Here today, Gone later on today

Discussion in 'Hey Driver, What's Your 20?' started by rigjockey, Nov 23, 2013.

1. rigjockey

rigjockey Token Canadian.

;):rolllaugh:NICE!:thumbsup:

Tazz likes this.
  2. dchawk81

dchawk81 Well-Known Member

I made a coffee maker out of two KFC meal buckets, one on top of the other. It used a standard filter.

Injun and rigjockey like this.
  3. dchawk81

I love those. They have this arm that comes out and hits your face with the carafe.

rigjockey and Tazz like this.
  4. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

Yeah I just meant one that brews on a timer. The smell of good coffee always wakes me up. Not that brown water most consider coffee, good coffee is strong enough to have caffeine in the steam coming out of the carafe.

dchawk81 likes this.
  5. dchawk81

That's what I have. Except that whole over-brewed thing.

I like something between brown water and that direct injection you like.

6. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

I would not advise injecting my coffee.
    [​IMG]

Injun, Inkeper and dchawk81 like this.
  7. rigjockey

If some of you remember we where recently bough out, so new company.
    Well, the one good dispatcher retired and several others have been fired, so whole new dispatch crew.
    We like to keep the company out of the loop and handle things amongst ourselves.

I think it is working out excellently! I am not sure these people knew that we existed. I am pretty sure they do not even know where we are or what we do.
    I think they are mutually happy with this arrangement, They don't bother us and we don't bother them:D.

Today they called me about something and our call got disconnected, They called back and buddy says please don't hang up I need to talk to you:biglaugh:I am thinking, Buddy I didn't hang up on you but if you want to think that I am so indifferent, Then I fully support your assumption.

We should be called the rude crew because we don't give damn about head office or anyone inside it.:D

dchawk81 and Tazz like this.
  8. dchawk81

Nobody knows where you are or what you do.

rigjockey likes this.
  9. rigjockey

Nope but we are still getting paid direct deposit.

dchawk81 and Inkeper like this.
  10. Inkeper

Inkeper Well-Known Member

Correct bank info is most important for good work environment.

rigjockey, Injun and dchawk81 like this.
  11. rigjockey

I was off yesterday, Today I came in and all the pre-set radio stations were changed.
    Yeah, I would have done the same thing because radio face-off is real yo!

We have the fifth wheel set to the very back, The switch is zip tied off so no one can move it.
    Buddy cut the zip tie and flipped the switch. Well, that did not work out well for IT because the air line for the slide is not there.
    So today I came in and asked my shunting partner who was driving the truck? He says some FNG, Never seen him before.
    I asked is buddy a 12 year old girl?
    LOL, Why would you ask that?
    Because all the pre sets are changed to twelve year old girl stations!:biglaugh:
    This truck only plays 2 kinds of music, Rock and roll!

AK7, Inkeper and Tazz like this.
  12. rigjockey

4/20 today.
    I had no idea how many peaceful pot smokers were big fans of Hitler.
    They all showed up in every major city to smoke a spliff for Hitlers Birthday:coocoo:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    Injun and Tazz like this.
  13. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

Every week on this program I come in to a spinner knob on the wheel. I take it off and put it in the over head.

One of the managers today said that one of our guys said someone keeps steeling the spinners out of our trucks (we rotate between 3)

I asked did he look in the over head that is where I put the last 4 I took off.

Now the guy is all pissy because I do not put them back on. Oh well he will get over it. In revenge he folded up the rugs I put in the trucks and placed them in the side box.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  14. rigjockey

:rolllaugh3:Outstanding!:thumbsup:

Tazz likes this.
  15. Injun

Injun Rabid Squaw Staff Member Supporter

I removed one from a truck I was driving because I almost broke my wrist on the stupid thing.

Might remind your manager that some states (like Washington, although I know you never come out here) have specific laws against steering wheel obstructions. These obstructions include spinners. The only way you can legally have a spinner in a truck that travels on public roads in Washington is if you have a written requirement to have one from a medical examiner.

Manager might want to check the laws in the states that truck goes into.

Tazz likes this.
  16. gearjammer

gearjammer jammer Staff Member Supporter

put the spinner on the inside of the steering wheel it is out of the way and works just as good

17. rigjockey

A buddy of mine had on that was collapsable so it was out of the way when not using it.

I used to have a spinner on a few of the trucks i drove but I found it was busting my wrists more than it was worth.

Injun likes this.
  18. rigjockey

Russian guy shows up to shipping with a sprinter van and tells the shipping Supervisor to hand bomb 2 skids into his van about 200+ plus pieces.
    Shipping supervisor tells him to call his company and tell them to send a real truck:biglaugh:

schneider driver ties up the yard for an hour trying to back into the dock. Schneider later sends two day cabs for the next loads:biglaugh:

Local company has been having some good luck getting loaded in the morning. Trying to be smart they send 4 truck all at the same time. Unfortunately there is one guy that loads their trucks and he only loads out of one door:biglaugh:

A slow day for R.J so he has time to sip tea and look on at this cluster **** and smile. Tea always makes me smile:D

AK7, Blood and r3gulator3 like this.
  19. r3gulator3

r3gulator3 Well-Known Member

Because the Charlie Foxtrot in front of you doesn't? Hahaha tea that makes you smile huh? Do you buy that in Vancouver, Colorado, or Washington?

rigjockey and Blood like this.
  20. rigjockey

Yeah you are right Charlie Foxtrot makes me smile. I get my Tea from the Tim Hortons. They have a Tim Hortons every 20' from here to Vancouver, BC. We can't build a proper road but we can install Timmies alongside the road:oops:

AK7 and r3gulator3 like this.