Does anyone have any suggestions for e-log solutions?

Discussion in 'New Truck Driver Questions' started by jasonroy, Jun 12, 2017.

1. jasonroy

jasonroy Member

Well, upfront costs aren't a big deal when every other company is charging hundreds of dollars for the hardware. Atleast with these guys the hardware is free and I am just paying in advance unlike JJ Keller and Rand where I have to not only pay in advance but then pay for THEIR equipment too.

I didn't mean to sound so positive but I mean its business at the end of the day. I asked for a dedicated account manager in exchange for my business and I got one. So, for any issues I just call him directly.

2. ironpony

ironpony Well-Known Member Supporter

That's because an interface to the ECM is required going forward. That requires hardware of some sort.

3. rigjockey

rigjockey Token Canadian.

They sent me a notification about it and then I remembered I had a Translfo APP on my hone that I no longer needed and removed said APP to save space on my phone.
    You are welcome;)

4. jasonroy

jasonroy Member

I know that and KeepTruckin provides a hardware which connects to the ECM but at least its free!

5. ironpony

ironpony Well-Known Member Supporter

Sounds like what retail calls a loss leader... give them something "free" to get them hooked on the product. Nothing is free. Just saying that you should look before you commit.

If your "free" gizmo breaks, what will you be expected tp do to get it repaired or replaced? If it involves returning it to China for repair, I'd say you're screwed.

6. mndriver

mndriver curmudgeon extraordinare Staff Member Supporter

No.

It's not

7. jasonroy

jasonroy Member

I thought of that before and got it clarified. I am not required to pay anything extra if the device or cables are damaged. My guess is that they are covering it with insurance within the monthly fee. For me its simple, do I want to pay $700 with companies like JJ Keller and Rand or do I pay a simple fee of $20 p/month as a baby step.

8. MAE

MAE New Member

Guess I'll be looking for a pre 99 truck!