Looking to start Dispatching Service

Good Evening all

I have been a freight broker for almost 15yrs. From time I wake up, til I go to bed, I am emailing carriers, finding loads, working load boards, taking to shippers. I am great at what I do, but just cant seem to gel with the company I am currently at. Sometimes a good pay check really isn't worth it.

With that said, I am thinking of becoming an Independent Dispatcher. I am used to having to cover 20-30loads a day on my own. I have used several load boards, and know the rates of the lanes out there, and know how to negotiate how to get the best money for the lane. Not only do I have to cover customer lanes, I currently have to get my company trucks back hauls, so I know what the Owner Ops look for.

I am just seeing how many owner ops out there use dispatching services, and if anyone would be interested. If i get a few trucks interested, that would be enough for me to get my EIN, and get things going.

let me know.

Bored Insane

If you are good and know what the drivers (o/o) want, I may be interested. I'm in SW (Arizona) I usually run CA to TX. I don't like OR, UT, CO, but if the money is good I may consider them. If you have good idea of getting me loads both ways, I am interested. I look for brokers that are competent and fast paying/ reliable. I also provide reliable delivery and good communication.

What kind of equipment do you have? I am a broker, but if I get my start up, I'm just a dispatcher, meaning I am looking for drivers with their own MC.

With payment, there are different routes to take. You can submit paperwork and invoice to shipper, or the dispatch service can handle everything from start to finish.

Bored Insane

I'm on my own (my company, my truck & trailer), with a flatbed. I have direct customers as well as brokers that I like to use. I do a lot for TQL because they have loads to places I want to go. I also use local brokers that knows me. I stopped using few brokers because they don't know what they are doing and the payment is longer than 30 days.

I'm looking for brokers that are efficient and knows what I want AND helps me get them.

There is a difference in brokers and dispatchers. Brokers have an MC auth, while dispatchers solely work under their carriers MCs that they dispatch for. Brokers get their own customer and shippers. Dispatchers basically just work load boards and find their drivers loads

I've considered both but leaning towards independent dispatch over broker due to costs and the need to sell and get book of business.

Bored Insane

There is a difference in brokers and dispatchers. Brokers have an MC auth, while dispatchers solely work under their carriers MCs that they dispatch for. Brokers get their own customer and shippers. Dispatchers basically just work load boards and find their drivers loads

I've considered both but leaning towards independent dispatch over broker due to costs and the need to sell and get book of business.
I see... then, I need more of a broker than a dispatch. I see the advantage of having a personal dispatch service only 10% of the time, because I like to go where I want to go (it can change day to day). Only when I can't do that I see the value in dispatch. Otherwise, I need a good broker.