Georgia Pacific really sucks

Discussion in 'Shipper and Receiver Reviews' started by TexasFrank, Feb 5, 2016.

1. TexasFrank

TexasFrank New Member

This relates to Sweetwater, TX, and Acme (Quanah), TX, locations. These shippers will keep you waiting at least 3 hours to load. They will screw up your clock every time. They are slow and don't seem to care about anything. You will see 3 times as many employees driving around in golf carts
    as you will loading trucks. Avoid if at all possible.

2. Injun

Injun Rabid Squaw Staff Member

Three hours? That's all?

rigjockey likes this.
  3. patriciajnsn

patriciajnsn Steering Wheel Holder

you tell people to avoid this place,what about you?why are you picking up from there?tell dispatch to give that load to someone else.three hrs of waiting is ok sometimes,thats all part of trucking but it should not be made into a habit day in day out.

4. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member Staff Member

GP seems to suck like that everywhere. They can be a day behind on what is supposed to be a preload, and nobody there cares, nor do they seem to want to let anybody know. I lived about 40 miles from one of their plants and used them for my load out of the house on a regular basis.

Didn't take me long to get their phone number so I could call from my house to see if the load was ready. If it wasn't ready, the best information I could get from this is whether the trailer to be loaded had been put in a door or not. My next call was to my company to let them know it wasn't ready, there was no ETA as to when it would be ready, and that I would check back in with them the next day to see if they got it done yet.

rigjockey and mndriver like this.
  5. rigjockey

rigjockey I am the reason why we can't have nice things! Staff Member

I am surprised shippers get away with not having pre-loads ready and not getting charge for demurrage.

Maybe if they where charged demurrage they would get their act together. Even the threat of demurrage. should help things along. and more drivers would use the word demurrage in their everyday vocabulary.

I know I would like to say demurrage a lot more than I do now.

And that was the point of this post, So I could use the word demurrage!

Thank You!:thumbsup:

dchawk81, BirchBarlow and Injun like this.
  6. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

Don't know about demurrage, but I can say stick the load up your .....that seems to get the point across ;)

mndriver and rigjockey like this.
  7. Bored Insane

Bored Insane Well-Known Member

I've been to this place, in ACME, TX. They are not the worst. Try Republic Paper in Lawton, OK. Min 4 hours, I've waited 16 hours once.

8. Ranger_375

Ranger_375 Well-Known Member

I'm all about the GP on the oregon coast... but I get awesome seafood on the way in or out, depending on which end I have more time on. They also have space on-site to take your 10 if you show up early to get your load. Roll out with a full clock, g2g.

9. Injun

Hwy 20 between Corvallis and Toledo is open to trucks now. That simplifies the trip considerably.

10. BirchBarlow

BirchBarlow I hate KW 680s

Us 20 to avoid the Ohio Pike sucks ...too much traffic frequent towns and lots of Stop Lights....

Better route is take Ohio route 2 from Toledo all the way to Cleveland...after the first 30-40 miles its all Freeway

11. Injun

Oregon. Corvallis and Toledo, Oregon. Keep up.

12. BirchBarlow

BirchBarlow I hate KW 680s

My Bad

13. Ranger_375

Ranger_375 Well-Known Member

Yeah, sadly that now means my route doesn't pass the fish shack. Boo hoo.

14. Injun

The town of Toledo had some decent restaurants when I lived there... 15 years ago.

15. dchawk81

dchawk81 Well-Known Member

Dispatch would think I'm saying something else and messed up something.

"Yo I got demurrage to report."

"Was anyone hurt? Can you take pictures? Was it on public, or private property?"

Injun likes this.