LOST BROWN DOG "BEN" JULY 6TH at TRUCKS ONLY REST STOP I-287 northbound just south of Morristown NJ

Discussion in 'Truckers Pet Stop' started by Mark Fleming, Jul 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Fleming

Mark Fleming Member

LOST BROWN FIELD SPANIEL "BEN" JULY 6TH at TRUCKS ONLY REST STOP I-287 northbound just south of Morristown NJ. near the Harter Road exit (33) Contact 973-476-8483 (Mark) There is a reward. Can also contact Home Again at 1-888-466-3242 if you prefer.
    Thanks for your help.

2. Southern Fried

Southern Fried Well-Known Member

Good luck finding your buddy.

rigjockey likes this.
  3. patriciajnsn

patriciajnsn Steering Wheel Holder

Sorry you lost your dog.Believe me I know how scarey that can be.Tiny my spaniel broke loose when she seen a rabbit at a rest area.I searched for 3 hrs that night in the below zero weather.Only I was very lucky to see her barking outside of my door wanting in when I got up in the middle of the night,was going to go look some more for her.I thank god her rope was in knots otherwise she could have got wrapped around a tree and froze to death.

4. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

They make GPS collars for dogs. The last I heard there's a monthly service because it uses the cellular networks but it's not that much.

The last time I looked into them, you need to go to some website to find your dog.

Google Shopping results

The one I looked at (like 6 years ago) enabled you to "call" the collar & listen to the sounds around the dog, or talk to the dog, or people who may be near the dog. Or just get it's "20" and go find it.

The price was around $500. The ones on Google Shopping range from 50 bucks or so, on up to 800-900. So there's probably a variety of ways they work now.

I think any truck driver with a dog should have one of these & make sure it's always charged.

5. Southern Fried

Southern Fried Well-Known Member

Dammit,dammit,dammit.... delete this post ASAP..... before management and dispatch hear about this product.

Duck and gearjammer like this.
  6. gearjammer

gearjammer jammer Staff Member Supporter

I can see it now, walk into a truck stop and be able to pick out the company drivers by the collars they are wearing

Duck and Southern Fried like this.
  7. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

I think the dog tracking collars were actually designed using technology developed by Qualcomm for tracking truck drivers.

JunkYardDog5958 likes this.
  8. patriciajnsn

Hush don't give FMCSA any ideas,lol.

9. Mark Fleming

Mark Fleming Member

The reward for helping to find "Ben" is now $4000, if you picked him up or know did over the past two weeks near Morristown NJ or in the vacinity, just let us know and on recovering Ben we will pay the reward no questions asked. Ben could literally be anywhere in the country or Canada by now. Thanks for your help!

10. Mark Fleming

Mark Fleming Member

Truckers...We need your help. If you hear or see a Chocolate Brown Field Spaniel that looks like Ben, please call (973-476-8765) We believe he was picked up near Morristown NJ around July 6th. He could be anywhere in the US at this point. We are offering a$4000 reward for is recovery, no questions asked. Thanks, we will never give up hope...
    Mark and Madeleine Fleming

11. patriciajnsn

Its been close to a month now,did you call the local pound in that area?I hate to even think this but he could have gotten hit.

12. Mark Fleming

Mark Fleming Member

Yes have called and faxed all pounds and vets within 50 miles. Pretty sure someone picked him up because no one has seen him. We have posters up everywhere and are on numerous lost pet sites and networks. Thanks for your support, we hope that the $4000 REWARD will encourage someone to come forward and help secure his return, no questions asked.

13. patriciajnsn

That;s a pretty high reward,hopefully you see results real soon.Make sure to let us know.If you do get him back I would have a few dog tags made up with name number address.

14. Mark Fleming

Mark Fleming Member

Thanks for your support. Ben had a coller with name tag and our info, contact detaile etc., but that could have come off or been taken off. He is also microchipped, which would show his details if he is scanned at any vet or shelter when found.

Attached Files:

patriciajnsn likes this.
  15. patriciajnsn

That's good.Being an animal lover myself I know how important it is to get your dog home and with his family.Please continue to visit your thread and keep us posted.

16. Mark Fleming

Mark Fleming Member

Quick update, Ben is still missing after 30 days. We are tracking down every potential lead. There have been some sightings of a dog that looks like Ben near Lake Mohawk (near Sparta, NJ) over the past few days, we are visiting the area and putting up posters. Will keep providing updates, but in the meantime, keep a look out he could be virtually anywhere by now given the time that has pasted. Thanks.

patriciajnsn likes this.
  17. coachman

coachman Old ass'd trucker Supporter

Good luck hope you recover him

18. Mark Fleming

Mark Fleming Member

Update- Ben, our beloved brown field spaniel is still lost, it has been almost two months since we went missing from near Morristown, NJ. We continue to hope and pray he is safe and will return to us soon. We continue to believe someone probably picked him up and that he may have slipped out of his collar so was not easily identified. He does have an imbedded ID chip that would be scanned at any Vet or dog shelter/pound. If you have any info or leads please call us 973-476-8483
    Thanks for your sup[port and we send our regards to the trucking community.
    Mark and Madeleine

19. patriciajnsn

Mark more then likely someone else has your dog and is giving him the love and kindness as you have.Try calling all the vets in that area.

20. Mark Fleming

Mark Fleming Member

Hope you are right, we have contacted all vets within 200 miles, but think Ben may have been picked up at the 1-287 truck stop and could be virtually anywhere.
    If anyone see's a chocolate brown field spaniel (30 lb, intact male) let us know. Many people don't know field spaniels, they are smaller than an Irish Setter and and have longer hair that chocolate colored Labrador. He is chipped so easily identified with a scanner at any vet, doh pond or shelter. Thanks!!