Has anybody considered investing in autonomous trucks?

krelithous

Supporter
Keeping my distance on this one. It might make somebody some money, but I don't want to be part of putting a few million people out of work.
part of the plan to these self driving trucks is to rip things out like the radio my other guess would be the bunk area and what ever else to make them lighter for better fuel economy. either way we see it over time millions of jobs will be lost!!!

GAnthony

Supporter
part of the plan to these self driving trucks is to rip things out like the radio my other guess would be the bunk area and what ever else to make them lighter for better fuel economy. either way we see it over time millions of jobs will be lost!!!
so would this be a true driver shortage????

GAnthony

Supporter
There is a driver shortage because of the pay, increase pay watch a whole new set of drivers show up:stare1:. should be entertaining:couch:
why pay MORE money for even less work?

i do not see any pay increases over say shorter working hours or days. i most likely see a part time job as a trucker, and part time jobs normally DO NOT pay benefits.

but as i had been saying all along, retirement for me is closer now than weeks ago.

as long as i get to my store(s) and the product is there on the shelves, i could care less how it got there.

Last edited:

krelithous

Supporter
becoming used to all of this tech to keep us safe feels like to me that we're to dumb to keep ourselves safe!!! a lot of this tech seems to be geared towards the younger generation:confused-96:

krelithous

Supporter

i do not see any pay increases over say shorter working hours or days. i most likely see a part time job as a trucker, and part time jobs normally DO NOT pay benefits.

but as i had been saying all along, retirement for me is closer now than weeks ago.

as long as i get to my store(s) and the product is there on the shelves, i could care less how it got there.
i have to agree on this one more way for them to cut costs and keep pay down. with no pay increase with inflation pretty soon no one's gonna want to drive

krelithous

Supporter
i live in mexiforina why would i want self driving anything:dunno::stare1:. we have our own driving culture:stare1:. sitting in a drivers seat doing nothing is boring:stare1:

krelithous

Supporter

why pay at all when they can slave the robots out:headscratch2:

First we were swarmed with flying cars and now we are unemployed by autonomous trucks:stare1::coocoo:

Last edited:

krelithous

Supporter
Hmmm i think mike's gonna get one with no emissions crap and that gets awsome prius fuel econmy:rolleyes::stare1:

Last edited:

krelithous

Supporter
am in favor of driver-less or pilot-less equipment being used by the military to go into areas without risking the lives of our brave men and women, but driver-less vehicles if ever deployed to the general public will be priced so high that only a small percentage of people will be able to afford or be willing to spend. These stories are good at trying to take the public's attention away from much bigger problems in our country that are not being addressed!

Mike

Staff member
am in favor of driver-less or pilot-less equipment being used by the military to go into areas without risking the lives of our brave men and women, but driver-less vehicles if ever deployed to the general public will be priced so high that only a small percentage of people will be able to afford or be willing to spend. These stories are good at trying to take the public's attention away from much bigger problems in our country that are not being addressed!
Why do you carry on conversations with yourself like this? ;)

krelithous

Supporter
i wonder if these things are smart enough to handle things like police sirens:confused-96:. maybe that's why self driving 4 wheelers arn't on the roads today because there not smart enough yet and lawyers are smart enough to know thet the infrastructure isn't set up for these things yet:headscratch2: i would like to see these things tested in blizzard like conditions with black ice and snow coming down an inch an hour at night!!! i don't think these things will ever be smart enough not to require a human

krelithous

Supporter

i see these things popular in commieforina. i say that because of the over regulation and the over taxation and everything that goes into a business out here is completly unpopular. it's the goverment as there always looking to spend spend spend and take funds away from business and when you take $$$ away from business there not gonna hire more people