Has anybody considered investing in autonomous trucks?

Discussion in 'Autonomous Trucking' started by Mike, Jun 12, 2017.

1. krelithous

krelithous Prius hater Supporter

part of the plan to these self driving trucks is to rip things out like the radio my other guess would be the bunk area and what ever else to make them lighter for better fuel economy. either way we see it over time millions of jobs will be lost!!!

2. GAnthony

GAnthony Well-Known Member

so would this be a true driver shortage????

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. krelithous

there is no true driver shortage. a shortage of good drivers yes also alot of drivers who say there retiring are just moving over to pvt fleets with hourly pay and home every night!!!

4. krelithous

There is a driver shortage because of the pay, increase pay watch a whole new set of drivers show up:stare1:. should be entertaining:couch:

5. GAnthony

GAnthony Well-Known Member

why pay MORE money for even less work?

i do not see any pay increases over say shorter working hours or days. i most likely see a part time job as a trucker, and part time jobs normally DO NOT pay benefits.

but as i had been saying all along, retirement for me is closer now than weeks ago.

as long as i get to my store(s) and the product is there on the shelves, i could care less how it got there.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. krelithous

becoming used to all of this tech to keep us safe feels like to me that we're to dumb to keep ourselves safe!!! a lot of this tech seems to be geared towards the younger generation:confused-96:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. krelithous

i have to agree on this one more way for them to cut costs and keep pay down. with no pay increase with inflation pretty soon no one's gonna want to drive

• Agree Agree x 1