holly #@!!

Discussion in 'Volvo' started by krelithous, May 18, 2017.

1. krelithous

krelithous Prius hater Supporter

Volvo’s SuperTruck is part evolution, part revolution

who in there right mind is gonna go out and blow 2 million on a truck:confused-96::coocoo::coocoo:. i highly doubt it would pay back for itself unless you drove it for 100 years:eek:. and that don't include the engine or the powertrain:eek: jesus christ:eek:

2. (((ME)))

(((ME))) Well-Known Member

oh some rich fella that thinks money makes the world go around.That got more money than good sense. Those are the type you want to stay away from....They will sink you!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. GAnthony

GAnthony Well-Known Member

well first, not even a brainless mega-carrier CEO......

unless they have a billion dollars in self insurance saved up....

• Like Like x 1
  4. krelithous

well yea!!! i'm sure they will get a fleet discounts and gov subs. i can't justify the payback between the price tag and the max mpg's wich is 13 vs a regular trucks mpg's

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  5. rigjockey

rigjockey Token Canadian.

I read through the article. Pretty much a prototype where the engineers are given carte blanche ( what ever, I don't speak French:rolleyes:)
    Some features could be integrated into the next generation of truck. No one or company is going to pay 2 mill for a truck and Volvo would never produce it.

I admire Volvo for their innovations. I hate Volvo because they pile all this technology in their products and it makes them buggy and expensive to repair and maintain.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

The technology isn't "validated" if it can't pull a grade without slowing down to a walking speed.

11 liters? LMAO.

20 hp is enough to cruise an average sized car along, but it ain't gonna accelerate in a reasonable amount of time and it certainly isn't going to climb any hills unless you gear it like a riding lawnmower.

7. krelithous

you can say that about all of these manufactures today they all put so much eletronic BS in what ever they make that the crap won't last 5 years and most of the time it looks like it's ready for the landfill as soon as it leaves the plant

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

A lot of technology there that will end up in future trucks. !0 years ago folks were crying disc brakes will never be viable. ALl our new trucks have them and the guys love them.

10 years ago no one was running 1300 rpms cruising at 65. We do it all the time.

Technology is coming folks. Better hold on.

• Like Like x 2
  9. krelithous

that POS would never pay back:stare1:

i give volvo the patent award for butt ugly on this one:D

• Like Like x 1
  10. krelithous

as tazz stated alot of this tech will wind up in future trucks. i really don't see anything special about this truck to make it worth 2 million plus the engine and powertrain

11. krelithous

i would be investing that 2 million not buying a lawn ornement:rolleyes:

12. (((ME)))

(((ME))) Well-Known Member

2 million only chicken feed to some people....However keep life simple like this it is much better....and a hole lot more fun.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. ironpony

ironpony Well-Known Member Supporter

You could be @GAnthony and buy a warehouse full of ravioli futures!

:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. rigjockey

rigjockey Token Canadian.

Why would @GAnthony buy futures in raviolis? he will only eat the profits:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1