Greetings

Rigjockey

Supporter
Where I work I am in and out of 9 different plants. X amount of people that I deal with.
The common greeting when i started there and continues is the fist bump. I like this as opposed to hand shaking.
I have seen enough of people hygiene habits to know that I do not want to shake hands with everyone. plus colds and flues this time of year

As Jerry Seinfeld made light of, handshakes It is ****ing awkward. Holds on too long, Releases too soon Sweaty hands etc,etc.
But being as it is Christmas everyone wants to shake hands.
I can't wait to get back to the fist bump!

DrDaliah

Supporter
Where I work I am in and out of 9 different plants. X amount of people that I deal with.
The common greeting when i started there and continues is the fist bump. I like this as opposed to hand shaking.
I have seen enough of people hygiene habits to know that I do not want to shake hands with everyone. plus colds and flues this time of year

As Jerry Seinfeld made light of, handshakes It is ****ing awkward. Holds on too long, Releases too soon Sweaty hands etc,etc.
But being as it is Christmas everyone wants to shake hands.
I can't wait to get back to the fist bump!
bigtime. I also like the reach around the back and pat the shoulder. One way to get around the hand shake, is have a clipboard, or invoice in your right hand so you only have the left hand free, forcing you to greet by patting the shoulder. :)

r3gulator3

I know some folks are worried about germs ECT. I don't hold it against someone if they prefer fist bump to a handshake. As long as they look me in the eye while doing so.

I have a habit of judging a man by their handshake. Something I learned growing up. Firm grip three to four up and downs and a look in the eye usually meant they was on the level with you. Maybe that makes me old fashioned or whatever. But I found I got screwed over by people with limp handshakes and who refused to look me in the eye than the other.