Registration Registration requires a valid email account. You may only have one account registered.
- Any account created for the purpose of attempting to advertise or solicit on this forum without permission from an Administrator is subject to immediate removal. This removal may result in your email address being sent to a spam list used by thousands of websites to prevent unwanted SPAM.
Be Courteous! We aim to ensure that the forum is an enjoyable place that you want to visit time and time again. Treating each other with respect and kindness, and thinking before you speak will go a long way towards making this an enjoyable place. We take the "be nice" rule very seriously.
- Do not engage in personal attacks on public or private individuals or entities in posts or via the PM system.
- Do not post libelous remarks or directly misleading information.
- Do not post the same discussion more than once or in many forums.
Stay On Topic While we expect topics to veer away from the original discussion after a while, please don't derail new threads with jokes and nonsense. Doing so will result in posts being removed, bans from affected threads, and possible temporary or permanent banning of your account.
Politics General Political discussion is not allowed in the public forums. We do allow the discussion of all trucking news and regulations, but any posts made in these discussions for the purpose of strictly politicizing the topic (bashing any of the political parties) will be removed and may result in your account standing being affected. We may have social groups located on our website that are joinable and cover this topic, but all discussion of these topics must remain inside the associated social groups.
Religion Religious topics are not allowed in our forum. We may have social groups located on our website that are joinable and cover this topic, but all discussion of these topics must remain inside the associated social groups.
Be Ethical and Don't SPAM! Many participants have commercial interests associated with the forum topic and bring valuable information and expertise to share but participants may not use the Forum for commercial gain.
- No SPAM! Participants may not post affiliate links or links to direct others to any pages at their own website or website in which they have a commercial interest, including informational pages.
- Do not use posts to promote your blogs, videos, or any other website you may own or be associated with unless you have permission from one of our administrators
- Participants may not send out SPAM via our Personal Conversation system.
- Our user base is not an unlimited resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit. If you want to solicit the board for information when writing a book, article, or conducting a survey, please ask a moderator or administrator first.
- Trolling, cyber-bullying, harassment, stalking or predatory behavior is NOT allowed in posts, PM's or any other section of our forum and is grounds for account restriction or banishment.
Signature Guidelines: Signatures are setup in your profile. They will appear at the bottom of every post you make.
- Signatures must be kept to a maximum of six lines (including blank lines) and contain no more than two links (no commercial links permitted). Participants may not post affiliate links or any other form of advertising link in their signatures.
- Signature may not include email addresses or prompts to contact or a sales pitch.
- Signatures cannot contain lewd, vulgar or offensive material and we reserve the right to alter or remove your signature and or it's contents at any time without explanation.
- Signatures must follow our forums posting guidelines.
- Signatures may contain one non commercial image not to exceed 468 x 60 pixels.
Do Not Post Protected / Copyrighted Content: Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the member should not be posted without the consent of the owner. Copyrighted material includes images and text produced and owned by others. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible. You cannot legally post entire articles, images or news without permission from the copyright holder. Even if you attribute the content correctly it’s still copyright infringement. Under Fair Use provisions you can legally post a small abstract of an article - or perhaps the opening paragraph. The exception to this rule is press releases; they are meant for distribution and can be copied and distributed. If you are not sure if you can copy something then always err on the side of caution and simply post a link to the material.
About the First Amendment, Censorship and Your "right to free speech": You do indeed have a right to free speech. However this forum is privately owned and requires members to abide by our rules and by the decisions of our moderators. If you cannot accept these rules we encourage you to contact one of the many good web hosting companies out there and exercise that right to your heart's content.
Vendor and Customer Disputes:
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and dealer through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community.
Site Management & Member Concerns: If we feel site rules are violated we may remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or restrict account access. Any abuse toward our administrators or moderators may result in immediate suspension of your account. Complaints about a moderator's decision regarding a particular post are not to be made in posts; instead send a private message to a moderator or administrator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned or any other member of our site team. Do not repost deleted material. This forum is largely self-policing, which means that moderators will respond and react to problems reported through the REPORT POST option, via the CONTACT FORM at the bottom of each page, or via PM. Do not hesitate to use these tools to report any problems regarding the forum.
Account Management: Requests for changes to your account should be made by using the Contact Us link at the bottom of every forum page. Participants may only have one account. Moderators may consolidate or delete multiple accounts.
Do Not Post Violent Content: Violent content includes content that contains graphic or gory images/videos such as bloodshed, fight scenes, and gruesome or freak accidents.
Disabling Accounts: We may remove accounts that have no posts. If the account has many posts, completely deleting the account can significantly disrupt thread continuity. In that event, we may (if requested and at our discretion) disable your account in some or all of the following ways:
Change the user name, remove signature content, subscriptions, avatar and any info from the profile that might be identifying or replace it with fictitious info, change account options to refuse contact and ban account. Where communication features were used to share information with other individuals (e.g., sending a personal message to another Forum user) we generally cannot remove content. If someone quoted your post, the original user name will be shown as having been quoted (which we cannot purge).
Someone has to interpret the above rules and how they apply to this forum. Ultimately it's up to our site moderators and administrator to make this decision. If you have any questions about these rules, please feel free to contact a moderator or administrator. Thanks to everyone for keeping the tone appropriate for a group of friends. Please keep it up!
Registering and participating at The Truckers Forum constitutes agreement to abide by these policies and to abide by the Terms Of Service. We reserve the right to modify these policies at any time without giving prior notice to you.
Last Edited: 01/24/2017