Does anyone have any suggestions for e-log solutions?

with less than 5 trucks, you are required to pay for the entire year for ELD activation up front.

They've been calling me since April when I started to use the Elog portion of this software to learn how it operates. From both the driver side and the carrier points of view.

I can't say I echo your joy with customer service. Every time I have talked with them, they are non-English speaking people who can't get past an accent. It makes it hard to understand them completely.

Well, upfront costs aren't a big deal when every other company is charging hundreds of dollars for the hardware. Atleast with these guys the hardware is free and I am just paying in advance unlike JJ Keller and Rand where I have to not only pay in advance but then pay for THEIR equipment too.

I didn't mean to sound so positive but I mean its business at the end of the day. I asked for a dedicated account manager in exchange for my business and I got one. So, for any issues I just call him directly.

Rigjockey

Supporter
Anybody looked into the Transflo option? I know nothing about it, but see it looks to be a simple plug into diagnostic port option, then run of the transflo app.
They sent me a notification about it and then I remembered I had a Translfo APP on my hone that I no longer needed and removed said APP to save space on my phone.
You are welcome;)

ironpony

Supporter
I know that and KeepTruckin provides a hardware which connects to the ECM but at least its free!
Sounds like what retail calls a loss leader... give them something "free" to get them hooked on the product. Nothing is free. Just saying that you should look before you commit.

If your "free" gizmo breaks, what will you be expected tp do to get it repaired or replaced? If it involves returning it to China for repair, I'd say you're screwed.

Sounds like what retail calls a loss leader... give them something "free" to get them hooked on the product. Nothing is free. Just saying that you should look before you commit.

If your "free" gizmo breaks, what will you be expected tp do to get it repaired or replaced? If it involves returning it to China for repair, I'd say you're screwed.
I thought of that before and got it clarified. I am not required to pay anything extra if the device or cables are damaged. My guess is that they are covering it with insurance within the monthly fee. For me its simple, do I want to pay $700 with companies like JJ Keller and Rand or do I pay a simple fee of $20 p/month as a baby step.