Dont be Fooled by the Pratador Outside San Antonio

Discussion in 'Truck Stop Reviews and Discussion' started by BirchBarlow, Jul 12, 2017.

1. BirchBarlow

BirchBarlow I hate KW 680s

Just had a flashback ...

When I used to run Laredo Texas..

After taking the 410 around San Antonio ya meet the 35 again...

Theres this place called the Pratador..

Big Neon sign ya see for miles...

Welp thats like a BUCKYS and No Trucks..

You shall exit find it aint a truckstop then back track along those Dirt Trails that Texas calls a feeder road

2. BirchBarlow

Tell ya what tough of ya can bear south to mm 56 or soemthing in La Salle county was a Flying J on one side and a Stripes mart on other side..

In texas many Stripes Mart host the Texas Taco Comany instead of like subway or mcdonals...

The breakfast burritos are FAT and late day go "Barbacoa"... @Mike knoes what im talking about

3. Bored Insane

Bored Insane Well-Known Member

Dude, I for one don't have a clue what you posted...

• Like Like x 2
  4. BirchBarlow

Then ya never ran Laredo

5. Bored Insane

No, but I've been to Laredo in my Swift days. I like Laredo and Texas in general, but never heard of Parada... what?

6. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member Staff Member

I can live on what these people call "street tacos". The best are the trucks that are cooking the stuff up fresh, you can find those all over the place heading down there. The one that often sets up shop at the club across the street from the Pilot has some outstanding food. Sometimes, it is across the street by the J and TA.

• Like Like x 2
  7. gearjammer

gearjammer jammer Staff Member Supporter

some damn good smoked barbecue down that way also.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Bored Insane

I think I saw a smoke house near I-35 (W?, where it's split) with nothing around it, but some trucks stopped there (for food, I'm guessing). Must be some real good BBQ.

9. BirchBarlow

Um im freaking looser...

Cant belive anybody took me serously..

Wow

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  10. Bored Insane

Do you remember what the exit # was? Or do you mean TA and Flying J near carrier drive exit? I gotta try them next time I'm down there.

I like the tacos from street vendors in Mexico, particularly the one in Tijuana, I can walk from the truck stop go across the border and get some good food for like 4 bucks, then walk back to the US side. I never been south from Laredo, though. Maybe there's some good food there too. 20170520_193533.jpg

11. Mike

Exit 12 or 13, where all the truck stops are down there.

12. Bored Insane

Yes. I sometimes walk from Swift terminal to TA because there's McD, BK and Denny's, etc. (in the past)
    I just need to find a load going near Laredo...

13. BirchBarlow

The truck stops are all clustered by 35...

If ya drive down the road I remember several taco trucks parked along the road in the industrial park...

14. Mike

I stay at our terminal in Laredo and out of those truck stops. Without that option, I would hang out no closer than the Loves or the Road Ranger across from it.

15. BirchBarlow

Nothing wrong with laredo if they got a backhaul already lined up...

Otherwise ya sit for 2/3 days

• Like Like x 1
  16. rigjockey

rigjockey Token Canadian.

My ex-company would send me up to Houston. No point in sitting in Laredo for freight that don't pay worth a damn.