Heart attack risk jumps over Christmas time

Discussion in 'Truckers Health With Dr. Daliah' started by DrDaliah, Dec 21, 2016.

1. DrDaliah

DrDaliah Well-Known Member Supporter

Tazz and AK7 like this.
  2. AK7

AK7 Well-Known Member

Well ya,its stressful dealing with my mother in law. Lol

Sinister, rigjockey, Blood and 2 others like this.
  3. DrDaliah

AK7 likes this.
  4. AK7

AK7 Well-Known Member

It just really pisses me off that I still have to sit at the kid's table. Lol

5. Southern Fried

Southern Fried Well-Known Member

I used to get stuck with cruising the woods to find Christmas trees for the family..... for free of course. Now there's a heart attack maker.

I suppose it's alright.
    I could have bought a better one.
    I wanted a Pine (no pine trees on the place).
    I'll just leave it here and you can bring it over and set it up Christmas Eve.

Buddy had a farm that contained several dozen acres of Christmas trees that he sold commercially. He started a sideline .... you came out a couple of months before with your kids and such and picked out your favorite tree. He'd band it so nobody else would cut it.
    Then, in the week leading up to Christmas you come back. He's hook up his team of horses (Percherons) to a sleigh and take dad, kids and mom out through the snow to harvest their very own tree. Then back to the house for free hot chocolate and home made cookies while he prepped the tree for transport. Kids especially loved it. It became a "family tradition" for many.

BUT.... then the "whiney" generation came along and he had to quit doing it.

6. GAnthony

GAnthony Well-Known Member

tell you what, i had to go to my accountant (3 weeks ago) for some legal paperwork regarding my late dad.

i was floored with his bill, so much that i NEARLY did have a heart attack when the bill arrived.

2 weeks before christmas too....

Tazz, Blood and DrDaliah like this.
  7. DrDaliah

so true!!!!

8. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

I've never had a real tree.

But I pulled one out of somebody's trash once after Christmas just to burn it because my mom said they're extremely flammable.

She was right. That suckered went up like a Christmas tree. :eek:

Sinister, DrDaliah and Blood like this.
  9. Sinister

Sinister Smartass Emeritus Supporter

You dug in someone else's trash.

Awesome.

DrDaliah likes this.
  10. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

Where do you think those orange steel folding chairs I use on the raft came from? :D

DrDaliah and Sinister like this.
  11. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

So that bill for $49.95 you sent him was a bogus claim then?

@Sinister I motion we counter sue for defamation, and slander.