George Michael and Heart Failure

Discussion in 'Truckers Health With Dr. Daliah' started by DrDaliah, Dec 25, 2016.

1. DrDaliah

DrDaliah Well-Known Member Supporter

At 53 he's too young. Not yet confirmed why he had it (drugs, prior heart attack, etc) but here's the break down on heart failure if you need it.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!!

xoxoxoxo

Heart Failure: Your questions answered

2. mndriver

mndriver curmudgeon extraordinare

It's important people understand the difference between a heart attack and cardiac arrest too.

DrDaliah likes this.
  3. DrDaliah

Bigtime.

Duck likes this.
  4. Injun

Injun Rabid Squaw Staff Member

My brother deals with CHF duebto his polycystic kidneys. He's finally on dialysis, but it might be too little too late. He was at less than 15% kidney function for several years, but Kaiser required 10% before giving dialysis. He went into some kind of crisis that landed him in the hospital confused and in a tremendous amount of pain. They gave him too much narcotic pain killer crap and ODed him. Had to give him Narcan. That was about a month ago. He's been on dialysis since.

He has lost over 30 pounds from water that has been removed from his system. He's under 300 pounds for the first time in over 10 years.

ironpony and Tazz like this.
  5. DrDaliah

wow, so sorry to hear that. Sending prayers!

6. Skateboard

Skateboard ** Commie Express ** Supporter

They said he died peaceful in his sleep? How can that be with a heart attack. I'm sure I would sit up grabbing my chest in extreme pain then fall back down dead.

7. mndriver

8. DrDaliah

If it was heart "failure" then it was more chronic and sometimes will not be accompanied by chest pain.

Skateboard likes this.
  9. mndriver

I suspect over time we will learn of similar conditions to Prince and George Michael. Both had drug issues.

DrDaliah likes this.
  10. Skateboard

Skateboard ** Commie Express ** Supporter

I think it was the movie Grumpy Old Men. One was telling the other that a friend of theirs died. He asked how. He said in his sleep. Other guy said, "Lucky Bastard".

Sinister, ironpony and DrDaliah like this.
  11. rigjockey

rigjockey I am the reason why we can't have nice things! Staff Member

I know of two guys that I went to school with, Both of the had heart attacks in their 30's. That is pretty young.
    No great loss to society, But am sure their Mum loved them.

DrDaliah likes this.
  12. AK7

AK7 Well-Known Member

Inkeper, DrDaliah and rigjockey like this.
  13. DrDaliah

Carrie Fisher just died from her heart attack :(

14. mndriver

I think hers was more a cardiac arrest.

DrDaliah likes this.
  15. DrDaliah

16. mndriver

I figured this one was coming. Not a good prognosis from what I read on the original news of her heart attack.

As it was explained to me....

A heart attack is the heart just before an actual cardiac arrest. With prompt medical care, chances are really good to recover.

A cardiac arrest is where the electrical impulses to the heart have been interupted and recovery is highly unlikely.

17. DrDaliah

Yep you're right. A heart attack is an attack on part of the muscle, where as the "arrest" involves the whole heart. Its a clogged vs electrical issue. :)

Heart Attack or Sudden Cardiac Arrest: How Are They Different?