Leasing to Landstar, and Landstar's Load Alert feature

Mike

Staff member
I was looking at information about Landstar, and watched a short video where a "load alert" feature was mentioned. When you set up a "load alert", you will received an automated phone call from landstar when a load shows up on the load board matching the criteria you are looking for.

I would like to hear from some drivers leased to Landstar as to how well this feature works, and for that matter, what it is like overall being leased to Landstar.

I am currently leased to Schneider, and would like to be able to compare the two as I make decisions about future possibilities.

** Commie Express **
Supporter
I know lots and lots of people leased onto Landstar and some have been there over 10 years. The load alert I'm told is not that great. Most of the people I know monitor the load board and call immediately or the load may be gone.

If your leased to Landstar and stay in a handful of lanes you can run your ass off non stop and do very very well.

revelation1911

I set the load alert up for my email a few times. It should have built in delete as most were double and triple postings with low rates.
landstar hasn't had much for me in the past year as I've said before most of their stuff is double or triple brokered.

Tim

U.S.Constitution
Supporter
Landstar does not double/triple broker. If an agent does they are fired. Landstar has it's own freight.
Oh yes they do.
Not all Landstar agents "work" just for Landstar.
I know of one agent that works for both Mercer and Landstar.

** Commie Express **
Supporter
Oh yes they do.
That's true but not the same as double brokered. The rate is the same between the two. They are not taking another brokers load and posting it.

revelation1911

That's true but not the same as double brokered. The rate is the same between the two. They are not taking another brokers load and posting it.
Yes they double broker. Some agents get loads from CHR I know for fact I matched the loads up and one agent admitted it when I laid it out to him. I was told the same lie years ago that landstar don't bouble broker and broker carries are charged only 20% complete BS.
But believe what you like you figure it out like I did.

revelation1911

Oh yes they do.
Don't know of you remember landstar had an agent "purge" a few years ago they got rid of a good many that had their own authority
right now most are just mindless LS drones by proxy. Frr8 was one that got gone, boy they have the worst rates worse than uti.

revelation1911

Landstar does not double/triple broker. If an agent does they are fired. Landstar has it's own freight.
You do know to be a LS agent you must have a minumum of 500,000.00 in business or a great model or they won't talk to you?
So you really think they're going to fire 500,000.00 cause they double broker loads to the unknowing?
Do you believe in santa claus to?

** Commie Express **
Supporter
I'm not sure where your coming up with all this stuff but it's not true, especially the $500,000??? Got some proof? Didn't think so. Anyone can be an agent without bringing any business to the table.

revelation1911

I'm not sure where your coming up with all this stuff but it's not true, especially the $500,000??? Got some proof? Didn't think so. Anyone can be an agent without bringing any business to the table.
I interviewed to be an agent a few years ago before I saw there "real" side and I also said a model if you read my post. Which means if you can blow more smoke than they can you're hired. I told the interviewer if I had a half a million on business why would I want to fool with landstar. And they said I'd have to give up my authority and lease to them. Fat chance I can starve without feeding them.

revelation1911

Wasnt that about the time they sold Landstar Poole to Schneider they had there house cleaning?
Not sure about that? But they also got rid of a good number broker carriers and some lease operators. In my opinion landstar has gone downhill in the last couple years.
I do better per mile hauling less for them, maybe it's just me.

Tazz

Infidel
Supporter
@Mike I have been reading on a BCO board a buddy got me on and the consensus is that there is no consensus......

One guy who runs his own trailer with a lift gate said it does wonders for him. Said it saved him a lot of hassle on looking.

Most of the van guys were unimpressed, though said it did pop decent loads they might have missed.

Unless doing specialty flats( drop double drop, RGN, Stretch etc etc etc) they were kind of like the vans.

The specialty guys already are on the speed dial of agents needing them so most don't use it.

For what it is worth.

revelation1911

Just show me your proof of the $500,000. Come on now, calling you out on this one.
We can call them on confrence call and have an extra witness?
You want to put money where the calling me out is?????? Paypal works for me?
Read the first line or two this is a lS agent and I had an interview.
I have no reason to lie makes me no money and you ain't benifiting me to do so.
Just like I said a 1/2 million in business or a really good lie to tel them that beats their lie.

dumbass.GIF

Tim

U.S.Constitution
Supporter
LMAO they banned LSAgentOZR from the dark side!! Another one of there poster childs shot down in flames.:biglaugh: