dam she's beautiful

dchawk81

Aren't or weren't Western Stars basically mutts made from parts from various manufacturers? And I don't mean Meritor for air and Cummins for motors. I mean steering wheels from one company and dashes from another to the point of being obvious?

ironpony

Supporter
if memory serves me, Western Stars were the primary choice for the Canadian owners (maybe even being built in Canada??) . they trickled down here in very small numbers. maybe the newer ones have a much better/improved suspension system, but the one i drove.....dear god........was so hard riding.

i liked the style of the one i drove, cannot remember the model name, but it was basically a boxy looking thing. like as an example, a pete 379.
That was back before they became a Cascadia knock-off.

krelithous

Supporter
Aren't or weren't Western Stars basically mutts made from parts from various manufacturers? And I don't mean Meritor for air and Cummins for motors. I mean steering wheels from one company and dashes from another to the point of being obvious?
what there made from fart car parts:eek:

Sinister

Smartass Emeritus
Supporter
No.

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
Western Star started as White in BC. And they're built in Portland, OR now.

I used to maintain and operate a Western State fire truck, but no idea whether it's related.