Hope everyone has a safe Holiday

InTooDeep

I chose to sit out this Memorial day weekend. Thought I'd get home and enjoy it with the family:green-bounce:. As they say "thought long thought wrong". I live in central Ca, got as far as TA in Aurora OR and found out the load I was to pick up at Lowe's DC in Lebanon OR going to Lincoln CA ( just north of Sacto) got changed from Thursday morning PU to Monday. Thank you Lowe's. So instead of spending Memorial weekend at home with the family, I got to spend it here at TA with a couple hundred of my friends:yahoo:. At least I now have a fresh clock and had a few days to R&R. Rant over, hope this finds you all well and enjoying life:shift:.

Last edited:

Duck

Quack
Supporter
I don't know WTF is up with all the 4 wheelers in Illinois today. There's more traffic than usual because of the holiday but just in the first hundred miles there were FIVE cars going like 35 mph. Not together either.. 5 different ****tards spaced miles apart. And only one of them had the common sense to put the flashers on.

Lots of people towing boats and campers. Barely legal lifted 4wd trucks,... As if the word "memorial" means "recreation".

Oh and of course, 100,000 motorcycles per square inch of road surface... Gotta honor our WW2 veterans by putting a tiny little 3 dollar flag on the back of that Japanese motorcycle.....

:usflag:

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
I made it a short week. I got home Thursday.

I spent the holiday out for Easter. NEVER again will I be out for a holiday weekend.

Thank god I only have to worry about myself.

I feel sorry for the company guys that got stuck out of town and the employer is giving you the shaft with no KY even.

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
I'm actually okay with people partying it up, camping, drinking beer and bbq-in'. The veterans this day was dedicated to gave their lives so that people here would have the freedom to party it up, camp, drink beer and bbq. In fact, I'd be willing to bet they wouldn't mind being right here with us partying it up, camping, drinking beer and bbq-in'.

So the best way to remember our fallen is to dedicate an entire weekend to doing the things that make us who we are, the things that, when you mention doing them in a bar in, say, Poland, the locals will instantly know you are an American. THAT is what our warriors fought and died for.

So please. Please. Party it up, camp, drink beer and bbq. It's who we are. All I ask is while you're doing it, take a moment to remember the men and women who died for your right to party it up, camp, drink beer and bbq.

And tip a toast their direction.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
I'm actually okay with people partying it up, camping, drinking beer and bbq-in'. The veterans this day was dedicated to gave their lives so that people here would have the freedom to party it up, camp, drink beer and bbq. In fact, I'd be willing to bet they wouldn't mind being right here with us partying it up, camping, drinking beer and bbq-in'.

So the best way to remember our fallen is to dedicate an entire weekend to doing the things that make us who we are, the things that, when you mention doing them in a bar in, say, Poland, the locals will instantly know you are an American. THAT is what our warriors fought and died for.

So please. Please. Party it up, camp, drink beer and bbq. It's who we are. All I ask is while you're doing it, take a moment to remember the men and women who died for your right to party it up, camp, drink beer and bbq.

And tip a toast their direction.
Add "... and quit driving like a jackass" to that and I'll agree. ;)

InTooDeep

I don't know WTF is up with all the 4 wheelers in Illinois today. There's more traffic than usual because of the holiday but just in the first hundred miles there were FIVE cars going like 35 mph. Not together either.. 5 different ****tards spaced miles apart. And only one of them had the common sense to put the flashers on.

Lots of people towing boats and campers. Barely legal lifted 4wd trucks,... As if the word "memorial" means "recreation".

Oh and of course, 100,000 motorcycles per square inch of road surface... Gotta honor our WW2 veterans by putting a tiny little 3 dollar flag on the back of that Japanese motorcycle.....

:usflag:
That is exactly why I chose to sit the weekend out. It is the first "summer" holiday, everyone is drinking and most don't remember their limits. Just wish the traffic in Seattle Tacoma Portland et all would of cooperated, then I would of been home.