get rid of the robo calls

Discussion in 'Science And Technology' started by gearjammer, May 1, 2017.

1. krelithous

krelithous Prius hater Supporter

that's garbage it don't work:stare1:

• BS BS x 1
  2. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

I don't care what the message is or who it's from.

I fully support the NRA and their mission... but I've hung up on them when they've called me asking for money.

3. krelithous

i remember many moons ago. i was getting bothered by those microcrap scammers in india. they would plaster my screen telling me my pc was wacked and that they would have to disconnect me from the network:rolllaugh3:. i had a friend of mine write a virus for me that destroys the hard drive :D:biglaugh::rolllaugh3: and it worked as we tested it as he replaced three hard drives and it kept blowing em out:D. so i call the number out of amusement because i knew the pc's state. he gives me a link to type in so i did and i gave him remote access. so while he's logging in i'm pulling up his ip address to see where he is and he's in india:eek:. so then he asks permission to go through the pc and he's telling me that this is wrong and that's wrong and it's going to cost 700.00 to fix it:mad:. though i am laughing at this idiot to myself. i asked him if he was microcrap certified he said yes:coocoo:. that was a lie then i asked him where he was and he told me somewhere other than he was:eek: that was no surprize. so then i posted his ip address in the chat window with an image of where he truly was. well by that time he was feeling a little uncomfy:D:biglaugh:. then i asked him how it felt to be a microcrap scammer:rolleyes: he didn't know what to say i could sense him starting to sweat it out once i started putting the screws to him:D. so then i tell him that he's not certified as i told him that my pc's drive is new and that it's a virtual machine he had no clue on what that was:coocoo:. i sent the link in the chat window and told him to click on it so numb nuts clicks on it:biglaugh:. i told numb nuts it's gonna cost him more than 700.00 to fix his pc:D:biglaugh:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. ironpony

ironpony Well-Known Member Supporter

Bullshit.

It works. I have my phone's registered, and I don't get too calls.

5. krelithous

my numbers on there and i still get all kinds of calls:confused-96::coocoo:

6. ironpony

Have you ever reported those numbers? I turned in one years ago, and have never had to since. They learn quick.

7. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

They place the calls with a computer and spoof the caller ID.

I don't know how to place calls that way but if you go to prankdial dot com you can type in the number to call, and also type in a different number that will display on the person's caller ID, and a robot will prank call them.

I confused the hell out of Sarah's brothers once. I had them receiving robo-prank calls from each other's numbers while they were standing right next to each other. o_O

• Like Like x 2
  8. rigjockey

rigjockey Token Canadian.

Yup. I have had some robocall from a local cell #. I called back the number and they person on the other end had no idea what i was talking about and I could tell they were genuine.
    The robocallers spoofed their number.

9. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

Yep... And if you report them to the government they get harassed. If you report it to a third party blacklist they get problems too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. rigjockey

rigjockey Token Canadian.

No I just let it go. It was obvious that the owner of the phone with that # was also a victim. I did block that # though, On my phone.

11. krelithous

yes i have reported them and i still get calls!! you won free vacations:biglaugh: yea ok:stare1:. i just give them the number to the local police dept and tell em to call me when i get home. i got what i wanted i haven't heard from them again:D

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  12. ironpony

The cops aren't supposed to call you doofus! Unless...

:eek:

13. krelithous

no doofus the scammers call the cops:bonk:

• Like Like x 1
  14. krelithous

if they use a program called log me in then you can call log me in and give em the 6 digit code they give you and log me in support can figure out where they are and ban there account:D. though be sure to tell log me in that there scammers and that you don't want to see them taking advantage of other people:thumbsup:. the fake microsoft pop up ads saying you have a virus malware on your pc has been popping up more and more lately. microsoft or your isp will never contact someone and tell them there having problems with viruses and or malware:stare1:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017