holly #@!!

(((ME)))

oh some rich fella that thinks money makes the world go around.That got more money than good sense. Those are the type you want to stay away from....They will sink you!!!

GAnthony

Supporter

krelithous

Supporter
well first, not even a brainless mega-carrier CEO......

unless they have a billion dollars in self insurance saved up....
well yea!!! i'm sure they will get a fleet discounts and gov subs. i can't justify the payback between the price tag and the max mpg's wich is 13 vs a regular trucks mpg's

Last edited:

Rigjockey

Supporter
I read through the article. Pretty much a prototype where the engineers are given carte blanche ( what ever, I don't speak French:rolleyes:)
Some features could be integrated into the next generation of truck. No one or company is going to pay 2 mill for a truck and Volvo would never produce it.

I admire Volvo for their innovations. I hate Volvo because they pile all this technology in their products and it makes them buggy and expensive to repair and maintain.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Even though SuperTruck isn’t a production vehicle, this kind of innovation doesn’t come without its share of skeptics and Brantley has heard it all before.

“The skirts are too close to the ground.” “An aluminum frame isn’t durable enough.” “That wouldn’t work if you ran it in the Rocky Mountains.” And all the other comments that question the truck’s validity and his team’s trucking street-cred.

And he concedes.

“This truck isn’t for everybody,” he says. “It was built for one reason, and that was to validate the technology, and it’s been extremely successful at that.”
The technology isn't "validated" if it can't pull a grade without slowing down to a walking speed.

11 liters? LMAO.

20 hp is enough to cruise an average sized car along, but it ain't gonna accelerate in a reasonable amount of time and it certainly isn't going to climb any hills unless you gear it like a riding lawnmower.

krelithous

Supporter
I read through the article. Pretty much a prototype where the engineers are given carte blanche ( what ever, I don't speak French:rolleyes:)
Some features could be integrated into the next generation of truck. No one or company is going to pay 2 mill for a truck and Volvo would never produce it.

I admire Volvo for their innovations. I hate Volvo because they pile all this technology in their products and it makes them buggy and expensive to repair and maintain.
you can say that about all of these manufactures today they all put so much eletronic BS in what ever they make that the crap won't last 5 years and most of the time it looks like it's ready for the landfill as soon as it leaves the plant

Tazz

Infidel
Supporter
A lot of technology there that will end up in future trucks. !0 years ago folks were crying disc brakes will never be viable. ALl our new trucks have them and the guys love them.

10 years ago no one was running 1300 rpms cruising at 65. We do it all the time.

Technology is coming folks. Better hold on.

krelithous

Supporter
oh some rich fella that thinks money makes the world go around.That got more money than good sense. Those are the type you want to stay away from....They will sink you!!!
that POS would never pay back:stare1:

i give volvo the patent award for butt ugly on this one:D

krelithous

Supporter
as tazz stated alot of this tech will wind up in future trucks. i really don't see anything special about this truck to make it worth 2 million plus the engine and powertrain