Hell on Earth!

rigjockey

Token Canadian.
This week I did laser therapy to quit smoking. I have to admit that 90% of it is in your mind.
I have never been through anything like this in my life. The withdrawals were intense!
I did this therapy because I was told there would be no withdrawals.
I was puking, I got the ****s. I had zero ability to focus, I hit 2 snow banks with my car.
Depression, Sever depression!

I lasted 5 days. 5 of the worst days of my life. I would have thought that after 5 days one would have been over the hump and smooth sailing thereafter. Not so.

Today I broke down and bought a pack and a lighter and an ashtray.

I am defeated but I am happy! I can kind of enter back into the world of people and deal with them.

It will be a long time before i try to quit again.
Smokers are an odd bunch. As happy as they are to see you quit, They are just as happy when you fail:(

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
I quit on Mar 27, 2004. The army was kind enough to give all deployed soldiers zyban. Man that **** will mess you up.

have an occasional cigar with friends around the camp fire. About it now. Drink more rum than anything.

The physical addiction is over after 72 hours.

The mental games are the hard part.

rigjockey

Token Canadian.
I quit on Mar 27, 2004. The army was kind enough to give all deployed soldiers zyban. Man that **** will mess you up.

have an occasional cigar with friends around the camp fire. About it now. Drink more rum than anything.

The physical addiction is over after 72 hours.

The mental games are the hard part.
I have been down the medication route as well. The problem is it inhibits the receptors to good feelings from smoking but does nothing for the withdrawals.

Yes, The first 3 days were the absolute worst, But you captured that perfectly, The mind games are unreal.

Tazz

Infidel
Supporter
I still say if you want to quit you will. It is the halfway of "I am going to try".....don't bother you do not want to quit.

To be clear whatever makes you happy I am cool with. But I do not understand "trying" anything. Do or do not period.

rigjockey

Token Canadian.
I still say if you want to quit you will. It is the halfway of "I am going to try".....don't bother you do not want to quit.

To be clear whatever makes you happy I am cool with. But I do not understand "trying" anything. Do or do not period.
I agree. I did my best.
IMO the laser is probably bunk, but I put in my willpower for the 5 days. That was really good for me being as I could never go 20 mins without a smoke.
I gave in and I don't feel bad or guilty. I did my best that I could do at this time.:dunno:

Tazz

Infidel
Supporter
I would counter it is the conflict in what you want and what you think others want causing the problem.

If or when you decide you are quiting you will. Not because a Dr says it is healthier, or because of money, or (insert any of a million reasons).

When you say to yourself, where no one else can hear the voice, I quit. You will.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Oh and immediately before the park, I went past a trailer park.

All single-wides.

Just out of curiosity I looked at all of their furnace pipes and every single one of them had steam coming out.

I know it's SuperUltraMegaFreakinCold but geez,... if ALL of them, or at least all of the 15-20 mobile homes I could see from the road had their furnaces running, it's safe to say they're all running almost continuously.

That's gotta be expensive.

Hey @Southern Fried how much insulation do those things actually have?

rigjockey

Token Canadian.
Oh and immediately before the park, I went past a trailer park.

All single-wides.

Just out of curiosity I looked at all of their furnace pipes and every single one of them had steam coming out.

I know it's SuperUltraMegaFreakinCold but geez,... if ALL of them, or at least all of the 15-20 mobile homes I could see from the road had their furnaces running, it's safe to say they're all running almost continuously.

That's gotta be expensive.

Hey @Southern Fried how much insulation do those things actually have?
This begs the question, What are you smoking:D:biglaugh: