i have questions, going to buy truck
Volvo 2014 500k mile volvo engine,
what do you guys think?

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Buy a Freightliner with a series 60.

Why?

Pull into a Petro in colby KS and ask them to install a cab airbags.

Or exit 263 in Nebraska and ask them to put in a wheel seal and bearings.

There's more Freightliner shops around that can fix you up about anytime you need to vs a Pete, kw, Volvo or Mack.

What's your downtime worth?

Tazz

Infidel
Supporter
When I blew a steer airbag on my Volvo at Big G I had the first one replaced at a Pete dealership( they would not replace both no matter what I said) and the second one the next day at a Petro. Both in Houston.

While TA's are Service Points for Freightliner there are a plethora of Mack/Volvo dealerships and parts out there and would not be a deciding factor in my choice. Maintenance records, oil samples, price and overall condition (good tires, clean under carriage, tight steering etc).

ironpony

Supporter
Volvo 2014 500k mile volvo engine
First, its a recent emissions engine - if the emissions equipment goes south on you, its very expensive to repair. That's assuming that they even have a clue about what the root problem is.

Second, its a Volvo engine. I'd look around for one with a Cummins in it if you must go with a Volvo truck.

Look for reasons to not buy a truck when you're looking. The truck (underneath the paint and shined up tires) needs to recommend itself to you.