Cutting the cord

Rigjockey

Supporter
I think we had three or four channels. And you had to get up to change the channel. Oh god the horror. :biggrin-2: You’re right though you saw the world not through a screen. We played outside and used our imaginations, made stuff, got scraped up, didn’t come in until dark, good stuff.
:biglaugh:If you grew up like I did, then you were the remote for the T.V. Boy change the channel.
Huff, why do I gotta get up and change the channel?
It was explained to me that he just worked all day and paid for the T.V. and the roof over my head and my food and every single ****ing thing I thought i owned:biglaugh:He was my DAD and not my buddy or friend :thumbsup:

Keendriver

Hates all of you
Supporter
It was explained to me that he just worked all day and paid for the T.V. and the roof over my head and my food and every single ****ing thing I thought i owned:biglaugh:He was my DAD and not my buddy or friend :thumbsup:
Sounds like a good Dad.
I imagine he did everything he could to give you a good upbringing and give you every advantage in life to ensure you could succeed in life.

And yet you turned out to be Canadianackstanian.

Mike

Staff member
So, ended up in the phone store today to get a new phone.

Turns out, directv has an app for smart tv’s. Basically, you can get the same channels as the traditional programs, only cheaper.

The traditional satellite and cable tv options are being forced into apps to compete with the new options.

krelithous

Supporter
So, ended up in the phone store today to get a new phone.

Turns out, directv has an app for smart tv’s. Basically, you can get the same channels as the traditional programs, only cheaper.

The traditional satellite and cable tv options are being forced into apps to compete with the new options.
the directv now app is terrible. channels take to long to load or they don't load at all then you have to keep closing the app out and re opening it. and if you compare prices it's cheaper just to switch providers since these companies treat new customers better than long term customers who paid there bill on time every month. and i would be carefull before i signed up again for directv now there will only be chat support and no phone support. they can take your $$$ but they can't refund it back to your bank a shady practice in my book.!!! i had to get the FCC involved and my lawyer to get a refund after paying for 3 months of service and nothing but channels not loading up or taking to long to load the on demand freezing up pixelixing. i hope that's not the future of tv

Last edited:

krelithous

Supporter
Yeah they suck. Point is, things are changing rapidly.
so true and hopefully for the better. i would love to see town run internet in alot of areas vs these greedy corparations!!! all this data cap is getting to be BS just another money grab for em since it don't cost them any more to make a meg of data. though i do understand they have there bills to pay also. i am also waiting for 5G to come out i think alot of people will cut there home internet cord also because people are just getting fed up with all of this gouging and high prices

dchawk81

I only have their internet. No real issues with it so far.

I can get enough mind numbing, eye glazing, drool inducing programming off the OTA stations.

This weekend my cable box goes back to the cable company and my cable will be canx.
Cable is way too expensive for the content. I am told it is the same for satellite.

I have Netflicks and now Cravetv streaming services. They offer the content I am interested in and on demand when ever I want, All commercial free and all for the low, low price of $8.oo a month each.
So much content and adding new stuff all the time, i am sure I will never view it all.

There is a whole movement out there, you can google cutting the cord.

With a Digital signal available free with a good antenna. I can still get local news or even get that online.

Millennials have never subscribed to a cable service. I thought I was cool as a GenXer never having had a land line.

Anyone else made the move to cut the cord?
rigjockey,

It certainly seems that is the trend in the television industry. Playstation vue, Youtube TV and more like these companies are creating a way to watch television without cable!

Fleet Trailer Team

krelithous

Supporter
rigjockey,

It certainly seems that is the trend in the television industry. Playstation vue, Youtube TV and more like these companies are creating a way to watch television without cable!

Fleet Trailer Team
once one cuts the cord then they crank the rate up to make it not worth to even cut the cord for there dying service. i am so glad that we have 5g out here:yippee-1:. hopefully it won't be to much longer before i can cut the home internets:eek:. it's just a matter of time for the hardware to be released:foreheadslap:. it's funny how you cut the cord to alot of services but they want to sell you more lol

Last edited:

krelithous

Supporter
I only have their internet. No real issues with it so far.

I can get enough mind numbing, eye glazing, drool inducing programming off the OTA stations.
yea but comcrap has bandwith caps no thanks. it was 300 gigs i have no idea what it is now. or you can give em an extra $50.00 a month for unlimited bandwith last i know. another verizon greedy