Here today, Gone later on today

Discussion in 'Hey Driver, What's Your 20?' started by rigjockey, Nov 23, 2013.

1. rigjockey

rigjockey Token Canadian.

Today I met the driver that parks in our yard pretending he is picking up there, but we all know he is not but we don't care.

He was parked in our empty pool and we worked around him all morning. When he woke up I was backing in a trailer and I blew the horn at Frank the tow motor repair guy that was also in the empty pool and right in the way.
    The trucker gave me the finger:stare1:I jumped out of the truck and walked over and said, I wasn't blowing the horn at you truck driver, I was blowing the horn at him.
    Truck driver became a stuttering bumbling mess.
    I says anyway, If you want to park here go up on the hill and find a hole and nobody will bother you.
    He says well doesn't so and so company own that part?
    I said, no we do.
    He says so nobody will complain?
    Me, Nope! there is only him (I point to my partner) and me here. I don't care if you park up there and he don't give **** if you park up there as long as you are out of the way. Here you are in the way.

He went on about the train waking him up.
    I said well, up on the hill you will be further from the tracks and the trailers will provide some insulation from the noise. Nobody will bother you.

I think that was about the nicest I have ever been to someone that gave me the finger.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Keendriver

Keendriver Hates all of you Supporter

I simply cannot fathom your level of accommodation.
    Suffice it to say, the conversation woulda been different in my yard.

Good on ya Maple Leaf.....

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. rigjockey

I hear ya! Around here the nearest truck stop is full of locals that tie up parking spaces because they as O/Os apparently do not earn enough to actually pay for their own parking:rolleyes:
    The next nearest service plaza is a good 40 miles away to the city.
    Park in our yard.
    Stay out of the way.
    Don't **** in my yard!
    Don't throw your trash in my yard!
    Get a good nights sleep so you have a good attitude in my yard:thumbsup::D

4. dchawk81

dchawk81 Well-Known Member

He's probably not that nice without his bacon. He's like a pre-Snickers Joe Pesci.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. rigjockey

it seems like the term Carpetbagger is making the rounds now on the Canadian politics scene. I have read it here before and never bothered to look up the definition.
    I have now looked up the definition and.........................:rolllaugh:
    So versatile:thumbsup:

car·pet·bag·ger
    ˈkärpətˌbaɡər/
    noun
    derogatory
    plural noun: carpetbaggers
    1. a political candidate who seeks election in an area where they have no local connections.
      • historical
        (in the US) a person from the northern states who went to the South after the Civil War to profit from the Reconstruction.
      • a person perceived as an unscrupulous opportunist.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

They have been the bane south of the border for 150 years.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rigjockey

My partner was ill today so dispatch call me and says there are sending down a driver he should be there soon and he is Deaf.
    I am sorry did you just say he was deaf?
    Yes he is deaf,
    Ok no problem.
    Buddy showed up and I drew him a map of all the buildings that he would be dealing with. Luckily someone was a forward thinker and programmed the callers with the buildings they worked out of.
    I sent out a text to all of the people he would have to deal with, Saying that the driver was hearing impaired and if they needed something they would have to send a text message with what they needed.

In a place that is usually a cluster **** on a good day, He did very well. He is a good driver and a hard worker:thumbsup:

Like I say, There is always a work around for almost every situation:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  8. dchawk81

Say again? I couldn't hear you.

9. dchawk81

*Looks at RJ*

Yup.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Keendriver

11. Keendriver

Dude don't look Canadiackstanian.....

12. dchawk81

That's because he's canadagese.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Blood

Blood Driveler Emeritus Supporter

Where the hell were you last week?

My SIL wants to see all the presidential libraries and my wife went with her this week to see Hyde Park & then made their way up to Buffalo to see FDR's library.
    They went over into the Canada since they were right there.
    Kathy bought the youngest grandsons Canada shirts and I wanted her to have you autograph them but she didn't want to hang around because she said the Canada side is like a carnival.
    She preferred the U.S. side because it was more serene.

Anyway I'll have to mail the shirts for the autograph.
    She also brought some maple syrup.
    When she said she brought all the boys a loonie I thought you hitched a ride back with them!
    :D

Oh...
    and apparently the Canada is pissed off at @Injun because they let Kathy buy the cigar that you've saving for her.
    ;)

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2