Debbie Reynolds treated for possible stroke

rigjockey

Token Canadian.
My Father had a stroke and then he had several more strokes. it has been very difficult to watch him slide into a child like state.
You can't hold a conversation with him. Everything is either yes or no. Mostly NO! No to everything and I can see the fear in his eyes.

I am not sure how much of him is still left inside.
When he was doing not too bad he said to me "Why did this happen to me?" I don't know Dad
Then he said to me " It was nice knowing you" both of those things broke my heart.

Mom takes him to the seniors center almost everyday and he takes part in the activities that they have. i think that is the best thing for him to stay active socially and physically. Before that he as just laying in bed 22 hour a day.

DrDaliah

Supporter
My Father had a stroke and then he had several more strokes. it has been very difficult to watch him slide into a child like state.
You can't hold a conversation with him. Everything is either yes or no. Mostly NO! No to everything and I can see the fear in his eyes.

I am not sure how much of him is still left inside.
When he was doing not too bad he said to me "Why did this happen to me?" I don't know Dad
Then he said to me " It was nice knowing you" both of those things broke my heart.

Mom takes him to the seniors center almost everyday and he takes part in the activities that they have. i think that is the best thing for him to stay active socially and physically. Before that he as just laying in bed 22 hour a day.
so sad. heartbreaking. Glad he's going to a senior center to keep busy :)