George Michael and Heart Failure

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
My brother deals with CHF duebto his polycystic kidneys. He's finally on dialysis, but it might be too little too late. He was at less than 15% kidney function for several years, but Kaiser required 10% before giving dialysis. He went into some kind of crisis that landed him in the hospital confused and in a tremendous amount of pain. They gave him too much narcotic pain killer crap and ODed him. Had to give him Narcan. That was about a month ago. He's been on dialysis since.

He has lost over 30 pounds from water that has been removed from his system. He's under 300 pounds for the first time in over 10 years.

DrDaliah

Supporter
My brother deals with CHF duebto his polycystic kidneys. He's finally on dialysis, but it might be too little too late. He was at less than 15% kidney function for several years, but Kaiser required 10% before giving dialysis. He went into some kind of crisis that landed him in the hospital confused and in a tremendous amount of pain. They gave him too much narcotic pain killer crap and ODed him. Had to give him Narcan. That was about a month ago. He's been on dialysis since.

He has lost over 30 pounds from water that has been removed from his system. He's under 300 pounds for the first time in over 10 years.
wow, so sorry to hear that. Sending prayers!

** Commie Express **
Supporter
They said he died peaceful in his sleep? How can that be with a heart attack. I'm sure I would sit up grabbing my chest in extreme pain then fall back down dead.

DrDaliah

Supporter
They said he died peaceful in his sleep? How can that be with a heart attack. I'm sure I would sit up grabbing my chest in extreme pain then fall back down dead.
If it was heart "failure" then it was more chronic and sometimes will not be accompanied by chest pain.

rigjockey

Token Canadian.
I know of two guys that I went to school with, Both of the had heart attacks in their 30's. That is pretty young.
No great loss to society, But am sure their Mum loved them.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
I figured this one was coming. Not a good prognosis from what I read on the original news of her heart attack.

As it was explained to me....

A heart attack is the heart just before an actual cardiac arrest. With prompt medical care, chances are really good to recover.

A cardiac arrest is where the electrical impulses to the heart have been interupted and recovery is highly unlikely.

DrDaliah

Supporter
I figured this one was coming. Not a good prognosis from what I read on the original news of her heart attack.

As it was explained to me....

A heart attack is the heart just before an actual cardiac arrest. With prompt medical care, chances are really good to recover.

A cardiac arrest is where the electrical impulses to the heart have been interupted and recovery is highly unlikely.
Yep you're right. A heart attack is an attack on part of the muscle, where as the "arrest" involves the whole heart. Its a clogged vs electrical issue. :)

Heart Attack or Sudden Cardiac Arrest: How Are They Different?