difficult dog breeds to train

Discussion in 'Truckers Pet Stop' started by GAnthony, Apr 14, 2017.

1. rigjockey

rigjockey Token Canadian.

Mom has a Yorkie that barks non stop when I go over there. He knows I let him outside when I go for a dart, But he doesn't want to wait. Now when I go over there I just let him outside right away and he settles down in regards to barking. He still wants me to pet him while I sit on the couch.

We had a Shih Tzu back in the day. She was so quiet and sniggly but dumb as a bag of hammers. I mean this dog would walk into walls.

The Yorkie is just clumsy but he is smart.

2. Hammer166

Hammer166 Instigateur №166™

The Sassy One is helping a local non-profit, they take dogs from the pound and train them to be service dogs for vets with PTSD. The main guy put it in a way I'd not heard before: As the leader of the pack, you take ownership of everything away from the dogs. If it's yours, they don't have to worry about it, and can just chill out.

It's amazing to see what he's done. Willy Nelson is a Husky/Aussie mix who was well known as an ass-kicker when he was a stray. He's fight anyone and anything, and when he was finally caught, he terrified the workers at the shelter. Willy is now almost ready for his new task, and is the most gentle and lovable critter you could imagine. It's hard to believe he's the same dog that had to be crated and isolated from people and dogs for the first few months they had him.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

Watch out for that guy. He's definitely a commie. :eek:

• Like Like x 3
  4. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

Precisely ;) You'll hear Cesar say "Calm Submissive Attitude" they have to know you make the decisions. Where to go, who to bite, when to eat.........

My pack will react when a threat is presented but all it takes is Crys or I stepping forward and they stand behind us waiting to see what to do. If we are not there they do what they think is best.

Still working with my MIL. She has to use food to distract them when UPS, or Fed-Ex show up.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hammer166

Hammer166 Instigateur №166™

He DOES have a Bernie sticker on his car...:eek:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Carol1591

Carol1591 New Member

First time owners should always go for Mix Breed Dog. where they can get 2 Characteristics breeds of dogs in one dog. They Can understand well too.

7. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

My first dog was a German shepherd mixed with :dunno:

Damn thing could climb a chain link fence. Not jump it, actually climb it. He would put his paws in the holes and climb it. He'd get to the top and jump down the other side. My dad had to put a cattle fence wire across the top.

Around the block, at the park, we used to climb the backstop at the baseball field. It was like a 100 foot wide chain link fence probably 30 feet tall, and near the top it bends inward.

One time that dog followed me to the top. It was funny as hell but then he couldn't get down and was certainly smart enough not to jump.

We had to call the fire department to get him down. A guy across the street came out with a full chest harness and a rope, and two firemen climbed up and I had to keep him from freaking out when they put the harness on him. One guy stayed up there to brake the rope while the other one climbed down with the dog.

:rolllaugh3:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

Plenty of dogs in the shelters need good homes. And I think people making these new "designer" mixes should be summarily shot.

99%are raised in puppy mill situations, and only viable while the latest trend. Then the left overs are dumped in the pounds and shelters while folks find the next facetwatsnaptinder breed of the day to buy.

Not new really. When 101 Dalmatians came out everybody had to have one. Until they figured out why they used them as runners. Them off to the pound where others had to pick up the pieces.

I despise people that breed dogs for profit. I loathe assholes who come up with the new cute breed and flood rescues and shelters when they do not sell.

If I had my way when they are caught we would force them to breed in a cage, never to be let out, and gang raped every time they were not pregnant until they were. Which would really suck for the assholes like Vick who lack the plumbing for pregnancy. But knowing he was getting as ****ed as those dogs he ****ed over and killed would be justice.

Yeah I want any known breeder drawn and quartered. And that includes the numnuts from AKC and UKC or any narcissistic prick that will kill a puppy for lack of markings. It ****ing happens. Daily.