Greetings

Discussion in 'Truckers Health With Dr. Daliah' started by rigjockey, Dec 23, 2016.

1. rigjockey

rigjockey Token Canadian.

Where I work I am in and out of 9 different plants. X amount of people that I deal with.
    The common greeting when i started there and continues is the fist bump. I like this as opposed to hand shaking.
    I have seen enough of people hygiene habits to know that I do not want to shake hands with everyone. plus colds and flues this time of year

As Jerry Seinfeld made light of, handshakes It is ****ing awkward. Holds on too long, Releases too soon Sweaty hands etc,etc.
    But being as it is Christmas everyone wants to shake hands.
    I can't wait to get back to the fist bump!

• Like Like x 1
  2. GAnthony

GAnthony Well-Known Member

i keep my hands in my pockets.

• Like Like x 2
  3. rigjockey

rigjockey Token Canadian.

Are ya a part-timer?:D

4. GAnthony

GAnthony Well-Known Member

at my age, i'm lucky for any time.........

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cargo Commando

Cargo Commando Well-Known Member

Id love to be part time,,,

6. DrDaliah

DrDaliah Well-Known Member Supporter

bigtime. I also like the reach around the back and pat the shoulder. One way to get around the hand shake, is have a clipboard, or invoice in your right hand so you only have the left hand free, forcing you to greet by patting the shoulder. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Skateboard

Skateboard ** Commie Express ** Supporter

You wrote more but that's all I saw

• Like Like x 1
  8. DrDaliah

DrDaliah Well-Known Member Supporter

hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaahh

9. ironpony

ironpony Well-Known Member Supporter

Y'all ever hear of "washing your hands?"

Thought not. :toothpick:

Shake hands... find out if the other party is a limp-wrist wuss like @Duck, or a man's man like John Wayne.

:stirpot2:

Go wash your hands before ya stick 'em in yer mouth.

;)

• Like Like x 2
  10. r3gulator3

r3gulator3 Well-Known Member

I know some folks are worried about germs ECT. I don't hold it against someone if they prefer fist bump to a handshake. As long as they look me in the eye while doing so.

I have a habit of judging a man by their handshake. Something I learned growing up. Firm grip three to four up and downs and a look in the eye usually meant they was on the level with you. Maybe that makes me old fashioned or whatever. But I found I got screwed over by people with limp handshakes and who refused to look me in the eye than the other.

• Like Like x 4