I just don't know what else to do

Discussion in 'Truckers Health With Dr. Daliah' started by Duck, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

I've just shot a 15 minute video with my phone of @Mrs Duck having a grand mal seizure.

It was the third so far since she was told by a "clinician" working for her neurologist to stop taking a new drug called Fycompa.

This new drug replaced tegretol which she had been on since the onset of epilepsy at the age of 15 which we believe was caused by her stepmother hitting her in the head repeatedly with a cast iron skillet as punishment for confessing to losing her virginity. To me..

Anyway the first was at noon 30 yesterday (Tuesday). I was in another room and heard loud moaning that sounded like someone who had just peered into the depths of Hell, followed by a loud thump.

I went into the room and she was on the floor behind the door, in violent convulsions, eyes wide open staring into space, making snorting sounds but they stopped, convulsions continued and her lips turned blue. I jammed my arm behind her back & lifted her up but her neck was limp and her head tilted back. So I slid my body behind her to hold her torso when I tilted her head up & the snorting sounds resumed x

Just had another one, ambulance on the way gotta go

DrDaliah likes this.
  2. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

Anyway the clinician told her to stop taking Ficompa & then boom, grand mal seizures. So I got her to take the Ficompa at 3am but it didn't help so I called 911.

DrDaliah likes this.
  3. Injun

Injun Rabid Squaw Staff Member

Dang, Ducky...

Thinkin' good thoughts your way.

DrDaliah, Daria, ironpony and 5 others like this.
  4. GAnthony

GAnthony Well-Known Member

geez man, prayers and best of luck to the wife, and you.

5. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

She needs to see her regular Doctor this am. Thoughts man.

6. krelithous

krelithous Prius hater Supporter

Damm duck sending out thought's and prayers your way

BirchBarlow, gearjammer and Duck like this.
  7. Southern Fried

Southern Fried Well-Known Member

Just said a quick one for both of you. Hang in there.

BirchBarlow and Duck like this.
  8. Sinister

Sinister Smartass Emeritus Supporter

Holy crap.

Hopefully the docs figure something out quick.

BirchBarlow, Duck and krelithous like this.
  9. krelithous

how is she now:confused-96:. hopefully they got her stabilized. make sure she get's lots or rest once she get's home

Duck likes this.
  10. Hammer166

Hammer166 Instigateur №166™

Dammit Duck! Prayers for the missus and you.

BirchBarlow and Duck like this.
  11. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

Is Ativan a "controlled substance", meaning a commonly abused medication like oxytocin & pain killers?

Doc seems hesitant to give her an Rx for it.

We need to keep some on hand even if it's just 2 or 3 actual doses because that's all they do at the ER. Except they give it to her with an IV. A nurse said they have it in pills.

Grand mal seizures are creepy.

They begin with a loud horrified sounding moan like something a ghost or a demon would make in a horror movie, then if she's on her feet or sitting upright she falls down and then the convulsions.

There's really nothing I can do except watch & listen for the snorting sounds to stop, indicating she's not breathing & needs rolled onto her side or sat upright.

So I got video of them to show her doctor next time we're in Chicago.

She refuses to watch the videos & says I have to delete Tham after I show them to the neurologist.

I told her I was going to put them on Facebook. ;)

She didn't think it was funny. :rolleyes:

DrDaliah, Inkeper and Blood like this.
  12. krelithous

i wouldn't think it was funny either posting vids of mrs duck on facebook having a seizure. i'm surprized that she didnt shove a rolling pin up your :eek:

Blood likes this.
  13. patriciajnsn

patriciajnsn Steering Wheel Holder

Gee I cant imagine why she didn't think that's funny.I thought it was hilariousNOTTTTTT she needs to kick your ass..Get Well soon Mrs duck.

Blood and krelithous like this.
  14. krelithous

after dealing with people in the medical field. have you tried getting mrs duck on a different medication since she is prob immune to what she is on now:confused-96:. lamotrigine is a good drug iv'e seen people go 10 years without having a seizure:)

15. Injun

Injun Rabid Squaw Staff Member

Ativan is a Schedule IV controlled drug. It is a sedative in the benzodiazepine family (like Valium) that can be habit forming. That's why they only give you a few at a time.

BirchBarlow likes this.
  16. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member Staff Member

What I have said before, get in touch with an NPT and get her diet changed (great chance it will help). All these drugs are merely masking the problem, and that problem is clearly getting worse, not better.

Tazz likes this.
  17. BirchBarlow

BirchBarlow I hate KW 680s

Erased because @Injun had it already 2 posts up

18. ironpony

ironpony Well-Known Member Supporter

That sucks @Duck . Good luck to you and the Missus.

19. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

Today she's had 4 regular "complex partial B" seizures.

Spilled her hazelnut coffee all over the bed twice. Flipped her laptop upside down with the screen open and sat on it. No idea why it didn't break.

20. krelithous

sounds like mrs duck is worse off than some of the people iv'e seen with seizure disorders. you got your hands full hang in there

BirchBarlow likes this.