Crete Carrier

Discussion in 'Crete Carrier' started by Keendriver, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keendriver

Keendriver Hates all of you Supporter

Top notch company.

I worked for Crete for 10 yrs starting in'93 and feel they really are top of the line.They have A strong customer base and loads going everywhere.
    I was treated as an adult and expected to behave as one.
    Benefits were good,hometime was always honored and if you weren't getting the miles all you had to do was pick up the phone and talk to your fleet manager...problem solved.You got A choice of loads(3).Now you didn't always get 3 choices sometimes just 2 but I would say 80% of the time you got some choice.
    They were always honest with me.During the very first phone call I made to them I was told "we go to NYC,not alot but we do go so you might end up there".No pie in the sky "no you will not have to go"line of BS.
    Equipment was decent.Pretty much standard company type trucks,Condos,430 Detroit,10 speeds.They were all late model and well maintained.
    The pay was always at or very near the top of the industry.
    You run legal and they scrutinize logs.12000 miles A month and you are guaranteed A log audit.
    I wont sit here and tell you they are perfect but I can count the times I had any real problems on one hand.Just like anywhere else you get out of it what you put in.
    Ok,you in the back,with your hand up asking if they are so good why don't you still work there???Fair enough....
    I simply wanted to do something different,did not want to drag A van around anymore.Wanted something A bit more challenging.BUT if I were to go back to dry van freight,Crete is where I would go.

Just my two cents.Hope it helps someone.
    Keendriver

2. bountykiller

bountykiller Member

is US EXPRESS better or just as good as Crete Carrier

3. patriciajnsn

patriciajnsn Steering Wheel Holder

Well who would know more about crete then keendriver.As for usexpress never heard anything bad about them.But they do have automatics and drivers I have spoke with rather have stick shift.

4. Keendriver

Keendriver Hates all of you Supporter

I actually drove for US before I drove for Crete.That was so long ago I couldn't fairly comment on them.
    As for Crete, it has been 6 years since I drove for them, but, I would imagine the basic culture is the same.I will just reiterate what I wrote above:I was treated well, I made money.Nuff said.

5. SC Rydah

SC Rydah Active Member

Thank u. Seems like a nice company. Drivers I talked to didn't complain and said they like the autos, but I'd rather CONTROL my trans on my own.

6. messwittex12

messwittex12 New Member

Do not pick Crete Carrier. Lost everything I had working for Crete Carrier. If you give them a notice they will starve you out of the truck. Best advice to you is stay away from that company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.