15-22.png

It's all swamp land. :mad:

I couldn't get any further south than the blue dot. Photo below was taken at the blue dot.

20170618_141514.jpg

Looks like the ATV would make it through by itself but not gonna risk it pulling a trailer loaded with gear, and no winch.

I would've walked through it but the damn seizure machine kept going off. She had 6 of them. It took 3 times as long to get back to the car as it did to get out there because she kept having seizures and stopping and stumbling around. One time she sat down in the weeds and took off her shoes and socks. :coocoo:

14. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

Oh and there's lots of these everywhere. All of them old and most are blocked by vegetation.

20170618_141027.jpg

15. Hammer166

Hammer166 Instigateur №166™

There's a ramp just west of there on the south bank, maybe a couple miles at most.

upload_2017-6-18_20-39-21.png

• Like Like x 2
  16. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

There are several. But they belong to private organizations.

There are no public access ramps between the state line and the one in Momence.