Isx fault code3582

Discussion in 'DEF System Discussion' started by mikekirktransport, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Keep getting this code on my 2012 cummins isx anyone have this issue

2. Injun

Injun Rabid Squaw Staff Member Supporter

What's the SPN number?

3. Not sure wha the spn # is can you describe it?

4. I have replaced the def injector and outlet nox sensor but the same code keep coming back

5. [​IMG]

6. I see the spn now4364

7. Spn # 4364

Injun likes this.
  8. Injun

Injun Rabid Squaw Staff Member Supporter

K, I've dealth a lot with the DPF, but not the SCR.

Maybe @r3gulator3 can help on this one.

9. r3gulator3

r3gulator3 Well-Known Member

3582 is a four hour troubleshooting tree where it test everything in your scr system one component at a time. It usually results in the replacement of the catalyst. If your catalyst has never been changed it is probably an obsolete version which will require a harness to delete the amonia sensor (NH3 sensor).

This is a very common problem on Cummins scr catalyst from 2010-2012. If you have had any def system issues it could of washed your brick which will also require replacement. If the def nozzle was leaking or if your a local guy who idles a lot you could also have plugging in you decomposition tube. Caused by crystalized DEF.

I suggest taking it to a reputable shop and have them do the diagnostic for the 3582.

Injun likes this.
  10. This sounds expensive when you say replace the catalyst you mean the front section of the dpf canisters